Author Topic: Questions i'd like to ask Buzz  (Read 1692 times)

Offline LuckMach3

• ♥'s Butt Drugs
    • View Profile
Re: Questions i'd like to ask Buzz
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2020, 06:22:59 AM »
I wonder if a Melvins+Tool+Jello Biafra album is in the works?  They're all clearly friends.
You're just a critic; we know why you drink so much
Jealousy slowly consuming your gut

Your head is firmly lodged way up your butt (Where it belongs)
You don't believe what you write (You're an imposter)

Offline amazonAMAZON

• shit talking thieves
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2020, 10:37:45 AM »
This thread crept into my dream last night. I was tagging along to a Buzz interview and the interviewer didn't show up. It was finally my chance to ask all the song title and lyric questions that plague me. But I woke up before we actually got to the interview.

Goddamn mystery meanings.
"Get up, open the curtains and smell the Melvins." -jules

Offline ))))((((

• sun ra was right
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2020, 11:41:39 AM »
It was finally my chance to ask all the song title and lyric questions that plague me.
Yes!! I'd like to ask about that too! Rather annoyingly i'd want detailed, thorough answers too. However i suspect Buzz would just reply that he saw those words/phrases somewhere and just jotted them down on a list. No big, grand underlining meaning or such.

Offline Hands First Flower

• former bassist
  • Ok, ok, ok.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2020, 11:43:52 AM »
Hi folx- longtime listener here, hardly ever post here, thanks for having me here.
I have a theory that a lot of the melvins/buzzo song lyrics are about people / characters / events in movies, Buzz is obliquely describing movie scenes and or storylines.
My first time really pondering this theory was The Bride Screamed Murder. I think the record is a sound version of a movie, not a soundtrack per se, a movie unto itself- or maybe a script, or screenplay, or whatever fancy word there is for the idea. The structure of the track sequencing and the way the songs play out line up for me. Even the cover art design brings to mind a movie, mine anyway.

It was finally my chance to ask all the song title and lyric questions that plague me.
Yes!! I'd like to ask about that too! [...] No big, grand underlining meaning or such.
What a fabulous room. Are all these your guitars?

Offline amazonAMAZON

• shit talking thieves
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2020, 03:18:58 PM »
I think that's a valid theory, Handsy. A Walk With Love and Death is a John Huston film, Buzz's favorite director.
"Get up, open the curtains and smell the Melvins." -jules

Offline ))))((((

• sun ra was right
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2020, 03:42:41 PM »
Probably all quite true. Im sure a lot of song writers use existing art (film, comics, news stories etc) as inspiration or influence in writing what they write. Sometimes bands state that they have wrote a concept record while other times im sure some acts keep that fact slightly veiled. Left to the listener to discern and piece together.

Online Dumpster D

• MITROWSKI!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2020, 06:08:43 PM »
I don't have any specific questions for Buzz, it would be cool just talking about random stuff without much of a context, and Just joke around a bit.

Offline ))))((((

• sun ra was right
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2020, 06:01:38 PM »
Having just noticed that Dale follows Federer, Djokovic and Nadal on Instagram, i really want to ask him about tennis now!!!

Offline black stallion

• MITROWSKI!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2020, 12:37:50 AM »
Having just noticed that Dale follows Federer, Djokovic and Nadal on Instagram, i really want to ask him about tennis now!!!

I think his wife is into tennis too
Charmicarmicat:Bastards