The Melvins in 2019...

Started by johnnyg, November 05, 2018, 11:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dumpster D

West coast...dang...seriously you guys?

I been wanting to move to LA for a few years Just to be able to catch more shows.  :(

dead mike

Quote from: Jozzy on February 27, 2019, 09:21:20 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GUQ9B67Fxg
I'm guessing the new Dub Trio album is once again dispensing entirely with the dub part. I was really wanting them to do another one like Exploring the Dangers of.

Also, is this the first time in several decades Buzz has actually appeared in person in an official music video?
Can you all shut your damn cocks for one second? Music is the only thing that's real in this queef world of dildo ass chodes.

- hemispheres

Mount Ambulance

Quote from: dead mike on March 11, 2019, 06:00:37 PM
Also, is this the first time in several decades Buzz has actually appeared in person in an official music video?

https://youtu.be/Gz3mYeQ2fog
It was a big night out on the town for the Id and the Reptile Brain ...

like a brick wall, like a dream waiting to be!

amazonAMAZON

Impressed how quick you are. I had never even heard of this?

Was Buzz involved in that project musically? Or perhaps related through touring or Toshi and the studio...?

Dumpster D

Quote from: Mount Ambulance on March 11, 2019, 06:59:59 PM
Quote from: dead mike on March 11, 2019, 06:00:37 PM

https://youtu.be/Gz3mYeQ2fog

What! I missed this?  :lol: 8) :shock:

Mount Ambulance

Quote from: amazonAMAZON on March 11, 2019, 09:37:30 PM
Impressed how quick you are. I had never even heard of this?

Was Buzz involved in that project musically? Or perhaps related through touring or Toshi and the studio...?

I donno if he's involved musically ... I'm not really bitten by children, so I never really investigated beyond watching the video ... tho my spidey sense tells me it's just an acting gig
It was a big night out on the town for the Id and the Reptile Brain ...

like a brick wall, like a dream waiting to be!

Captain CoryCory

In regards to the Child Bite video the band asked him during the acoustic tour if they'd film a few scenes of him playing the dealer and he said "yes".

DToxico

I wonder if someone with Buzz as their dealer could just buy narcotics with street cred.

Dumpster D

Quote from: DToxico on March 13, 2019, 01:07:09 PM
I wonder if someone with Buzz as their dealer could just buy narcotics with street cred.

I thought that's what Buzz was selling in those coloured bottles...pure Street cred.  8)

Dumpster D

"What the fuck do you want me to do about it!"

8) 8) 8) 8)

I need a Trevor Dunn in my band....Hell Who doesn't?

Captain CoryCory

Freak Puke II: Hard Work is Trevor Dunn

Bigval

Quote from: ))))(((( on March 17, 2019, 02:24:11 PM
Melvins Lite for '19???

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvHucOLDYy4/

Fuckin yawn!

Freak Puke is probably the Melvins dullest album it's boring as they were on a winner with the two bass thing and just produced their best album in a long time. I liked Dunn in Mr Bungle & Fantomas but he just doesn't work in the Melvins or Tomahawk for that matter.

))))((((

Quote from: Bigval on March 17, 2019, 09:03:49 PM
Quote from: ))))(((( on March 17, 2019, 02:24:11 PM
Melvins Lite for '19???

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvHucOLDYy4/

Fuckin yawn!

Freak Puke is probably the Melvins dullest album it's boring as they were on a winner with the two bass thing and just produced their best album in a long time. I liked Dunn in Mr Bungle & Fantomas but he just doesn't work in the Melvins or Tomahawk for that matter.
Im always a little amazed when people see things in the total opposite of myself, but at the same time that's cool. I admit i would love to see more of the two bass line-up in a studio context. To see them really explore those possibilities more like the dual drummers thing was on (A)SA through to TBSM. I mean oddly, for all it's attention/focus on the line-up prior, PAT didn't really explore the dual basses AT ALL!! It all just sounded like ONE bass. Many reviews said the same and interestingly, Steve himself said he was mostly away at the time that the album was quickly written/recorded.

So yes, i'd love to see a "proper" two bass Melvins record. But i think there's plenty of room for other things too. I mean, we don't even know if Trevor's apparent involvement IS Melvins Lite. It could be 3 bassists or some other unexpected and ultimately interesting combination. For the record though - i actually think Freak Puke was pretty damn good!! A clear high point in newer Melvins releases. (minus 'Tommy Goes Berserk' of course!)

Bigval

Quote from: ))))(((( on March 17, 2019, 09:18:15 PM
Im always a little amazed when people see things in the total opposite of myself, but at the same time that's cool. I admit i would love to see more of the two bass line-up in a studio context. To see them really explore those possibilities more like the dual drummers thing was on (A)SA through to TBSM. I mean oddly, for all it's attention/focus on the line-up prior, PAT didn't really explore the dual basses AT ALL!! It all just sounded like ONE bass. Many reviews said the same and interestingly, Steve himself said he was mostly away at the time that the album was quickly written/recorded.

I disagree I can hear a lot of dual bass work on that album could be played by one guy in a studio setting but to me PAT is quite a unique Melvins listening experience. I might upset a few here with this but to me it's not an album Buzz & Dale would've ever come up with on their own.

QuoteSo yes, i'd love to see a "proper" two bass Melvins record. But i think there's plenty of room for other things too. I mean, we don't even know if Trevor's apparent involvement IS Melvins Lite. It could be 3 bassists or some other unexpected and ultimately interesting combination. For the record though - i actually think Freak Puke was pretty damn good!! A clear high point in newer Melvins releases. (minus 'Tommy Goes Berserk' of course!)

It could be sure but a pic of Dunn on an upright bass just sent a shudder through my spine. It dominates on that album too much.