20 Years of Ipecac Recordings

Started by surfling, May 22, 2019, 05:07:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

surfling

"Pop music is for sheep. And we are shepherds disguised as wolves."
(Laibach)

Dumpster D

Ipecac, I was there man!!!  :lol:

...I remember when it all started, 20 years go by fast when there's so many great records out there.

Thanks Ipecac!

Bigval

I still swear to this day that the first release on Ipecac the Fantomas S/T album actually came out in late '98 I remember looking at the Ipecac logo on it and thinking what label is that and then about six months later in April '99 Ipecac officially was born.

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: Bigval on May 22, 2019, 10:54:41 PM
I still swear to this day that the first release on Ipecac the Fantomas S/T album actually came out in late '98 I remember looking at the Ipecac logo on it and thinking what label is that and then about six months later in April '99 Ipecac officially was born.
I think you might be right.
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

(PAUL)

No that shit came out officially in April, I remember, I was there, they actually sold it at Best Buy, it was a Tuesday (my bad), slightly before the Maggot came out, I think maybe two weeks before.

Now the one release I have from Ipecac that didn't officially come out is that Queens of the Stone Age self titled CD, found it in a used CD store with the barcode punched out so a promotional version but no idea how many are out there.
Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.

glen

Fantomas S/T release date:  April 27, 1999.

Ipecac birth date: April 1, 1999.

April 1 eh....    *squints eyes accusingly*

"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

GiveMe45

Yeah, I still remember getting the Fantômas cd right when it came out in April 99.

Saw them at the old Rockcandy in Seattle in 98.  Must have been one of their first shows.

Dumpster D

That Fantomas CD was a special order, I think it was about 38 Bucks total at HIV...I shit you not that's the most I ever spent on an Album, The Girl who worked there was attractive and turns out she'd ordered it for herself so I taped a copy of it and gave it to her.

I came across a sealed copy of it and the Directors cut at some pawn shop...anyone interested?

moose

Did Greg say in the interview that they pressed the debit on vinyl? I can't find any information on this.
Well, we'll always have "In the Air Tonight." Will that be your most enduring song?
You know, that song won't lie down. It just won't go away. I mean, there's a Mike Tyson moment associated with it now. It's just bizarre. I guess it has a bit of mystery, a lot of atmosphere, and the drums coming in, pinning people to the wall.

John Schuller

Quote from: GiveMe45 on May 23, 2019, 07:22:38 PM
Yeah, I still remember getting the Fantômas cd right when it came out in April 99.

Saw them at the old Rockcandy in Seattle in 98.  Must have been one of their first shows.

That was an amazing show. I miss the Rckndy!!

buddy holiday

Quote from: moose on May 23, 2019, 09:53:31 PM
Did Greg say in the interview that they pressed the debit on vinyl? I can't find any information on this.
yes, he said. I did research and could not find any info either.
to my knowledge the first fantomas on vinyl is only available with the 'wunderkammer' boxset.

Bigval

I listened to this interview with Greg the other night it's a nice interview.

Informative and good to hear he thinks there could be a Mr Bungle reunion in the future.