The Melvins in 2019...

Started by johnnyg, November 05, 2018, 11:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blacksanta

Got my Doug Fir tickets. I've only been to one show there, Low, and it was amazeballz. Incredible sound and the space looks really cool, kind of like a "Twin Peaks Black Lodge meets Spaceship" kinda vibe. Smallest venue I'll have seen them in. Holds 300 (The Hawthorne, where they played in 2012 and 2017 holds 500).
Also melvins is gay cuz some of their songs are just noise, i tell you this so you all don't buy albums and find out only one two songs is good on them.

glen

A DC...  vinnie cavallo... AND a black santa siting all in one day.   :shock: :shock:

"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

deatheats

Quote from: glen on May 17, 2019, 02:03:35 PM
A DC...  vinnie cavallo... AND a black santa siting all in one day.   :shock: :shock:

This tour is going to be spectacular, even the old-schoolers know it  :lol:

deatheats

Quote from: blacksanta on May 17, 2019, 01:16:25 PM
Got my Doug Fir tickets. I've only been to one show there, Low, and it was amazeballz. Incredible sound and the space looks really cool, kind of like a "Twin Peaks Black Lodge meets Spaceship" kinda vibe. Smallest venue I'll have seen them in. Holds 300 (The Hawthorne, where they played in 2012 and 2017 holds 500).

Now I don't feel so bad for missing the Crystal Ballroom gig...

von grip

Secured my DF LOUNGE ticket yesterday via the presale - I knew it wouldn't take long for the tix to sell out today- (honestly thought they'd be gone faster)
def 1 of my top venues in Portland (love the intimacy and vibe) seeing the Melvins there should be no exception; saw big business there, circa 08, when they toured for 'here come the waterworks'
"im ol' south!"

von grip

Quote from: deatheats on May 17, 2019, 03:59:30 PM
Quote from: glen on May 17, 2019, 02:03:35 PM

This tour is going to be spectacular, even the old-schoolers know it  :lol:

👆U said it
"im ol' south!"

blacksanta

Quote from: deatheats on May 17, 2019, 04:00:23 PM
Quote from: blacksanta on May 17, 2019, 01:16:25 PM

Now I don't feel so bad for missing the Crystal Ballroom gig...

#metoo
Also melvins is gay cuz some of their songs are just noise, i tell you this so you all don't buy albums and find out only one two songs is good on them.

Dumpster D

Seeing the melvins this year!  :D :D :D

Vcavallo

got Boston tickets. excite.

anyone have a rough idea of what they'll be playing? i'm a bit out of the loop on recent material
Vinney "only takes 15 years to make good on his promises" Cavallo

vince furnier

Quote from: Vcavallo on May 21, 2019, 07:28:12 AM
got Boston tickets. excite.

anyone have a rough idea of what they'll be playing? i'm a bit out of the loop on recent material
here's a good gauge of what you'll get. they switched up some things in the set list on the mini tour a couple of weeks ago too.
https://youtu.be/WvSVXrkSfr4
Welcome to my Nightmare!
inbox is currently 82% full. TEAMWORK MAKES THE DREAM WORK!
"uh no, but we do know that meezer is vince furnier" - brian

glen

it's been a diverse set list the last few years.  a couple new songs, a cover or two,  a couple classics, one or two off Houdini,  one or two off the Biz era.  BUT!!!! a big fat hole from the Kev era.     :(
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

))))((((

Quote from: glen on May 21, 2019, 07:57:57 AM
a big fat hole from the Kev era.
The time when they put out their best, most awesome material too!!!

Vcavallo

it's been a diverse set list the last few years.  a couple new songs, a cover or two,  a couple classics, one or two off Houdini,  one or two off the Biz era.  BUT!!!! a big fat hole from the Kev era.     :(

I still haven't missed a year of Melvins live since day one on this message board. But I haven't really kept up with their recordings for a couple. So I guess you're saying this tour is likely to be similar to the previous tours - makes sense.

Quote from: ))))(((( on May 21, 2019, 09:50:49 AM
a big fat hole from the Kev era.
The time when they put out their best, most awesome material too!!!

I totally agree. Kevin era was my favorite era. Aside from the early days.
Vinney "only takes 15 years to make good on his promises" Cavallo

amazonAMAZON

Think they've at least recently played "The Bloated Pope" which technically is a Kevin years song, and "Let It All Be." But hey, I'd love some HAT stuff especially.

von grip

I snagged a DOUG FIR ticket, but since the general on sale went so fast, I'm  wondering if they are gonna add a second night??? 🤔
"im ol' south!"