Author Topic: The Melvins in 2019...  (Read 25142 times)

Offline Alex-

• descendant of shirley temple
    • View Profile
Re: The Melvins in 2019...
« Reply #180 on: April 27, 2019, 03:35:17 AM »
I wonder if we will see Trevor Dunn back playing with Melvins this year. That surely must happen at some point with the new Melvins Lite album right?

Offline Dumpster D

• MITROWSKI!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 27, 2019, 07:36:12 AM »
I wonder if we will see Trevor Dunn back playing with Melvins this year. That surely must happen at some point with the new Melvins Lite album right?

Yeah, Buzz and Dale need someone smaller than them to pick on.   :buzz:

Heavy Nipples

))))((((

« Reply #182 on: April 27, 2019, 08:04:04 AM »
I wouldn't be too eager to jump to the conclusion that seeing Dunn in the studio recently necessarily means a new Melvins Lite album. It could be something a bit like 'Basses Loaded' or '...Sausages', basically more of a rotating cast of performers or some sort of expanded line-up.

Offline jules

• MITROWSKI!!!
  • A bad mouth betrays a bad mind
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 28, 2019, 06:07:10 AM »
10 Sep - Eugene, OR - WOW Hall w/ ShitKid, Redd Kross
http://www.wowhall.org/events/melvins-red-kross-shitkid
'Anything doused in any kind of curry is great.'  -  spunkmonkey

'Life is silly. The appropriate response is laughter.' - amazonAMAZON

'Don't think I can do doublemint vinyl.' - Brooklyns Finest PoonTang

Offline black stallion

• MITROWSKI!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 28, 2019, 06:27:35 AM »
I'd still like to hear more songs from A WALK (DEATH) particularly "Black Heath" and "Flaming Creature" especially with Pinkus vs Steven.
Agreed! Best songs on that whole thing. It bewilders me that Melvins always ignore most of the songs on whatever is their latest album. Especially when those songs are as good as those two are!

i guess the reason might be those songs don't work properly in a live dimension,according to the band obviously. another killer song i think they never performed live is A Vast Filthy Prison from ASA.
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

))))((((

« Reply #185 on: April 28, 2019, 07:07:57 AM »
I'd still like to hear more songs from A WALK (DEATH) particularly "Black Heath" and "Flaming Creature" especially with Pinkus vs Steven.
Agreed! Best songs on that whole thing. It bewilders me that Melvins always ignore most of the songs on whatever is their latest album. Especially when those songs are as good as those two are!

i guess the reason might be those songs don't work properly in a live dimension,according to the band obviously. another killer song i think they never performed live is A Vast Filthy Prison from ASA.
Probably correct as regards much Melvins material. Although i still think both songs would work live. Especially 'Flaming Creature' since that is more "upbeat" or "rockin". Maybe 'Black Heath' would be more appropriate and work better if they ever go out on the road with just Trevor again.

I just went and checked about 'A Vast Filthy Prison'. For some reason i thought they had played all of (A)SA live once but seems im wrong there.

Offline blacksanta

• speaks bocce
    • View Profile
    • http://www.whitehouse.org
« Reply #186 on: April 29, 2019, 01:54:19 PM »
I'm still on the fence about getting a ticket for this Saturday.
1) Will it be substantially the same set as last July?
2) I have soured on the venue since the last time they played there in '05.
3) It's a fucking beer festival, with all of that's potential problems.
4) I see there is a September Eugene show. Will they heading back to Portland this fall?
S'pose I better make up my mind......
Also melvins is gay cuz some of their songs are just noise, i tell you this so you all don't buy albums and find out only one two songs is good on them.

Offline deatheats

• watches fox red eye
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 29, 2019, 03:22:54 PM »
2) I have soured on the venue since the last time they played there in '05.

You and me both!!
The wife and I made the trip to Seattle rather than see the Jesus Lizard at the Crystal...and it was easily worth the 3 hour drive as the Neptune is a pretty cool venue.
Unfortunately, I think I'm ducking out seeing them this go around.

Offline GiveMe45

• godfather of grunge
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 29, 2019, 08:05:11 PM »
Going to the Tacoma show so not sure about the Portland one for many (all) of the reasons above.  Well, the set list isn’t an issue because I have nothing bad to say about the last tour but a beer fest at the Crystal sounds like a not too awesome time.  I know people in a couple of the opening bands so I can probably wait until last minute to decide.....

Offline blacksanta

• speaks bocce
    • View Profile
    • http://www.whitehouse.org
« Reply #189 on: April 30, 2019, 01:37:01 PM »
Going to the Tacoma show so not sure about the Portland one for many (all) of the reasons above.  Well, the set list isn’t an issue because I have nothing bad to say about the last tour but a beer fest at the Crystal sounds like a not too awesome time.  I know people in a couple of the opening bands so I can probably wait until last minute to decide.....

My reasoning regarding the setlist is, disposable income being limited, do I want to see the same thing I saw last year (which was killer) in a shittier venue at a higher price surrounded by drunk beer brahs.....or hold out for a September gig with a new mix of awesome? Aarrgh!!!!
Also melvins is gay cuz some of their songs are just noise, i tell you this so you all don't buy albums and find out only one two songs is good on them.

))))((((

« Reply #190 on: May 01, 2019, 10:11:31 AM »
I see on Buzzo's Instagram that on the picture of ShitKid he captions it that they have recently done some recording work with the girls. Strange things afoot in Melvins land it seems!

Online vince furnier

• ♥'s Butt Drugs
  • see my only mind explode, when I've gone insane!
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 01, 2019, 10:26:32 AM »
I see on Buzzo's Instagram that on the picture of ShitKid he captions it that they have recently done some recording work with the girls. Strange things afoot in Melvins land it seems!
I've never even heard a second of their music and I look forward to that.
Welcome to my Nightmare!

"uh no, but we do know that meezer is vince furnier" - brian

Offline sadcorps

• descendant of shirley temple
  • Melvins Fan since May 16, 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 01, 2019, 04:14:35 PM »
I've never even heard a second of their music and I look forward to that.

They are like if Flipper made Garage Disco / Garage New Wave / Garage Love / Garage Doo Wop. Or something like that? I think they are amazing at what they do. One song got a lot of repeated listens from me called "You".
"Life is too short to have anything but delusional notions about yourself." - Gene Simmons

Offline DToxico

• INDEEEEEED
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 02, 2019, 12:51:32 PM »
Well, somebody just won me over.

Online ilduclo

• watches fox red eye
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 03, 2019, 02:35:16 PM »
It’s the delicious.