THE TRILOGY REISSUE PLEASE MAKE IT HAPPEN

Started by needlescratch, April 07, 2019, 04:40:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dumpster D

Quote from: needlescratch on April 07, 2019, 12:14:36 PM
Quote from: jules on April 07, 2019, 12:09:44 PM
Quote from: buddy holiday on April 07, 2019, 05:38:52 AM
ipecac recs also has 25 years anniversary in 2019. so there's a chance.... considering the general vinyl sales increase and ipecac also pressed vinyl of most of the recent melvins albums.
It would be the 25th anniversary of Man's Ruin's first release this year, too. Electroretard on vinyl.

Funny enough, Electroretard has a test pressing but, was never released. To have a full release would be great as well!

I must be dreaming but swear I saw it on LP...but memory fails me now...that was back in my psychedelic Haze. was quite possible it was only the CD...Which I owned and no longer...or do I?

I played that one OUT....I can't believe I said that...but the Tipping the Lion version on that is just intergalactic, I LOVE the little high pitched dentist drill tone in there through the whole thing...it's about 1Khz so you hardly notice if your deaf like I am now from playing in bands and too many loud shows..but it's there.

Same with their interstellar overdrive rendition....oh man...NAILED IT!!!

How come Melvins and Fudge Tunner didn't happen the way Nailbomb did?

You'd think Alex Newport did lend a hand on Stag did he not?

Alex also produced on Share the fantasy by Godheadsilo too? Why wasn't Alex in and around the time MIke and the Melvins, you know?

When are the re-issues of Godheadsilo albums and KARP coming out?  8)

I'd buy the shit out of KARP Lps

blacksanta

It's the 20th anniversary of Ipecac, not the 25th.
Also melvins is gay cuz some of their songs are just noise, i tell you this so you all don't buy albums and find out only one two songs is good on them.

GiveMe45

Quote from: blacksanta on April 09, 2019, 05:43:40 PM
It's the 20th anniversary of Ipecac, not the 25th.
My brain is watery sometimes but that was what I was thinking too. 

I saw Fantomas in '99 and hung out with Patton for a minute when Bungle did that weird tour with System Of A Down in early 2000 and Ipecac was all new and stuff.  He told me about Venomous Concept before it was a thing.

jonE5

The Trilogy is my white whale. I picked it up in the store when it came out but ended up not buying it that day (it was too expensive  :lol: )

Shortly thereafter it was gone.. My store closed. I haven't had a local music store sense. And the copies online are ridiculous.

I would love a reissue, or even individual releases on vinyl. Especially (Obviously) Maggot and the Bootlicker

And H.A.T. now that is one that deserves to be on a single (or double) LP.  HAZE could have fun with that

The 7" thing was cool in concept and execution but frustrating if you just want to play the album. I was never a big 7" guy personally. Have a box full of them that I rarely touch.

Jozzy

Quote from: jonE5 on April 10, 2019, 08:13:26 AM

And H.A.T. now that is one that deserves to be on a single (or double) LP.  HAZE could have fun with that

The 7" thing was cool in concept and execution but frustrating if you just want to play the album. I was never a big 7" guy personally. Have a box full of them that I rarely touch.

I would much prefer an ipecac re-release of H.A.T because they would likely press far more than Haze would. I only want the vinyls to listen to and don't really care about the boutique aspect of it. That one is on so many people's lists for wants that it would be gone the second it went on sale if Haze only pressed like 250 or even 500 copies.

Agreed on 7" s. I don't want to have to get up every cpl minutes to listen to music.

Dumpster D

The Trilogy is my white whale. I picked it up in the store when it came out but ended up not buying it that day (it was too expensive  :lol: )

Shortly thereafter it was gone.. My store closed. I haven't had a local music store sense. And the copies online are ridiculous.

I would love a reissue, or even individual releases on vinyl. Especially (Obviously) Maggot and the Bootlicker

Tape your 7''s on a cassette for me, I'll tape you the Trilogy on Vinyl.

how bout it?

amazonAMAZON

vince furnier

Welcome to my Nightmare!
inbox is currently 82% full. TEAMWORK MAKES THE DREAM WORK!
"uh no, but we do know that meezer is vince furnier" - brian

needlescratch

I was afraid to listen to HAT for some reason but, I love it a lot! They only pressed it back when it came out, another pressing of that would be nice. I hope one day they do wide reissues for the early ipecac era. Maybe The Trilogy, HAT, and A Senile Animal? Those are some of my favorite Melvin records and are overly pricey!!! One day. One day.

Dumpster D

Quote from: needlescratch on April 12, 2019, 03:29:57 AM

I was afraid to listen to HAT for some reason but, I love it a lot! They only pressed it back when it came out, another pressing of that would be nice. I hope one day they do wide reissues for the early ipecac era. Maybe The Trilogy, HAT, and A Senile Animal? Those are some of my favorite Melvin records and are overly pricey!!! One day. One day.

you say "for some reason" a lot...for some reason.

:P

needlescratch

Quote from: Dumpster D on April 12, 2019, 11:52:24 PM
Quote from: needlescratch on April 12, 2019, 03:29:57 AM

you say "for some reason" a lot...for some reason.

:P

Yeah for some reason I guess. :PPP

Chief Ten Beers

Bought a new copy around '02/'03 through Cinderblock/Ipecac store. It was between $50-$60 :lol:. I can't imagine what it goes for now.

Dumpster D

You know what would be Rad and Intergalactic?

how about releasing the Trilogy on Cassette, bingo bongo bango!

8)

I'd buy that...infact, these melvins boys could read books on tape and It would be great...kids books on tape read by Dale Crover.  :D

dirtmerchant

Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on April 13, 2019, 02:32:01 PM
Bought a new copy around '02/'03 through Cinderblock/Ipecac store. It was between $50-$60 :lol:. I can't imagine what it goes for now.

They had some for sale on the last tour. Still sealed for $200. I don't think they lasted long nor were there a lot of em.

Jozzy

"The Melvins, whose most recent album is 2018's Pinkus Abortion Technician, are set to release a combined vinyl reissue of the 1999 albums The Maggot and The Bootlicker later this year."

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/melvins-announce-massive-fall-2019-163725191.html

Looks like your prayers have been answered. I hope the Crybaby is part of the reissue though.