The Greatest Melvins Tour Ever is Upon Us

Started by John Schuller, May 20, 2019, 12:55:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Schuller

Melvins, Redd Kross and ShitKid? C'mon. This is my dream come true. Here are my reasons.

1) Melvins is my favorite band in the world since 1987 when I first saw them live opening for D.R.I. and Poison Idea and then picked up the Deep Six compilation the next day so I could listen to them again.

2) Redd Kross is my favorite band in the world since 1987 when I first heard their cover of the Rolling Stones "Citadel" on the Enigma Variations compilation and I immediately went and bought Neurotica so I could listen to them some more.

3) Melvins have the bass player of Redd Kross in their band.

4) Redd Kross have the drummer of Melvins in their band.

5) Nothing is more perfect than having your two favorite bands not only tour together but also share the same rhythm section.

6) ShitKid is going to be a great opening band. I saw them with Dale Crover Band and thought they were amazing. Great songwriting, great performance, totally unique and weird while being very catchy.

ilduclo

(PAUL)

I don't know anything about ShitKid beyond they're from Sweden and toured Europe with Melvins and Redd Kross. Redd Kross are playing hour sets too.
Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.

John Schuller

Quote from: (PAUL) on May 20, 2019, 03:18:25 PM
I don't know anything about ShitKid beyond they're from Sweden and toured Europe with Melvins and Redd Kross. Redd Kross are playing hour sets too.

So great that Redd Kross is getting an hour set!

I would look some ShitKid up on Youtube. Their videos are a good entrance point I think.

))))((((

Greatest!?? More like one of their worst!! Redd Kross are okay, not very good but okay. ShitKid are terrible. I feel embarrassed for Melvins associating themselves with an act like that. For any tour to be the greatest Melvins tour ever it would have to be with Kevin performing Kevin only era songs.

BERZERKER

Have to agree with Ian on this one. Red Kross is nothing more than slightly ok, Shitkid is totally out of line, boring as could be.

linoleum blownapart

If Shitkid were Norwegian and/or burned churches down y'all would say different.
thrower of the bong water balloons

glen

Quote from: linoleum blownapart on May 21, 2019, 09:16:48 AM
If Shitkid were Norwegian and/or burned churches down y'all would say different.

correct.

but seriously, not trying to pick on Red Kross but aren't they a little...  happy?  for MELVINS?    I mean, I get the connection, obviously.  but Red Kross is like hippy dippy happy music.  MELVINS is the ANTI-hippy dippy happy music.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

))))((((

Quote from: glen on May 21, 2019, 09:48:09 AM
MELVINS is the ANTI-hippy dippy happy music.
Once, way back when they were. Now it's debatable.

BERZERKER

Live anno 2019 they still are, Ian. You have yet to experience them live. I can guarantee you they are no fun band.

BERZERKER

Quote from: linoleum blownapart on May 21, 2019, 09:16:48 AM

The bands that really stick out from Norway, like Motorpsycho that are in the same league as Melvins, outblast any of the swedish acts. Entombed and Meshuggah aren't even close. But there are decent swedish stuff, but Shitkid ain't worth mentioning, they're just annoying, a bit like Butcherettes.

Check out the noremwegian jazz, prog, psych scene, Lino, you can fins some treasures there.

John Schuller

If Redd Kross tunes such as "Kill Someone You Hate" are HAPPY then call me a HAPPY music fan. There has always been a huge portion of people that do not "get" Redd Kross, which has always been good for me as it allows me to always get a ticket to the show! It is very much the equivalent of Metal Heads not "getting" Melvins. It's ok with me!

And ShitKid write amazing songs. For example, the songs "You", "Favourite Thing" and "Sugar Town" are stellar.

I for one am thankful that Melvins are bringing them out on the road. Beats the fuck out of some of the openers I have seen.

glen

Quote from: ))))(((( on May 21, 2019, 09:48:56 AM
Quote from: glen on May 21, 2019, 09:48:09 AM
MELVINS is the ANTI-hippy dippy happy music.
Once, way back when they were. Now it's debatable.

yeah... well.... fuck you for being right, ok?

:P
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.

glen

Quote from: sadcorps on May 21, 2019, 12:43:39 PM
"Kill Someone You Hate"

true hate mongers would write a song about killing a family member.   just sayin.

I kid, of course. 

(PAUL)

Quote from: BERZERKER on May 21, 2019, 12:21:08 PM
I can guarantee you they are no fun band.
I love how this is supposed to be viewed in a positive way. "Hey did you see that new movie? It was no fun at all!"
Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.