Author Topic: Flipper + Melvins split  (Read 12018 times)

Offline bUTTHOLEmAN

• Global Moderator
  • MITROWSKI!!!
  • Hang Ten Brah
    • View Profile
Flipper + Melvins split
« on: April 02, 2019, 06:35:51 PM »
Coming in a few months. Possible Melvins/Flipper tour in the Fall?
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

))))((((

Re: Flipper + Melvins split
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2019, 05:42:53 AM »
Any idea what is on this release at all? New material i hope!! Whenever i see Haze is working on some new prints, it always gets me wondering what Melvins could currently be brewing up.

Offline buddy holiday

• Has a copy of the vinney/buzzo interview
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2019, 06:21:15 AM »
nice!

i hope too for new stuff, or even a collab, ideally on a 7". though 10" are also always nice.
but for the melvins side it could also be a reissue of the flipper covers... at least way of the world from the 12 x 7" series on amrep.

Offline DToxico

• INDEEEEEED
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2019, 06:57:18 AM »
Flipper just recruited David Yow for a west coast mini-tour so I could definitely see this happening. Was bummed because a cross-country trip for a show is out-of-the-question so I'm especially hoping for a Melvins/Flipper tour if it brings them closer to my neck of the woods.

In any case I hope the split has new material. Or if it's reissued old stuff, at least make it something cool and lesser-known like the "Someday" or "Love Canal" covers instead of "Way of the World" (which I've never liked the Melvins version of at all)

Captain CoryCory

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2019, 08:10:24 AM »
A Flipper/Melvins tour would be utterly mental

Offline Dumpster D

• MITROWSKI!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2019, 10:42:09 AM »
Flipper?....David Yow?!?!!  :shock:.....and........Melvins?!?!?  :buzz:

Why do I love Flipper, why why why...., why are they so good?!?! they can hardly play but don't give a fuck....It's Just.... It's GOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!
"I never liked the Melvins, I never listened to the Melvins, I thought their music was Garbage"

Offline (PAUL)

• MITROWSKI!!!
  • YEAH
    • View Profile
    • My music
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2019, 12:51:16 PM »
Buzz talks about Generic Flipper as one of his favorite grunge albums and said this:
We just got done recording with Steve [DePace] and Ted [Falconi]; we wrote a new Flipper song with them, and it was an honor to play with those guys.
Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.

Offline Tobias

• gardening gloves
  • You got high just like you do
    • View Profile
Have you ever only eaten what's alive?

Offline WGB

• gardening gloves
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2019, 11:09:52 AM »
Flipper was on the uk tour in 2010, Krist Novoselic was playing for them and was really bad. They did a we are the world version of Sacrifice which was really good.

Offline Dumpster D

• MITROWSKI!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2019, 10:08:28 PM »
Flipper was on the uk tour in 2010, Krist Novoselic was playing for them and was really bad. They did a we are the world version of Sacrifice which was really good.

They've had 10 years basically since then, I'm sure they got their shit together by now.

This will probably be...no....GOING to be....Worth the wait.
"I never liked the Melvins, I never listened to the Melvins, I thought their music was Garbage"

Offline Nizamark

• Fears SNIVLEM
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2019, 10:42:19 PM »
mudhoney+melvins+flipper in LA '07 was a show for the ages

melvins did houdini. mudhoney did superfuzz/bigmuff.
novoselic played with flipper.

Offline WGB

• gardening gloves
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2019, 04:21:02 AM »

They've had 10 years basically since then, I'm sure they got their shit together by now.

They were great the next tour with Rachel Thoele on bass, it was Krist that was really bad. At one point they took the bass off him to teach him the riff.

Offline laptop sorcery

• gardening gloves
    • View Profile
"im ol' south!"

Offline Dumpster D

• MITROWSKI!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2019, 11:36:30 PM »

They were great the next tour with Rachel Thoele on bass, it was Krist that was really bad. At one point they took the bass off him to teach him the riff.

..It's a total last minute thing, Guys happen to have busy schedules...I'm going to defend Krist, probly wasn't his fault man, circumstantial happenings, I wasn't there but I know how it goes trying to get people together for a gig.

Offline meezer

• MITROWSKI!!!
  • Looking for vocalists
    • View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2019, 12:50:55 AM »
There's video. Is he playing the right notes? I guess. Does it sound good?  :?

"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix