Melvins/Redd Kross tour + album 2019

Started by Stonergrunge, July 16, 2019, 03:29:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

linoleum blownapart

And from what I understand, Bandcamp is where the band (if from their page and not a record lable) gets/makes the most money these days.  There is really no expense if you are just buying a digital album.  CDs, records, and tapes cost money to produce, and take away profit for the band.  This is where I get most my music from now.  Then someplace like itunes or amazon or real product like a cd and rip it.
thrower of the bong water balloons

Fureon Nectarmoon

Amen for Bandcamp. And I get that it's logical for it to be pricier but I recall they were $30 a few years ago. Now they're $50-60? Something doesn't add up. And I'm not even going to mention bundles prices. Uniqueness and DIY should factor into the price for sure, but I think you have to keep it in line with the amount of actual content as well.

John Schuller

I spent $50 on the Melvins/Redd Kross split 10". It's pricey, but it is beautiful art. I wish I could have afforded to buy the Flipper and Sabbath 10"s as well, but I couldn't really afford to shell out the cash. It's cool with me. I don't mind the prices and think the records are worth it.

GiveMe45

Quote from: sadcorps on September 06, 2019, 11:29:12 PM
I spent $50 on the Melvins/Redd Kross split 10". It's pricey, but it is beautiful art. I wish I could have afforded to buy the Flipper and Sabbath 10"s as well, but I couldn't really afford to shell out the cash. It's cool with me. I don't mind the prices and think the records are worth it.
Was the Sabbath one the Haze one or the factory one?

ilduclo

GiveMe45

Quote from: ilduclo on September 07, 2019, 06:12:52 PM
you coming down to Tiny Town, 45?
Yes I am!  It was actually the only PacNW show I was able to get tickets for.

John Schuller

Quote from: GiveMe45 on September 07, 2019, 05:25:50 PM
Quote from: sadcorps on September 06, 2019, 11:29:12 PM
Was the Sabbath one the Haze one or the factory one?

I believe the Haze one. Blue at $50

GiveMe45

Show in Eugene tonight is sold out.  14 tickets available when the door opened.

jules

Quote from: GiveMe45 on September 10, 2019, 10:16:01 PM
Did you drink gin with Ild?

GiveMe45

Quote from: jules on September 10, 2019, 11:33:08 PM
Quote from: GiveMe45 on September 10, 2019, 10:16:01 PM
Did you drink gin with Ild?
Would love to!  Hasn't made his presence known yet....

von grip

im going to the portland show tmrw, but i wish they played 2 nights here like seattle...
"im ol' south!"

ilduclo

Ild was seriously short on gin money, but....   :mrgreen:  Melvs were great!

Saw ildlehans, but not 45...

AxelFoley

bUTTHOLEmAN

if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus