Author Topic: THE TRILOGY REISSUE PLEASE MAKE IT HAPPEN  (Read 9209 times)

Offline moose

• knows moss
    • View Profile
Re: THE TRILOGY REISSUE PLEASE MAKE IT HAPPEN
« Reply #75 on: November 25, 2019, 07:07:37 PM »
Someone on discogs wrote this about the set:

'Anyone else having really bad sibilance (especially with the cymbals) on the bootlicker disc?

Update: Third copy (this time the replacement came direct from Ipecac) still the same problem. Tried on multiple setups. Sold my copy and put the idea of owning a decent pressing to rest. Expensive piece of crap.'

Can anyone here confirm this is the case? Or perhaps the original issues had the same problem?

I just played my copies for the first time today and I noticed right off the bat with those open hihat notes on Let It All Be. Really bad. I had to go and check my setup as well to see if something was amiss there. Sweet piece of art but the sound is fucked unfortunately.
Well, we'll always have "In the Air Tonight." Will that be your most enduring song?
You know, that song won't lie down. It just won't go away. I mean, there's a Mike Tyson moment associated with it now. It's just bizarre. I guess it has a bit of mystery, a lot of atmosphere, and the drums coming in, pinning people to the wall.

Offline baruk

• Fears SNIVLEM
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 25, 2019, 07:42:24 PM »
Someone on discogs wrote this about the set:

'Anyone else having really bad sibilance (especially with the cymbals) on the bootlicker disc?

Update: Third copy (this time the replacement came direct from Ipecac) still the same problem. Tried on multiple setups. Sold my copy and put the idea of owning a decent pressing to rest. Expensive piece of crap.'

Can anyone here confirm this is the case? Or perhaps the original issues had the same problem?

I just played my copies for the first time today and I noticed right off the bat with those open hihat notes on Let It All Be. Really bad. I had to go and check my setup as well to see if something was amiss there. Sweet piece of art but the sound is fucked unfortunately.

Thanks. You just saved me some money. Too bad, was looking forward to having these on vinyl.

Offline PepsiMike

• knows moss
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 26, 2019, 11:29:25 AM »
Has ipecac ever pressed a decent record?

Offline Dumpster D

• MITROWSKI!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 26, 2019, 11:39:38 AM »
maybe someone here might be interested in trying to learn something. 

https://www.emusician.com/how-to/mastering-vinyl
"I never liked the Melvins, I never listened to the Melvins, I thought their music was Garbage"

Online vince furnier

• ♥'s Butt Drugs
  • see my only mind explode, when I've gone insane!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 27, 2019, 07:16:27 AM »
Has ipecac ever pressed a decent record?
they pressed (or had pressed by someone else) the first trilogy 19 years ago.  :idea:
Welcome to my Nightmare!

"uh no, but we do know that meezer is vince furnier" - brian