New supergroup in the works?

Started by Tobias, February 28, 2019, 08:50:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheSwingSet

Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on March 01, 2019, 05:38:14 PM
I don't get it. :Cameron is a decent drummer

Not that I'm sold on this but i have to argue Cameron is a pretty talented musician and much more than a decent drummer...the early wellwater conspiracy stuff was good
"SwingSet you look like a bunch of guys I know in Ireland.  It's a particular  look I can't describe.  A sort of don't fuck with me or I'll kill you look.
I mean all this in the nicest possible way of course"
--conj

Dumpster D

No one here even has an idea of how this will turn out, hopefully it will be excellent music, not as much of a publicity stunt.

Something like this should have already happened 20 years ago even, but people were too scared to approach the Melvins fearing it would be detrimental to their careers presumably...Something like that...it's all about money.

Melvins couldn't get a slice of pie before it was gone, now guess what? They're running the fuckin' bakery!

Chief Ten Beers

Quote from: TheSwingSet on March 04, 2019, 10:28:47 AM
Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on March 01, 2019, 05:38:14 PM
I don't get it. :Cameron is a decent drummer

Not that I'm sold on this but i have to argue Cameron is a pretty talented musician and much more than a decent drummer...the early wellwater conspiracy stuff was good

My bad :oops:. I was thinking of the other guy that drummed w/ Pearl Jam, Jack Irons. Soundgarden's drummer was always the VIP of that band. I was a casual Soundgarden fan, lost interest after Superunknown.
I'm sure this will be decent, we could all be pleasantly surprised. I know nothing about Hawkins, other than the two high-profile artists he's drummed for. He might be the coolest fucking guy in the world to hang out & jam with, but he always came off as a surfer-bro Spicoli type to me.

The big question about all this is: who plays what? Is Dale retiring from drums to play bass, or will Hawkins play bass and we get a new Crover/Cameron dual-drum lineup. Will they play all new material, or rework Melvins classics or both? Questions, questions...

))))((((

So many questions!

Personally i hope whatever this is, that it still falls under the Melvins moniker. I don't want to see another "side" project. I wonder whether part of doing this may be because the Crystal Fairy thing didn't work out too. That they just really want to do a side band.

vince furnier

it could be completely from outta left field. Grohl did the Probot project. it's possible.  :anonymous:
Welcome to my Nightmare!
inbox is currently 82% full. TEAMWORK MAKES THE DREAM WORK!
"uh no, but we do know that meezer is vince furnier" - brian

PepsiMike

This is just an elaborate ruse for buzz to get in contact with grohl.

DToxico

Quote from: vince furnier on March 06, 2019, 06:31:30 PM
it could be completely from outta left field. Grohl did the Probot project. it's possible.  :anonymous:

Not to mention Killing Joke. That pretty much redeems him for Foo Fighters in my eyes.

vince furnier

Crystal Fairy threads here and on fb were about ten times as much posts and enthusiasm. been a week and a half. seems pretty subdued.
Welcome to my Nightmare!

(PAUL)

Quote from: vince furnier on March 08, 2019, 10:06:12 AM
Crystal Fairy threads here and on fb were about ten times as much posts and enthusiasm. been a week and a half. seems pretty subdued.
Well you gotta look at the audience too. I'm guessing you aren't in the Pearl Jam and Soundgarden groups on FB to gauge their interest. Plus Crystal Fairy had more interaction by the members as far as interviews and whatnot. PLUS I'm guessing it's super early into whatever this thing is, if it's a group or if they're just going to get together and record a song or two or what.
Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.

Dumpster D

Quote from: PepsiMike on March 06, 2019, 07:05:09 PM
This is just an elaborate ruse for buzz to get in contact with grohl.

In a way I hope that all goes over like water under the fridge between those two, I don't think all the money in the world is going to fix that though...it would take some kind of miracle.

I have friends like that who don't talk to me or want to deal with me, even though I was close enough to them to be at their wedding...it's sad but sometimes people just want to cut themselves loose and drift apart from you and hope you pick up the vibe, and there's Nothing you can do but take the hint and fuck off.

I think we can all relate.

I don't know him personally, but I think Buzz isn't someone you want to piss off...I will say that much.  :buzz:

vince furnier

Welcome to my Nightmare!

deatheats

Reminds me of the Broken Bat project with Ty Segall, Dale & Steven (just before Steven officially joined the Melvins).
If I had to guess Buzz put the kaibosh on that real quick  :lol:

johnnyg

Quote from: deatheats on January 16, 2020, 12:07:57 PM
Reminds me of the Broken Bat project with Ty Segall, Dale & Steven (just before Steven officially joined the Melvins).
If I had to guess Buzz put the kaibosh on that real quick  :lol:

I don't think it was Buzz. I seem to remember a Dale or Steven interview where they essentially said "Ty lost interest." I could be wrong.

deatheats

Ty Segall and Lightning Bolt's Brian Chippendale have formed a new duo known as Wasted Shirt. Ty plays guitar, bass and sings; Brian plays drums. Their debut album, Fungus II, will be out February 28 via Famous Class

| http://www.brooklynvegan.com/ty-segall-brian-chippendale-lightning-bolt-form-wasted-shirt-share-track-from-debut-lp/?trackback=tsmclip

https://youtu.be/H-Ek1alZh8Y

vince furnier

Quote from: deatheats on January 17, 2020, 11:46:41 AM
Ty Segall and Lightning Bolt's Brian Chippendale have formed a new duo known as Wasted Shirt. Ty plays guitar, bass and sings; Brian plays drums. Their debut album, Fungus II, will be out February 28 via Famous Class

they shoulda called it The Workaholics.  :lol:
Welcome to my Nightmare!