THE TRILOGY REISSUE PLEASE MAKE IT HAPPEN

Started by needlescratch, April 07, 2019, 04:40:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moose

Quote from: baruk on November 25, 2019, 06:44:01 PM
Someone on discogs wrote this about the set:

'Anyone else having really bad sibilance (especially with the cymbals) on the bootlicker disc?

Update: Third copy (this time the replacement came direct from Ipecac) still the same problem. Tried on multiple setups. Sold my copy and put the idea of owning a decent pressing to rest. Expensive piece of crap.'

Can anyone here confirm this is the case? Or perhaps the original issues had the same problem?

I just played my copies for the first time today and I noticed right off the bat with those open hihat notes on Let It All Be. Really bad. I had to go and check my setup as well to see if something was amiss there. Sweet piece of art but the sound is fucked unfortunately.
Well, we'll always have "In the Air Tonight." Will that be your most enduring song?
You know, that song won't lie down. It just won't go away. I mean, there's a Mike Tyson moment associated with it now. It's just bizarre. I guess it has a bit of mystery, a lot of atmosphere, and the drums coming in, pinning people to the wall.

baruk

Quote from: moose on November 25, 2019, 08:07:37 PM
Quote from: baruk on November 25, 2019, 06:44:01 PM
Someone on discogs wrote this about the set:

'Anyone else having really bad sibilance (especially with the cymbals) on the bootlicker disc?

Update: Third copy (this time the replacement came direct from Ipecac) still the same problem. Tried on multiple setups. Sold my copy and put the idea of owning a decent pressing to rest. Expensive piece of crap.'

Can anyone here confirm this is the case? Or perhaps the original issues had the same problem?

I just played my copies for the first time today and I noticed right off the bat with those open hihat notes on Let It All Be. Really bad. I had to go and check my setup as well to see if something was amiss there. Sweet piece of art but the sound is fucked unfortunately.

Thanks. You just saved me some money. Too bad, was looking forward to having these on vinyl.

PepsiMike

Dumpster D

vince furnier

Quote from: PepsiMike on November 26, 2019, 12:29:25 PM
Has ipecac ever pressed a decent record?
they pressed (or had pressed by someone else) the first trilogy 19 years ago.  :idea:
Welcome to my Nightmare!
inbox is currently 82% full. TEAMWORK MAKES THE DREAM WORK!
"uh no, but we do know that meezer is vince furnier" - brian

jules

Has anyone noticed the reissued CDs have different artwork and different catalogue numbers? Old insert on the top:

Maggot

Bootlicker

Crybaby

black stallion

wow, i like it. did you get them jules?
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

jules

Quote from: black stallion on May 28, 2020, 11:59:02 AM
wow, i like it. did you get them jules?
They were a present from a friend. I'm wondering why they were released with new numbers and new artwork.

amazonAMAZON

Jozzy

I know a little sign... it looks like "fuck you asshole".

black stallion

Quote from: Jozzy on May 28, 2020, 04:16:03 PM

a friend of mine had a Melvins tshirt from 90's with those symbols.. i was so jealous
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

Jozzy

Quote from: black stallion on May 28, 2020, 04:32:59 PM

a friend of mine had a Melvins tshirt from 90's with those symbols.. i was so jealous

I still have that shirt - bought it when they were opening for Tool :lol: My stepdaughter is deaf so it got retired.

GiveMe45

Quote from: Jozzy on May 28, 2020, 05:31:35 PM
Quote from: black stallion on May 28, 2020, 04:32:59 PM

I still have that shirt - bought it when they were opening for Tool :lol: My stepdaughter is deaf so it got retired.
When I saw that tour I was with a girl I wanted to have fun with and we ate mushrooms.  Don't think I ever saw the merch table 🤔

CoryCory

Quote from: PepsiMike on November 26, 2019, 12:29:25 PM
Has ipecac ever pressed a decent record?

This. Their track record with them has been pretty lousy in the last decade.