Troubadour Los Angeles Sept 5, 2019

Started by amazonAMAZON, September 06, 2019, 02:22:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amazonAMAZON

Great show. I don't think there were any surprises on the setlist, though they seemed to do two songs at the end with Redd Kross.

Dale is strong as ever. Buzz was flawless. Steven sounded great, too. A lot more clarity in the playing, less effects, I think.

The Bit especially sounds great with what Steven is doing. I liked how With Yo Heart sort of truncates right into Leeech as if they're one song. I lost my shit to Sesame Street Meat and Kicking Machine. Doesn't matter how many times I've seen them, that's the best opening pair imaginable.

Scored a Redd Kross/Melvins split ($50) and a Walsby Melvins (Pink Floyd / Animals) poster ($20) so I'm quite content. The Sabbath deluxe bundle was there but I couldn't pull the trigger over $100. It includes the Sabbath vinyl in blue, four recent CD releases that might have been alternate art and some limited art booklet. Edition was less than 50, maybe 46?

mikewilliamson

Quote from: amazonAMAZON on September 06, 2019, 02:22:01 AM
Great show. I don't think there were any surprises on the setlist, though they seemed to do two songs at the end with Redd Kross.

Yeah the first song they did with Redd Kross in the encore is a RK song called STANDING IN FRONT OF POSEUR.  Then they closed with DEUCE.

Nizamark

the deuce closer was hot shit. whole show was super fun. melvins were locked in. i love the troubadour so much. good to see sadcorps in the house.

John Schuller

Quote from: Nizamark on September 06, 2019, 03:41:08 PM
the deuce closer was hot shit. whole show was super fun. melvins were locked in. i love the troubadour so much. good to see sadcorps in the house.

That show slayed!!!!!

Seeing my favorite band (Melvins) and my favorite band (Redd Kross) playing a cover by my favorite band (KISS) at the same time was a dream come true. I think I can die happy now!