The Melvins in 2019...

Started by johnnyg, November 05, 2018, 11:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemispheres

I don't want to speak too soon, but it looks like I'm about to be starting a new job making a "living wage." Buzz and Dale, you now have my permission to schedule an Atlanta show :D
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7-4Eetj33c9BgKiKCQYMkw
Subscribe to my Youtube channel if you want to know the truth.

cmo23

Quote from: blacksanta on May 05, 2019, 02:20:00 PM
What was the setlist?
Tacoma: https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/melvins/2019/spanish-ballroom-at-mcmenamins-historic-elks-temple-tacoma-wa-b90957a.html

There was a song on their set sheet listed as "CHARLIE" that I couldn't figure out (new? cover?), but otherwise it was as above
(assume Portland was more or less the same)

))))((((

Quote from: cmo23 on May 06, 2019, 09:50:09 AM
There was a song on their set sheet listed as "CHARLIE" that I couldn't figure out (new? cover?)
I wondered about that one too. Surely it's not the Fantomas 'Cholo Charlie' from the Millennium Monsterwork record??

black stallion

interesting they added the Pussy Galore cover
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

John Schuller

Quote from: cmo23 on May 06, 2019, 09:50:09 AM
Quote from: blacksanta on May 05, 2019, 02:20:00 PM
What was the setlist?
Tacoma: https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/melvins/2019/spanish-ballroom-at-mcmenamins-historic-elks-temple-tacoma-wa-b90957a.html

There was a song on their set sheet listed as "CHARLIE" that I couldn't figure out (new? cover?), but otherwise it was as above
(assume Portland was more or less the same)

Charlie would be a Redd Kross cover (from the album Born Innocent).

Dumpster D

Quote from: black stallion on May 06, 2019, 11:07:38 AM
interesting they added the Pussy Galore cover

I'm Sure there's gonna be a Melvins Jon spencer collab.  :love:

Peebot

That Tacoma show was incredible. Best set I've seen them do in a few years now, incredible energy, unhinged and the setlist was relentless. That new opening salvo of Hooch/Honey Bucket/The Bit is relentless, and Your Blessened continues to be a major standout these days. And The Bloated Pope. And Civilized Worm. And Evil New War God. And A Growing Disgust...sheesh!! If this setlist holds for the upcoming tour overseas you Eurofreaks are STOKED!

Plus having Helms Alee first close their set with fucking At the Stake (a very bold and VERY successful move) and then come back out for the Night Goat mega closer was just ridiculous. Openers Holy Grove really impressed me too, in a Sabbath meets early Heart kind of way. heavy.

That venue is outstanding, I'd go see shows there any time. Crazy labyrinth of a place but the sound was outstanding and the room has great vibe. Hope I can stay in the hotel on site if they play there again.

DToxico

Quote from: Peebot on May 08, 2019, 03:39:16 PM
That Tacoma show was incredible. Best set I've seen them do in a few years now, incredible energy, unhinged and the setlist was relentless. That new opening salvo of Hooch/Honey Bucket/The Bit is relentless, and Your Blessened continues to be a major standout these days. And The Bloated Pope. And Civilized Worm. And Evil New War God. And A Growing Disgust...sheesh!! If this setlist holds for the upcoming tour overseas you Eurofreaks are STOKED!

Plus having Helms Alee first close their set with fucking At the Stake (a very bold and VERY successful move) and then come back out for the Night Goat mega closer was just ridiculous. Openers Holy Grove really impressed me too, in a Sabbath meets early Heart kind of way. heavy.

That venue is outstanding, I'd go see shows there any time. Crazy labyrinth of a place but the sound was outstanding and the room has great vibe. Hope I can stay in the hotel on site if they play there again.

Sounds even better than the show I got to see. Too bad Boston is the closest they've come to me for the past few go-rounds; every show I've seen or tried to see there has been such a colossal pain-in-the-ass as far as parking and crowds and expense and obnoxious drunks that I've pretty much sworn off it. The crowd here in Providence wasn't super-receptive to them though and it seemed like most folks were just there for Helms Alee (Dale even commented on the crowd's lack of energy during most of the Melvins set) so sadly I would not be surprised if they didn't come back here anytime soon.

vince furnier

the tour with Helms Alee in the summer of 16 was when they played every place they could that wasn't  huge city. I drove 2 hours north to Flagstaff to see them there. the club owner was ecstatic that they would plan a tour like that. I think the overall enthusiasm was good and they'll do it again (remember that was right after the yuge Imperial Death March tour).
Welcome to my Nightmare!
inbox is currently 82% full. TEAMWORK MAKES THE DREAM WORK!
"uh no, but we do know that meezer is vince furnier" - brian

amazonAMAZON

Really hoping for a proper live release from this lineup. Has there been a live recording since Third Man? That was six years ago already if I'm counting correctly.

That House of Strombo is great, and they did release Jam in the Van and Rebel Girl, but I want a whole show with Pinkus and Steven mastered for CD.

Jozzy

So when are the US tour dates going to be announced? I'm getting antsy that I may not get my yearly fix  :( :x

vince furnier

Quote from: Jozzy on May 10, 2019, 11:24:53 AM
So when are the US tour dates going to be announced? I'm getting antsy that I may not get my yearly fix  :( :x
there have been some questions about this in the fb groups. a Boston date at the Paradise was announced, some bought tix, now the event page is down. seems like things got a little rushed but I bet they'll straighten it out.
Welcome to my Nightmare!
inbox is currently 82% full. TEAMWORK MAKES THE DREAM WORK!
"uh no, but we do know that meezer is vince furnier" - brian

Dumpster D

Quote from: vince furnier on May 10, 2019, 11:28:03 AM
Quote from: Jozzy on May 10, 2019, 11:24:53 AM
So when are the US tour dates going to be announced so I can give my buddie Dumpster D a free Ticket and a Ride to the show? I'm getting antsy in my pant that I may not get my yearly hearing loss...of awesome gig posters and overpriced beer and hopefully spit, sweat, puke and piss!   :( :x
there have been some questions about this in the fb groups. a Boston date at the Paradise was announced, some bought all the tix and plan on flipping them at three times the price online wherein you'll deal over the phone for days and weeks with some intermediary call centre type giant scam company way the fuck out in West Virginia who isn't going to release the tickets to you until the last minute and didn't even tell you...don't let it bring you down. seems like things got a little crooked but I bet they'll straighten it out. Just get tickets early ya doofus.

FIIIIIIIIXED!!!!

jules

07 Oct - Syracuse, NY - Westcott Theater
08 Oct - Boston, MA - Paradise Rock Club
19 Oct - Birmingham, AL - Saturn
05 Nov - Las Vegas, NV - Bunkhouse Saloon

bUTTHOLEmAN

10 Sep - Eugene, OR - WOW Hall
28 Sep - Louisville, KY - Highland Festival Grounds
07 Oct - Syracuse, NY - Westcott Theater
08 Oct - Boston, MA - Paradise Rock Club
19 Oct - Birmingham, AL - Saturn
05 Nov - Las Vegas, NV - Bunkhouse Saloon
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus