Bluewhale - Buzz & Kevin 7"

Started by ))))((((, November 21, 2018, 09:32:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dumpster D

Idlehanz

Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on November 22, 2018, 08:25:32 PM
I don't think it was a matter of grudges, but it's good to see Kevin playing with Buzz.

I don't think it was a grudge either. It was watching a bandmate and friend spiral downward and not being able to do anything about it except kick him out of the band. Kevin is back and doing well.  I'm thrilled. Can't wait to hear this.

(the) Razor

Kevin's like pretty much the greatest bass player in the past, present and future of mankind and all variants thereafter. Just as an understatement though.
/Fanboy mode off.
Don't click this

Alex-

Now this is really exciting, looking forward to it. Of course we all hope to see Kevin back in Melvins at some point.

Dumpster D

When I think of Kevin, I think of hostile Ambient takeover.

At the time, It really felt like the point in the bands career where they somehow started to become accepted into the fine arts community in some ways...Which for musicians is virtually IMPOSSIBLE!!!

You're like Captain beefheart where the choice has to be made whether you want to be one thing or the other...artist or musician.

The Melvins seamlessly have managed to simultaneously walk the line in both worlds, which really stands as a testament to their greatness.

Dumpster D

Get me one for christmas...I kiss you under the mistletoe...long time.  :P :P :P

johnnyg

Honestly, at $65 after shipping to US, I just couldn't do it. There have just been too many cool records for me this year. Kudos to those that get one, though

Snivlemdotcom

There will be a few copies of this 7"/book set available on the California/AZ/NV tour in January.

Oscar

meezer

"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

Snivlemdotcom

amazonAMAZON

Just got my shipment from Rockishell. Package is great. One 45rpm record in white sleeve with white label housed next to the glossy NSFW art book in sort of a wrap-around book cover that goes vertically. I don't collect art books so I don't know if this is common.

I have not heard the record yet, but there is a bandcamp download card included (mp3/flac/wav options). Looks like Bluewhale has one track of 4 1/2 minutes "Suicide", and Void Manes has one track of about 4 minutes, "Mercury Vapor."