Honky vinyl re-release

Started by jules, December 14, 2018, 11:16:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dumpster D

Quote from: buddy holiday on January 26, 2019, 02:08:38 AM
the A-side label of the original indicates that 'air breather' is splitted. all songs are anyways listed on the A-side label only.
:nerd:

Man, I gotta go check again, are you talking about the back cover?

buddy holiday

Quote from: Dumpster D on January 27, 2019, 01:34:56 AM
the A-side label of the original indicates that 'air breather' is splitted. all songs are anyways listed on the A-side label only.

no the actual labels of the vinyl. it is

air breather...

....deep in the...

jules

Quote from: buddy holiday on January 27, 2019, 02:37:12 AM
Quote from: Dumpster D on January 27, 2019, 01:34:56 AM

no the actual labels of the vinyl. it is

air breather...

....deep in the...

GrimReaper

buddy holiday

the label is probably my very personal interpretation of the splitted "air breather"...
regardless hole... there would have been enough space to put it on one line.
further the hole is crucial to flip the record and hence splitting a track  :lol:

it seems though as the new pressing has it full on side b and "laughing with..." and "how..." on side a, which of course ruins everything.

jules

Quote from: vince furnier on January 20, 2019, 12:48:58 PM
how soon?  :o
HAZE:
Here's the scoop on Melvins Honky reissue. This Sunday at noon (Feb. 3) we'll cut loose with the first of the fancy silk screened edition ('white on white' Edition of 200) and a small batch of numbered sets. The following Sunday we'll be releasing the other 3 editions.
Cheapie CD version will get cut loose this Sunday as well! There will be a more affordable factory sleeve edition in 4-8 weeks so if that's your cuppa just skip these editions.

Dumpster D

Thanks Jules, Looks like 6-8 Weeks for me in that case.  :(

Keep me posted how the Pressing sounds though whoever gets one of the fancy ones.  8)

Garnz

Quote from: jules on January 30, 2019, 12:56:12 PM
Quote from: vince furnier on January 20, 2019, 12:48:58 PM
how soon?  :o
HAZE:
Here's the scoop on Melvins Honky reissue. This Sunday at noon (Feb. 3) we'll cut loose with the first of the fancy silk screened edition ('white on white' Edition of 200) and a small batch of numbered sets. The following Sunday we'll be releasing the other 3 editions.
Cheapie CD version will get cut loose this Sunday as well! There will be a more affordable factory sleeve edition in 4-8 weeks so if that's your cuppa just skip these editions.

Thanks Jules, we will have to set our alarm clocks ;-)

buddy holiday

all versions came out great. I also like the factory edition (same as the CD), it's the closest to the original.
the art editions are really tempting!

also all including a (for melvins almost mandatory) typo... mobius instead of mombius. or was it wrong on the original?

Captain CoryCory

Quote from: buddy holiday on January 31, 2019, 05:49:51 AM
all versions came out great. I also like the factory edition (same as the CD), it's the closest to the original.
the art editions are really tempting!

also all including a (for melvins almost mandatory) typo... mobius instead of mombius. or was it wrong on the original?

Now you got me thinking HAZE is spelling shit wrong on purpose.  :lol:

amazonAMAZON

Mobius Hibachi actually conjures a fascinating image... a single surfaced miniature barbecue grill. I'll take it as an improvement, whether typo or not. It goes along with the carnivore references from this record and Stag.

GiveMe45

Is that noon Central time zone?

GiveMe45

GiveMe45

Haha!  eBay is silly as usual....

Captain CoryCory

Quote from: GiveMe45 on February 07, 2019, 11:40:44 PM
Haha!  eBay is silly as usual....

People trying to sell a copy before its even on sale or just ordered it?

I know Rise Above had a policy for a time that if people tried that shit they'd refund the order and ban the IP/user outright.