Author Topic: Hostile Ambient Takeover  (Read 594 times)

Offline MilitaryCity

• knows glen
    • View Profile
Hostile Ambient Takeover
« on: September 01, 2019, 02:05:49 AM »
I’m trying to get a hold of a vinyl copy of Hostile Ambient Takeover, but I haven’t had any luck. Was this album never issued on vinyl? If anyone can help I’d appreciate it, especially if there is a copy for me to purchase. Thanks, James

Offline Dumpster D

• MITROWSKI!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Hostile Ambient Takeover
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2019, 11:50:18 AM »
The album was pressed as singles and released over a period of months in editions of 2000, on (I think approximately) 7 individual 7" Records, each contained a B-side of cover material not released with the CD album.

Those can be tracked down individually but the shipping will absolutely destroy you.  :(

I remember they were each about 17-24.99 CDN currency when I bought them in the store...so roughly 25 bucks apiece is a starting point to gauge individual prices of those...but I'm not the expert on vinyl prices.

Wait and check someday someone might be selling the whole lot of them as one piece, then you might be able to get a better deal on them, expect to pay upwards of 150 USD plus S+H etc.

about 8 years ago I had to re-purchase the Hostile Ambient takeover singles, and lucked out and bought the whole set off someone in Japan and got away scott free with that at around 125 bucks.

You'd be better off with the CD unless you really wanted the B-side material...at that point if you're not into taping those onto a cassette you'll be flipping Records all night to play the full album that way.
"I never liked the Melvins, I never listened to the Melvins, I thought their music was Garbage"

Offline Pelican

• knows moss
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2019, 08:04:56 PM »
2022 20th anniversary special Amrep silkscreen vinyl edition, cheapie CD, tshirt, sticker, bundle and tour with Kevin where they play the entire album and only that album and its b-sides. Merch table is only HAT goods. A boy can dream.

Offline amazonAMAZON

• sun ra was right
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2019, 09:04:37 PM »
This year has been a good year for me completing some essentials in my Melvins wish list. Even though I'm not a vinyl collector, the HAT singles was high on my list. I scored a full set and I think I paid under $200 shipped. I'm very pleased. Be patient.
"Get up, open the curtains and smell the Melvins." -jules

Offline mrkilgore

• Fears SNIVLEM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2019, 06:21:13 PM »
James,
i have a set of the 7 x 7", $105 plus shipping if you are interested. never played, great condition.
It's a satanic drug thing, you wouldn't understand!