H.A.T.

Started by 119, September 30, 2018, 07:09:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

))))((((

Quote from: vince furnier on October 06, 2018, 11:32:09 AM
Quote from: ))))(((( on October 06, 2018, 11:18:19 AM
purple patch for the band.
British thing?
Ah, yes it does appear to be a British thing.

INFORMAL•BRITISH
a run of success or good luck.
"people expect me to score in every game now I've hit a purple patch"

black stallion

Quote from: crushr24 on October 06, 2018, 09:13:03 AM
The last great release from los Melvins.
Can we have a poll to decide this one once and for all? Looking back, that whole 1999-2004 era was a true classic, purple patch for the band.

i'll vote for ASA
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

amazonAMAZON

This sounds like the great trilogy debate all over again

The Melvins have had four essential lineups and four noteworthy periods of sustained colossal creativity.

Since 2012 we've been in a looser configuration, less defined by a sequence of albums or lineup, but informed by three great players from backgrounds that all augment the flavor. At some point we will probably pine for the good ole days when they toured clubs at affordable prices twice a year, put out an album plus every nine months, had gorgeous, accessible merchandise and a flood of one of a kind limited releases any given Sunday and performed live at the top of their game night after night.

I would probably sequence and mix some of the recent records differently, but that's really nitpicking. I feel blessed to be a fan of this band.

Dumpster D

Praise Melvins.  [-o< Amen.

black stallion

Charmicarmicat:Bastards

jonE5

The last great release from los Melvins.  Such a shame Kevin Ass had to leave, it was starting to get very interesting w/ HAT.

Quote from: black stallion on October 06, 2018, 09:21:58 AM
The last great release from los Melvins.  Such a shame Kevin Ass had to leave, it was starting to get very interesting w/ HAT.

Pigs of the roman empire after that

Quote from: black stallion on October 06, 2018, 12:48:38 PM
The last great release from los Melvins.

Can we have a poll to decide this one once and for all? Looking back, that whole 1999-2004 era was a true classic, purple patch for the band.

i'll vote for ASA

H.A.T. is truly one of my favorite albums, but I can't imagine calling it "the last GREAT release". You need to listen more.....

Pigs of the Roman Empire

(a) Senile Animal

Nude With Boots

Freak Puke

The Bulls and The Bees

...They've been on a roll for a VERY long time. Before and after the Trilogy (and The Bootlicker might be my favorite there)