Bangers Melvins Shitkid

Started by bUTTHOLEmAN, June 28, 2019, 09:05:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

linoleum blownapart

ordered some cheap cds yesterday about 4:30, and got a shipping confirmation within the hour.  Thats pretty fast.
thrower of the bong water balloons

vince furnier

Quote from: linoleum blownapart on July 16, 2019, 06:12:39 AM
ordered some cheap cds yesterday about 4:30, and got a shipping confirmation within the hour.  Thats pretty fast.
but did you click on the tracking button? he usually sends that and they wait for pickup for about 2 days. then they ship from Minneapolis, MN to.....St Paul, MN. then they get to you the next day or so.  :D
Welcome to my Nightmare!
inbox is currently 82% full. TEAMWORK MAKES THE DREAM WORK!
"uh no, but we do know that meezer is vince furnier" - brian

linoleum blownapart

No did not bother with the tracking.  It said three days.  I'f its not in the mail box sunday when I drag my ass down the street to check in, then I'll track it.  I'm sure it will get to my mailbox before I do.  I'm in no hurry for junk mail and bills.
thrower of the bong water balloons

(PAUL)

Got it yesterday, listened to it a couple times this morning, pretty good if you like the more punk rock Melvins sound. Probably their most straight set of songs in a while. Around 13 minutes total.
Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: (PAUL) on July 18, 2019, 01:25:47 PM
Got it yesterday, listened to it a couple times this morning, pretty good if you like the more punk rock Melvins sound. Probably their most straight set of songs in a while. Around 13 minutes total.
Thanks. Punk rock like melvins 1983? How was the pretenders cover?
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

(PAUL)

Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on July 18, 2019, 01:28:25 PM
Punk like Sex Pistols style. A couple of songs sung in Swedish. Tattooed Love Boys? It's good, a fast punk number, might be the best song on there. Feels Like the Movies ends abruptly, and just when it's starting to get good too (it's also the slowest song on the EP).
Hail, not fail.

bUTTHOLEmAN

if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

Pound4abrown

Quote from: ))))(((( on July 15, 2019, 01:30:26 PM
Quote from: Pound4abrown on July 14, 2019, 03:49:55 PM
cheap-o cd
Why are these AmRep CD releases always referred to as "cheap-o"? I understand they are a cheaper alternative than the vinyl of course, but it always bugs me to read constantly on the site or on here the "cheap-o" description since they are just regular, normal CD's.

Maybe some odd marketing angle?

moose

Quote from: (PAUL) on July 18, 2019, 01:41:02 PM
Punk like Sex Pistols style. A couple of songs sung in Swedish. Tattooed Love Boys? It's good, a fast punk number, might be the best song on there. Feels Like the Movies ends abruptly, and just when it's starting to get good too (it's also the slowest song on the EP).

so it's both bands playing on the same tracks or..?
Well, we'll always have "In the Air Tonight." Will that be your most enduring song?
You know, that song won't lie down. It just won't go away. I mean, there's a Mike Tyson moment associated with it now. It's just bizarre. I guess it has a bit of mystery, a lot of atmosphere, and the drums coming in, pinning people to the wall.

(PAUL)

Quote from: moose on July 18, 2019, 06:19:58 PM

Yeah. Buzz doesn't do any vocals on this one.
Hail, not fail.

vince furnier

Quote from: (PAUL) on July 19, 2019, 12:47:49 PM
Quote from: moose on July 18, 2019, 06:19:58 PM

Yeah. Buzz doesn't do any vocals on this one.
that's the Crybaby category.  :idea:
Welcome to my Nightmare!

amazonAMAZON

Got mine from the mail today and listened through a half dozen times (it's quick). This promptly grew on me.

My first reaction was that it's quiet. So I turned it up.

Favorites are "Highway" and "Tattooed" and not just because they're the English language songs. It reminds me of how much I like Buzz playing in a punk style, a la Jelvins or "Youth of America" and "Lexicon Devil."

My initial reaction was a little bit of mourning for Crystal Fairy since Teri has such projection and rasp and swagger. But Shitkid's style is not so in-your-face, more or less amateur, but with a charming sense of musical phrasing.

I want to say there's maybe a song with a bridge that works with its verse and chorus. There is continuity in melody and chords. It all goes by pretty fast. The last song has some kind of odd meter or short measure that sounds like classic Buzz/Dale. Though if I have to guess I'd say Steven and Shitkid speak similar musical languages.

That's all for now. It's a great new chapter in the Melvins collab EP series. Get it if you haven't already.

))))((((

Trying to hear the EP, i just discovered this Shitkid video which is filmed in and around Buzz's house.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdBSx9f1SrU

GiveMe45

Missed out when they were originally up so I had to go the eBay route.  Got one for $49 including shipping.

vince furnier

spun the cd 3 times in a row this morning. i'm impressed. is it the greatest thing ever to bear the name Melvins? no. is it a solid slab of weird punk and experimental music? yes.  8)
Welcome to my Nightmare!