The Melvins in 2019...

Started by johnnyg, November 05, 2018, 11:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

))))((((

Quote from: linoleum blownapart on July 02, 2019, 11:46:15 AM
Maybe it's a visa problem, or master card, amex, discovery?
I see Buzz has "liked" their post about this on Insta so i guess it wasn't him who wanted them gone. Probably...

amazonAMAZON

Honestly hate to admit it but I wouldn't be surprised if the upcoming US tour is too dependent on Dale's recovery. They might be trying to reduce any liability in case it does get canceled or reduced. Just speculating.

Bigval

I know some smaller bands who don't have the connections can struggle to get touring visa's for the US. The legendary Japanese metal band Loudness were notorious for announcing US tours and then cancelling them at the 11th hour because there were always problems with them getting visas.

Shitkid is two chicks isn't it? Maybe one of the chicks has a criminal record back home that can hinder getting visas?

Colonel Cheese

RE: I finally got around to listening to the Shitkid album, whichever one is on Amazon prime music. It's got a yellow cover, maybe. I didn't dislike it. Seems like some lofi college dorm type stuff for the most part.

yea, i listened to that one as well, also didn't hate it. noise folk is what i called it.
im trying to bridge the gap between my love of noisy stuff and my wife's folky tastes with Shitkid

cmo23

Quote from: Bigval on July 03, 2019, 12:15:22 AM
I know some smaller bands who don't have the connections can struggle to get touring visa's for the US. The legendary Japanese metal band Loudness were notorious for announcing US tours and then cancelling them at the 11th hour because there were always problems with them getting visas.

Shitkid is two chicks isn't it? Maybe one of the chicks has a criminal record back home that can hinder getting visas?
they were here a few months back, tho - stayed with pinkus in austin for sxsw and with (?) buzz in LA to record.
he posted a few pics of them in LA on his instagram.  they also (iirc) opened a few shows for dale around that
time.  maybe a full two-month long tour is a diff story as far as visas/permits go.

ilduclo

They're offering refunds due to Shitkid being off the bill! Should have a surcharge instead!

:buzz:

jules

Nov. 7 Long Beach, CA Alex's Bar
Nov. 8 Los Angeles, CA The Echo

))))((((

Another planned 10"??? 'Disney Black Ops Tortureland'???

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0g2Qg5ps7G/

Mount Ambulance

Merlin got his shit is all caught up at G-Bay
It was a big night out on the town for the Id and the Reptile Brain ...

like a brick wall, like a dream waiting to be!

GiveMe45

Quote from: ilduclo on July 04, 2019, 07:43:27 AM
They're offering refunds due to Shitkid being off the bill! Should have a surcharge instead!

:buzz:
I actually really wanted to see Shitkid but if I'm driving down to Tiny Town on a work night then I'm fine with it being a quick two band set.

Dumpster D

Shitkids...What is a shitkid exactly? I think I've met a few around town.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OFMWAGG_xY

))))((((

So... almost half way through September now, i guess it doesn't look like any new Melvins album is going to be coming out this year after all. Unfortunately. With any other band i would expect that, but with Melvins im actually quite surprised.

(the) Razor

Don't click this

black stallion

Charmicarmicat:Bastards

))))((((

I listened to a recent Buzz interview yesterday where he said he has 700-800 songs half written at home!!! I guess that is more "ideas" or parts of a song. But still, that's a lot of material.