A dark sabbath cometh duuuuuude! HAZE XXL linocut 2018

Started by amazonAMAZON, August 29, 2018, 04:22:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DToxico

Quote from: hemispheres on October 11, 2018, 09:32:06 AM
Quote from: DToxico on October 09, 2018, 02:00:15 PM
That's the one song post-first-four that people always give a free pass to (or just forget isn't on Master of Reality or something). If they're feeling generous they'll also give one to "Symptom of the Universe" (while specifying that the second half of the song is, like, gay as fuck doood)

I've actually never encountered anyone so entrenched in stoner rock retardation that they think SBS and Sabotage suck. I knew some punk rock dude who hated everything after Master of Reality, but he also hated Melvins and thought NOFX and Rancid were amazing.

Believe it or not I have. Something about them getting 'too prog', meh.

Though that's still better than the prog/power-metal assholes I've known who solemnly swear with a straight face that all Sabbath other than the three Dio albums is unlistenable neanderthal-music (because TECHNIQUE! TECHNIQUE! TECHNIQUE, SQUIDWARD!) and have this weird sense of superiority and self-importance as a metal fan based around the fact that they "see through" the early Sabbath stuff and think it sucks. I wish I could say I've only met one person like that but that's sadly not the case.

hemispheres

Quote from: DToxico on October 11, 2018, 11:38:46 AM
That's the one song post-first-four that people always give a free pass to (or just forget isn't on Master of Reality or something). If they're feeling generous they'll also give one to "Symptom of the Universe" (while specifying that the second half of the song is, like, gay as fuck doood)

I've actually never encountered anyone so entrenched in stoner rock retardation that they think SBS and Sabotage suck. I knew some punk rock dude who hated everything after Master of Reality, but he also hated Melvins and thought NOFX and Rancid were amazing.

Though that's still better than the prog/power-metal assholes I've known who solemnly swear with a straight face that all Sabbath other than the three Dio albums is unlistenable neanderthal-music (because TECHNIQUE! TECHNIQUE! TECHNIQUE, SQUIDWARD!) and have this weird sense of superiority and self-importance as a metal fan based around the fact that they "see through" the early Sabbath stuff and think it sucks. I wish I could say I've only met one person like that but that's sadly not the case.

I knew a guy on Sputnikmusic who was like that. He listened to Dragonforce and Children of Bodum without a hint of irony
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7-4Eetj33c9BgKiKCQYMkw
Subscribe to my Youtube channel if you want to know the truth.

DToxico

Quote from: hemispheres on October 11, 2018, 01:07:42 PM
Quote from: DToxico on October 11, 2018, 11:38:46 AM

I knew a guy on Sputnikmusic who was like that. He listened to Dragonforce and Children of Bodum without a hint of irony

Two of the dudes I'm talking about were Dream Theater fanboys who couldn't leave the house without wearing some piece of merch from them which says a lot, and I don't even dislike Dream Theater. When one of them also feels like hijacking a music class briefly covering Nirvana/Seattle's cultural impact for a thirty-minute soliloquy about how Kurt Cobain ruined all music forever because he "single-handedly killed the virtuoso by making it so you could become successful and validated as a rock musician even if you had no idea how to play guitar" then they also start to go on my shitlist though.

Prog-nerds are just a trip in general. One of the people I'm referring to would basically fly into a rage and kick off a dozens-of-pages internet flamewar anytime he saw Pink Floyd being referred to as progressive rock, and would go into this whole thing comparing individual bits and pieces of their songs to individual bits and pieces of Yes, Genesis, and King Crimson songs to show the difference between them and 'real' progressive rock and would get really, really worked up about it and how angry it made him that that mainstream bullshit Pink Floyd (which he maintained was "psychedelic funk-rock") was always getting lumped in with his superior subgenre. It was hilarious.

(PAUL)

Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.

Captain CoryCory

I worked at a music store for about eight months and a good handful of the regulars were prog snobs or diehard Crimson fans.

There wasnt one I didnt want to punch in the face.

Then again the owner was also a brain-fried deadhead that was easily the most hateful hippie I've ever met. I've got stories of this guy to say the least. Also soured my opinion on deadheads as well.

hemispheres

Yeah, you run into people on the Rush fan forum who think music should never be more raw than Queensryche

hemispheres

On the opposite end of that, you've got the groove hounds who think odd time signatures are always pretentious. Music fans suck

hemispheres

We would actually run into this issue in the past in the band I'm in. Singer and guitarist were in camp bongwitch of sludge mountain, and the bassist/drummer (me) wanted to rewrite Voivod songs. We eventually matured

coodies

Quote from: Captain CoryCory on October 11, 2018, 03:41:31 PM
Then again the owner was also a brain-fried deadhead that was easily the most HATEFUL HIPPY I've ever met.
The Savage Hippy - I bet he was real fucking nasty!

dirtmerchant

Someone upload the other track on YouTube. I'm about to buy the cd from amrep but I want to hear it now so someone get on that ASAP.

GiveMe45

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: GiveMe45 on October 15, 2018, 11:16:15 PM
Anyone want to trade one for a Bash 17 10 inch?
Another 'affordable' version should be coming soon.
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

Captain CoryCory

Quote from: coodies on October 15, 2018, 06:21:15 PM
Quote from: Captain CoryCory on October 11, 2018, 03:41:31 PM
Then again the owner was also a brain-fried deadhead that was easily the most HATEFUL HIPPY I've ever met.
The Savage Hippy - I bet he was real fucking nasty!

He claimed to have seen The Grateful Dead over 300 times and Jerry Garcias band over 150 times. Not sure if its legit but It Tastes Better Than The Truth ;)