Sieg Howdy re-released

Started by jules, January 18, 2019, 01:23:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jules

black stallion

Charmicarmicat:Bastards

Dumpster D

I *had* the Colossus of Destiny, that's one I regret not having anymore...duno what happened to it...lost in the moving around and whatnot.

That is one of the greatest live albums of all time of any band any genre.  8)

))))((((

Quote from: Dumpster D on January 20, 2019, 07:24:27 PM
I *had* the Colossus of Destiny, that's one I regret not having anymore...duno what happened to it...lost in the moving around and whatnot.
Over the years, i've brought and sold that album 3 damn times!! Now i've accepted that i actually quite like that record. Despite the fact i rarely ever listen to it. I guess i respect the intention and i won't be getting rid of my current copy.

Dumpster D

Quote from: ))))(((( on January 20, 2019, 07:46:05 PM
Quote from: Dumpster D on January 20, 2019, 07:24:27 PM
Over the years, i've brought and sold that album 3 damn times!! Now i've accepted that i actually quite like that record. Despite the fact i rarely ever listen to it. I guess i respect the intention and i won't be getting rid of my current copy.

MY favourite things about it are:

My band mate was getting into some of my favourite bands like Mr. Bungle and Fantomas back around 2000 when that album was new in stores..he went and bought COD without checking it out first and didn't like it and maybe gave it to me at that point...his reaction to it was the exact response that I'm sure the band would be expecting and it was beautiful you should have seen his face when he came into class with that album and puts it down on the desk with his shit...like he Just didn't get it then and never will.  :D

:lol: ...he did really love Fantomas and got right into the Live Melvins Fantomas Big band CD big time at least...he really thought that stuff was so great...he was getting me into stuff like Supersuckers or Dead kennedys..i got a Helmet Cassette in an old music store in his town when we stopped in to the music store to Rent Drums and mics and a board etc.

I think I was totally following the HAT singles I remember picking some of those up as they came out. and I had a couple melvins CDs at that point like GPT OZMA and stoner witch and Live at the fucker club, and the Singles 1-12 was something I'd wanted and got...by then I think it was on to the Trilogy as it was coming out etc..

I duno, I was into shit like Slayer back then Cannibal corpse sounding shit, we swapped a lot of the time so we both kinda had the Mudhoney double CD for awhile in school..etc.

And I took his Black Flag Cassette "The first four years" ..it was his older sisters tape.

He always had a piece of shit stereo. you know your friend like that? the one who puts his bong and weed pile down on all his albums and doesn't really take pride or seriousness in maintaining his music collection so it falls aparts as it's coming together kinda...Like throws all his shit into the truck and leaves it in a heaping mess so all his booklets and Discs and tapes are all fucked.

jules

Alternative Tentacles have a sale on. 30% off music items, for one week only - CDs, LPs, Singles.....

Sieg Howdy LP + 7" is now $17.50 plus shipping, the CD is $6.30....

DToxico

Oh nice. Back when I got into the band, the Jelvins albums were pretty new, and despite being a Dead Kennedys/LARD fanboy by then, I just wasn't feeling those two records. Over time they've really grown on me though, especially Sieg Howdy. Revisiting it after I saw the band live in 2016 (because they did "Halo of Flies" and I almost fucking cried as a lifelong Alice Cooper fanboy) gave me a whole new outlook on that record

black stallion

got my copy in the mail today, thanks thanks jules. you're the man as always!! my jelvins collection is now complete  8)
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

jules

Sieg Howdy and Never Breathe CDs only $1.00 each for a limited time from Alternative Tentacles mail order.

https://alternativetentacles.com/product/sieg-howdy/

All single CDs are $1.00 for a week.

(PAUL)

Thanks for the heads up jules! I already have the Jelvins stuff but picked up some other great stuff for cheap.
Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.

Mount Ambulance

yeah thanx Jules ... scoped out 10 ... but it'll probably turn into 20 by the time I check out!
It was a big night out on the town for the Id and the Reptile Brain ...

like a brick wall, like a dream waiting to be!