Bangers Melvins Shitkid

Started by bUTTHOLEmAN, June 28, 2019, 09:05:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vince furnier

don't know where to put this reply. I guess i'll use your twitter system. I got on here at 11:08 PST and was amazed they were still available. not only placed the vinyl in my cart and added the cheapy cd to my cart (and that cart is a bitch to operate) but I got transferred to ppl and back to finalize. I don't think enthusiasm for this one was as high as recent releases. better luck next time.
Quote from: 01001010 on July 14, 2019, 07:14:31 PM
Hey there Coop, I'm glad you're enjoying your tea, but that's kinda like comparing apples and watermelons.

I've had PayPal for about twenty years; maybe we can make some team shirts and start a little club?

Anyway, you have to "Add To Cart" before your PayPal is worth a plugged nickel.

The trouble with the Shox-Op cart, as I've mentioned before, is that even if you place an item in your cart, someone else can take it right out *while* you are in the middle of processing the payment. There's no queue, no timer, it's just there, and then it's not there. Typically, a few days days later, it will show up on eBay, for twice as much money.

Looking at previous Shox-Op editions sold this way, there's kind of a history of this issue (i.e., others here have run into to same issue way more than I have), but the web guy, Lemon, isn't fixing it, for whatever reason.

Quote from: vince furnier on July 14, 2019, 05:52:26 PM
never happened to me but I have paypal, so what do I know?
Welcome to my Nightmare!
inbox is currently 82% full. TEAMWORK MAKES THE DREAM WORK!
"uh no, but we do know that meezer is vince furnier" - brian

S'funny; until we moved to Oregon in 2008, I can't remember the last time I actually wrote a check to anyone. Suddenly in Oregon, I had to ask our Credit Union to print up a couple books of checks for the surprising number of folks that wouldn't accept any other form of payment for various services. I mean, c'mon, already, I've got PayPal!  :-k

Quote from: PepsiMike on July 14, 2019, 07:44:54 PM
Quote from: 01001010 on July 14, 2019, 07:14:31 PM

I've had PayPal for about twenty years; maybe we can make some team shirts and start a little club?

Quote from: vince furnier on July 14, 2019, 05:52:26 PM
never happened to me but I have paypal, so what ever!

HMU with this club action, I can talk mad shit about check writers. 💩🤡😭

Why yes, watching that gif *does* in fact make me want to projectile vomit in several directions at once....   :-&

Quote from: PepsiMike on July 14, 2019, 07:49:13 PM

amazonAMAZON

Got cheapy CDs.

I'm glad you guys are there to support the band, but I don't get the limited vinyl compulsion, especially when there's got to be some flippers out there with bots.

I agree that the site probably ought to have countdown timers, but more importantly some kind of captcha system or other modern human authentication service. But these things cost money and as long as fans buy at inflated prices from flippers, it doesn't behoove the amrep admins to invest in it.

))))((((

Quote from: Pound4abrown on July 14, 2019, 03:49:55 PM
cheap-o cd
Why are these AmRep CD releases always referred to as "cheap-o"? I understand they are a cheaper alternative than the vinyl of course, but it always bugs me to read constantly on the site or on here the "cheap-o" description since they are just regular, normal CD's.

It gives the Collector Scum Flipper Contingency™ a reason to beat their chests, presumably.  \:D/

Quote from: ))))(((( on July 15, 2019, 01:30:26 PM
cheap-o cd
Why are these AmRep CD releases always referred to as "cheap-o"? I understand they are a cheaper alternative than the vinyl of course, but it always bugs me to read constantly on the site or on here the "cheap-o" description since they are just regular, normal CD's.

(PAUL)

Well they sell them for $5, that's pretty cheap for a new CD. I sometimes wonder why they don't put some of this stuff up on Bandcamp for downloads but maybe they have an upcoming album that will feature this stuff (maybe that rumored history of music album?). I totally get not wanting to put it on streaming though, they wouldn't get their money back!
Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.

Chief Ten Beers

cheap-o cd

Because there's No jewel-case or digipak? Just a cardboard slv w/ front back art. Plus $5 is sort of cheap. They could probably get away with charging $8-$10. I just hope that there's eventually not an Ipecac proper CD that combines the Sabbath/Flipper/Shitkid & whatever's next, thus making the cheapo CDs useless, like the Melvins83 CD EP vs. Tres Cabrones.

Stonergrunge

Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on July 15, 2019, 03:48:52 PM
cheap-o cd

Because there's No jewel-case or digipak? Just a cardboard slv w/ front back art. Plus $5 is sort of cheap. They could probably get away with charging $8-$10. I just hope that there's eventually not an Ipecac proper CD that combines the Sabbath/Flipper/Shitkid & whatever's next, thus making the cheapo CDs useless, like the Melvins83 CD EP vs. Tres Cabrones.

Not really, there are some subtle differences in the songs if you compare the Melvins 1983 Ep with Tres Cabrones... sure, I can't say there is a HUGE difference but they're not 100% the same, specially in the case of Psychodelic Haze.
cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love.
Foot fetishism means love, because, it's the magic of feet odor... Long live depravation.

))))((((

Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on July 15, 2019, 03:48:52 PM
I just hope that there's eventually not an Ipecac proper CD that combines the Sabbath/Flipper/Shitkid & whatever's next, thus making the cheapo CDs useless, like the Melvins83 CD EP vs. Tres Cabrones.
I'd like that to be true but for some reason i feel that won't happen this time. It would make for a long record anyway! But maybe it would just incorporate some of the songs from each EP instead. With all these 10" releases lately i do wonder whether Melvins might be transitioning to a new phase of ONLY putting out the EP's now. Or at least concentrating on them more than "official" Ipecac ventures.

Stonergrunge

Ok, so far I'm only aware of two EPs (Hot Fish and Bangers)... Is there an official confirmation about more EPs ahead?
Fuzz is love.
Foot fetishism means love, because, it's the magic of feet odor... Long live depravation.

))))((((

Quote from: Stonergrunge on July 15, 2019, 06:42:42 PM
Ok, so far I'm only aware of two EPs (Hot Fish and Bangers)... Is there an official confirmation about more EPs ahead?
It was just two covers of course, but don't forget the one with Al Cisneros entitled 'Sabbath'.

Stonergrunge

Quote from: ))))(((( on July 15, 2019, 06:45:21 PM
Quote from: Stonergrunge on July 15, 2019, 06:42:42 PM
It was just two covers of course, but don't forget the one with Al Cisneros entitled 'Sabbath'.

oops, you're right, I was thinking about EPs not singles and that is another one to consider but what about the following months, any future release?
Fuzz is love.

vince furnier

cheap-o cd
because they're called cheapy cds:o :lol:

https://www.shoxop.com/collections/cheapy-5-cds
Welcome to my Nightmare!
inbox is currently 82% full. TEAMWORK MAKES THE DREAM WORK!
"uh no, but we do know that meezer is vince furnier" - brian