Honky vinyl re-release

Started by jules, December 14, 2018, 11:16:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garnz

Quote from: Captain CoryCory on February 08, 2019, 08:17:44 AM
Quote from: GiveMe45 on February 07, 2019, 11:40:44 PM
Haha!  eBay is silly as usual....

People trying to sell a copy before its even on sale or just ordered it?

I know Rise Above had a policy for a time that if people tried that shit they'd refund the order and ban the IP/user outright.

I wish them that the covers arrive with bent corners and they have to refund some of the money! It is weird that people sell stuff they do not hold in their hands.

vince furnier

Quote from: Garnz on February 08, 2019, 08:39:49 AM
Quote from: Captain CoryCory on February 08, 2019, 08:17:44 AM
Quote from: GiveMe45 on February 07, 2019, 11:40:44 PM
Haha!  eBay is silly as usual....

People trying to sell a copy before its even on sale or just ordered it?

I know Rise Above had a policy for a time that if people tried that shit they'd refund the order and ban the IP/user outright.

I wish them that the covers arrive with bent corners and they have to refund some of the money! It is weird that people sell stuff they do not hold in their hands.

the band has that policy. I think everything that gets pointed out here goes up the chain and they get what's coming to them.
Welcome to my Nightmare!

Israeli billionaire dies during penis enlargement surgery

Godflesh

Got the pink version + CD at least. All others sold out when I tried to open PayPal.
--- Heavy user ---

meezer

I stocked up on Mark D stuff and several copies of the cheapy CDs this week. I'm all in on the factory repress next week. I hope HAT is next.   [-o<
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

Jozzy

Had one in my cart and then it disappeared at checkout :x. How does that even happen :? Does anyone have any idea how many pressings of the regular edition there will be? I really want this album on vinyl.

give up

Quote from: meezer on February 10, 2019, 01:46:48 PM
I stocked up on Mark D stuff and several copies of the cheapy CDs this week. I'm all in on the factory repress next week. I hope HAT is next.   [-o<

HAT is ipecac. :P

meezer

Quote from: give up on February 11, 2019, 12:35:43 PM

So nothing has ever been released on both?

"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

PepsiMike

Quote from: meezer on February 11, 2019, 03:49:03 PM
Quote from: give up on February 11, 2019, 12:35:43 PM

So nothing has ever been released on both?

=D>
See.. Atlantic, boner, etc.. re issues.

give up

Chief Ten Beers

Quote from: give up on February 11, 2019, 04:56:27 PM
IPECAC dont play that  :lol:

Not true. "This Machine Kills Artists" was released on 10" vinyl via AmRep first, then standard 12" release through Ipecac, and wasn't PAT the same deal? I doubt Ipecac says Melvins can't touch that album and have AmRep reissue a totally different version.

I just dusted off the H.A.T. 45s the other week, and they've been in rotation. I too would love to see a standard 12" double gatefold deluxe version of H.A.T. Probably could do the album in order as sides 1-2-3, and throw the covers on side 4. If anything had to be chopped off, make it the Foaming fast version. Not sure what they were thinking with that. Interesting, but the least essential b-side of the bunch.

John Schuller

Melvins can do pretty much whatever they want. If they want to release an Ipecac record on AmRep they can (they have in the past and I am sure they will in the future).

meezer

Just because you sell this shit on eBay don't mean you know WTF you're talking about,
PINKY
:lol:

jonE5

Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on February 11, 2019, 05:57:16 PM
Quote from: give up on February 11, 2019, 04:56:27 PM
IPECAC dont play that  :lol:

Not true. "This Machine Kills Artists" was released on 10" vinyl via AmRep first, then standard 12" release through Ipecac, and wasn't PAT the same deal? I doubt Ipecac says Melvins can't touch that album and have AmRep reissue a totally different version.

I just dusted off the H.A.T. 45s the other week, and they've been in rotation. I too would love to see a standard 12" double gatefold deluxe version of H.A.T. Probably could do the album in order as sides 1-2-3, and throw the covers on side 4. If anything had to be chopped off, make it the Foaming fast version. Not sure what they were thinking with that. Interesting, but the least essential b-side of the bunch.

Couldn't agree more. H.A.T. would be #1 for me as far as in need of a deluxe vinyl reissue.

Then "The Bootlicker" because I never grabbed the Trilogy on vinyl and it now costs a small fortune..

blewis

Just received the CD reissue and it definitely comes with the 25 minutes of silence after Freaktose even though the ShoxOP website says it doesn't. What gives? Killer song but I don't need all that silence.  :(
The one and only....

moose

Maybe just copy/pasted from the vinyl description...
Well, we'll always have "In the Air Tonight." Will that be your most enduring song?
You know, that song won't lie down. It just won't go away. I mean, there's a Mike Tyson moment associated with it now. It's just bizarre. I guess it has a bit of mystery, a lot of atmosphere, and the drums coming in, pinning people to the wall.