New supergroup in the works?

Started by Tobias, February 28, 2019, 08:50:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tobias

Have you ever only eaten what's alive?

Stonergrunge

:lol: considering the vast amount of users here that hate PJ and FF, I shall say "the shitstorm is going to be fucking epic".
cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love.
Foot fetishism means love, because, it's the magic of feet odor... Long live depravation.

Captain CoryCory

vince furnier

not as enthusiastic about this as Crystal Fairy or other things, but sure, let's hear it.  :D
Welcome to my Nightmare!

Israeli billionaire dies during penis enlargement surgery

(PAUL)

Matt Cameron posted a pic on Instagram of him playing with Dale in what looks like a practice space.
Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.

Dumpster D

hey it's probably going to be great! Do you think this came about recently like after the Soundgarden Tribute show thing the band members were talking about it backstage?

Chief Ten Beers

I don't get it. :? So it's both Buzz/Dale along w/ Hawkins & Cameron? 3 drummers & a guitarist/vocalist, or is Hawkins gonna play bass? I don't have any expectations for this. I know Buzz is like this father figure/big brother for these dudes, and he's always into new musical situations incase Melvins on it's own dries up, but WTF?
Not sure why would Buzz and/or Dale waste their time with this. Cameron is a decent drummer that has always been right place/right time. Hawkins whatever, dude went from Alanis Morisette to Foo Fighters. Is Buzz just gonna put riffs/lyrics that aren't quite up to par for Melvins into this group?

Bigval

Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on March 01, 2019, 05:38:14 PM
Not sure why would Buzz and/or Dale waste their time with this.

Much like the reason they 'wasted their time' with Crystal Fairy it's for the potential pay off.

A band with Taylor Hawkins & Matt Cameron in it would command a lot more money from promoters than the Melvins would.

black stallion

looks like melvins have been a bit quiet lately, no rumours about new albums in the works, as usually happens when they are not touring. probably they are concentrating on something else
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

))))((((

I'd say there is still a good chance of new Melvins material this year. As regards this project, im not so excited but we'll see.

black stallion

Quote from: ))))(((( on March 02, 2019, 06:09:29 AM
As regards this project, im not so excited but we'll see.

same here. to be honest i had very low expectations about the Crystal Fairy album as well but it ended being a surprise for me...with Buzz on vocals instead of Teri it would have been really good
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

give up

anyhing with a foo fighter member has to be good.    :lol: 

BERZERKER

That FF-drummer is the most slappable in that group, but everything Buzz touches is very often gold and he gives a flying fuck in what us fanboys means he should do and who he shall contribute with and that's in fact why we love Buzz and Melvins I guess.

John Schuller

I am looking forward to whatever these guys come up with. More music made by Buzz and Dale can only make the world a better place!

crushr24

If this collaboration produces more Buzz vs Dave stories, then I'm all for it!

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money
trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and
pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.
There's also a negative side."

― Hunter S. Thompson