Melvins/Redd Kross tour + album 2019

Started by Stonergrunge, July 16, 2019, 03:29:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jules

Shoxop have the $5 Melvins-only Escape From LA CD plus White Drugs 'Harlem' and Mr. Phylzzz 'Penitent Curtis' CDs, also a fiver.

Fureon Nectarmoon

So they resorted to recycling tracks that were already on other releases.
Not to mention this CD is all cover songs, as most newer Melvins songs are.
I really don't like where this is going.

amazonAMAZON

Sacrifice, Green Manalishi, Going Blind, Lexicon Devil, Female Trouble, Black Sabbath, Leeech, the list goes on... There are cover songs that are as Melvins as can be.

Besides, "Hot Fish" and all the Shitkid record are new songs. Don't sleep on these releases.

Fureon Nectarmoon

Quote from: amazonAMAZON on September 29, 2019, 02:34:54 PM
Sacrifice, Green Manalishi, Going Blind, Lexicon Devil, Female Trouble, Black Sabbath, Leeech, the list goes on... There are cover songs that are as Melvins as can be.
True, but quantity does not make quality.
Some of them are über awesome and some are honestly not worth the tape (or hdd space, whatever) they're recorded on.
And then again, even the best covers do not exactly substitute original songs. There has been way too few lately in comparison.

Quote from: amazonAMAZON on September 29, 2019, 02:34:54 PM
Besides, "Hot Fish" and all the Shitkid record are new songs. Don't sleep on these releases.
I didn't sleep on them - I slept from listening to them  :lol: Mostly.
I liked "I Saw You Shine" a lot but that's a cover again.
I thought Ornar Flyger Over Amerika was slightly above "eh" because it was catchy, but that's mostly a Shitkid song where it could have been easily any other band instead of the Melvs and it would have been the same.

I mean, point taken, but that's what, 4 new half-original songs? Throwaway songs for collabs that they'll never play live? I'm sorry but if a year passes by and 4 half-original half-hearted songs vs/+ 6 cover songs is all we get, I think that's... not a great output. Very low output considering this is the Melvins we're talking about. Starting to feel stale, honestly. Something mind-blowing and original better be coming.

amazonAMAZON

What other fanbase has a favorite band with a thirty year arc where they still put out Hold It In, This Machine, Crystal Fairy, Basses Loaded, A Walk, plus these collabs EPs and PAT in the span of five years? You guys take this band for granted. That's all I'm saying.

If they're hoarding some new original work to release soon, I'm happy about that, too. Maybe Melvins Lite or Cantonese 2 will come first. That's fine. If you've seen Steven and Dale on this tour, you know this iteration of the band has completely coalesced into the monster we all want. Let them do something. If they told us the plan for Bootlicker or Stag or POTRE in advance all these boardies probably would have pined for the last album be done all over again. Thank God The Melvins listen to their own direction.

amazonAMAZON

Stonergrunge

So I bought the Melvins and Mr. Phylzzz CDs, I received the PayPal receipt but not the email confirmation from SHOXOP like the last time.

Has anyone received the email confirmation so far?
cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love.
Foot fetishism means love, because, it's the magic of feet odor... Long live depravation.

amazonAMAZON

Yes I got both PayPal and shoxop confirmation

meezer

Quote from: amazonAMAZON on September 29, 2019, 08:33:14 PM
Yes I got both PayPal and shoxop confirmation
I did as well. I always have from AmRep.
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

Dumpster D

It is with utmost sadness that I am regretfully going to have to miss seeing the Syracuse show. It is unfortunate, I currently do not possess the personal finances or transportation resources to do so. Having said that, I hope that the tour is going well and the group is enjoying themselves on and off stage, and having a satisfactory tour so far.

I really enjoy seeing the band perform live and hopefully will be lucky enough next time they are able to make it.

Cheers to their success, health and wellbeing.

Thank you Melvins.

Love as always

- Dumpster D.

Stonergrunge

That sucks D, too bad.

By the way, about SHOXOP... apparently I did the whole shopping process too quickly, mainly because I thought they were going to be sold out really fast, and I made a mistake when I typed my email address  :facepalm:, that's why I only received the PayPal receipt and not the order confirmation.
cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love.
Foot fetishism means love, because, it's the magic of feet odor... Long live depravation.

Mount Ambulance

My good buddy who lives in Ithaca just texted me ...

"Whoa! Just realized Melvins/Red Kross are playing Syracuse tonight! Gotta go!"

hahaha ... hope he has fun
It was a big night out on the town for the Id and the Reptile Brain ...

like a brick wall, like a dream waiting to be!

vince furnier

Welcome to my Nightmare!
inbox is currently 82% full. TEAMWORK MAKES THE DREAM WORK!
"uh no, but we do know that meezer is vince furnier" - brian

Mount Ambulance

got his tix and he's off to the races!
It was a big night out on the town for the Id and the Reptile Brain ...

like a brick wall, like a dream waiting to be!

Vcavallo

I'll be in Boston tomorrow night. Woohoo!
Vinney "only takes 15 years to make good on his promises" Cavallo