Melvins/Redd Kross tour + album 2019

Started by Stonergrunge, July 16, 2019, 03:29:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buddy holiday

Quote from: jules on September 24, 2019, 03:59:53 AM
More merch to come. From Mackie's Facebook:

nice one! for one of the best albums of all time.

there are still the black honkys around that were supposed to go on the cancelled euro tour....
it would be nice to see some of these handmade covers on the next euro tour though. fingers crossed...

jules

Quote from: buddy holiday on September 24, 2019, 11:35:08 AM
there are still the black honkys around that were supposed to go on the cancelled euro tour....
it would be nice to see some of these handmade covers on the next euro tour though. fingers crossed...
The black Honkys are still in the UK and they'll be here til the next European tour.....

buddy holiday

Quote from: jules on September 24, 2019, 12:04:14 PM
The black Honkys are still in the UK and they'll be here til the next European tour.....
so they only need to bring along a handful of mackie covers, low tax impact at the border  :lol:

PepsiMike

New variants of the tour ep are now appearing. The splatter variant with a colorized version of the cover.

PepsiMike

Dumpster D

Quote from: jules on September 24, 2019, 03:59:53 AM
More merch to come. From Mackie's Facebook:

one of the best albums of all time.

one of the best?  =; [-X....you mean THE best.

amazonAMAZON

Beg to differ about Honky. Lovely Butterflies and Mombius Hibachi are classic Melvins, but not even at the level of Atlantic year classics. They All and Pitfalls and Mouth Breather are anomalous essentials. Grin and Freaktose are fun. Laughing is among their better novelty tunes. But there's still ten to fifteen minutes on this record that just never connected for me.

(PAUL)

Quote from: meezer on September 24, 2019, 09:15:50 AM
Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on September 23, 2019, 11:53:17 AM
No idea what the extra two songs are.

They were playing it close to the vest.  :D

It's Carpe Diem and Female Trouble. Picked up the cheapo cd at the show last night. I didn't listen all the way through but upon first impression they sounded the same as the Sugar Daddy Everybody Loves Sausages versions, not Sugar Daddy, sorry about that. 
Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.

bUTTHOLEmAN

if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

Dumpster D

Quote from: amazonAMAZON on September 25, 2019, 10:30:46 PM
Beg to differ about Honky. Lovely Butterflies and Mombius Hibachi are classic Melvins, but not even at the level of Atlantic year classics. They All and Pitfalls and Mouth Breather are anomalous essentials. Grin and Freaktose are fun. Laughing is among their better novelty tunes. But there's still ten to fifteen minutes on this record that just never connected for me.

I still haven't heard anything as unique or creative in the form of a record album by any other band that can touch Honky.

But it's not for everyone, that's also another thing that makes it so special IMHO.

You want to know why it sounds the way it does compared to the Atlantic albums?

they could make a record with an advance for probably between $50,000-$80,000 more or less with Atlantic.

Then apparently a Lawsuit ensued for breach of an evil contract that for sure was intended to ruin them as a band...

I doubt they had much money to record anything after that... they made good use of a low budget production.

Garnz

Quote from: Dumpster D on September 26, 2019, 11:23:59 PM
Quote from: amazonAMAZON on September 25, 2019, 10:30:46 PM

I still haven't heard anything as unique or creative in the form of a record album by any other band that can touch Honky.

But it's not for everyone, that's also another thing that makes it so special IMHO.

You want to know why it sounds the way it does compared to the Atlantic albums?

they could make a record with an advance for probably between $50,000-$80,000 more or less with Atlantic.

Then apparently a Lawsuit ensued for breach of an evil contract that for sure was intended to ruin them as a band...

I doubt they had much money to record anything after that... they made good use of a low budget production.

I try to get a friend of mine into the Melvins and Honky was the first album that struck her. Althou she likes late Swans and Sunn o))) she did not like Lysol.

jules

Melvins Donuts slipmats and mugs seen in Minneapolis.....

Jozzy

Quote from: jules on September 27, 2019, 09:26:17 AM

:shock: Any word on the price of the slipmat? I need a new one.

jules

Quote from: Jozzy on September 27, 2019, 10:09:17 AM
Quote from: jules on September 27, 2019, 09:26:17 AM

:shock: Any word on the price of the slipmat? I need a new one.

Dunno. I'm hoping they'll be popular enough for Revolve Merchandise to put some up on their site after the tour. If enough people ask Revolve to do that, maybe they will.....

buddy holiday