Skateboard Bundle

Started by jules, December 19, 2019, 05:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dumpster D

Tick tock...good luck boys

Peebot

so what happened here...looks like there are still some up, did this one just not sell? did they find the line in the sand for pricing today?

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: Peebot on June 06, 2020, 06:42:17 PM
did they find the line in the sand for pricing today?
Possibly.

I'm hoping they sell the decks separately sometime down the road.
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

dirtmerchant

If someone here gets it and doesn't want the basses loaded book, Guitar picks or button I'll buy it off of ya. I have a tour version basses loaded that didn't come with the book. I don't usually flinch at the price of these bundles but this one is nuts to me. I get it's two boards and if I didn't already have one I would be more tempted. I don't skate tho and can't justify hanging two boards on the wall, ha!

^^^^ Yeah, the price of these bundles isn't really the bottom line, but I've seen a few of these now, where it's just not stuff that I really want; at *that* point, then the price is harder to justify. Then again, it all starts to smell like collector scum bait after a bit....  considering that half the planet has just had their incomes seriously impacted, the timing seems kinda poor. I mean, I could just buy this stuff, but if someone wanted it more than me, they should get first crack at it at, I reckon, except maybe it's not the smartest time to shove things in peeps' faces, perhaps?

amazonAMAZON

All bands lost all their tours. Coming out of this every schedule is disrupted for long after back-to-normal for many other industries. Half the clubs and venues they'd booked might not be out there. If you can afford it and you want even part of the bundle you should buy it now. Now. More than any other time in history.

John Schuller

Quote from: amazonAMAZON on June 07, 2020, 02:48:11 AM
All bands lost all their tours. Coming out of this, every schedule is disrupted for long after back-to-normal for many other industries. Half the clubs and venues they'd booked might not be out there. If you can afford it and you want even part of the bundle you should buy it now. Now. More than any other time in history.

^^^^ THIS ^^^^

A lot of bands are not "canceling" their tours so they can keep any advance money on hand. Buzz was smart by canceling his shows and making sure his fans got refunds. He doesn't want to be touring in debt. If there are any still booked, I am sure they will be canceled soon enough.

We see a LOT of Melvins releases right now as the merch is most likely Buzz's only source of income that is worth a darn. Spotify streams are not going to pay the bills.

Supporting the Melvins right now means you are supporting Buzz, Dale, Toshi, Haze, and Mackie. I have no idea what kind of arrangement Steven has with them, but it might be supporting him as well on some level. This also keeps Toshi's Sound of Sirens studio alive. We don't want that to dry up!

So, yeah, call it a cash grab if you like. They need to grab some cash!!!

By the way, if you need to record music - I highly recommend Sound of Sirens. Toshi is terrific to work with, has such a great ear - and knows EXACTLY what the fuck he is doing.