Which album do you most often listen to?

Started by coodies, December 30, 2019, 04:57:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prick/Colossus Of Destiny/Chicken Switch/The LOVE disc from a walk with love and death.

Prick Lp
8 (57.1%)
Colossus Of Destiny Live
4 (28.6%)
Chicken Switch Remix
0 (0%)
A Walk With Love And Death - LOVE Soundtrack
2 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 14

coodies

Mount Ambulance

It was a big night out on the town for the Id and the Reptile Brain ...

like a brick wall, like a dream waiting to be!

jules

I listen to Prick the most of those four. I need to spend more time with the Love soundtrack....

FartLips

Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

black stallion

no doubt, Prick. which, on a related note, has been my first melvins album. still love it 8)
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

))))((((

Love, since it's the newest. But COD is the best.

vince furnier

out of the 4, Prick, but really only listen to about half of it on a tape with Honky, Singles and Electroretard highlights. only listened to the whole thing a few times. Love I think one time so far. I love Scooba, but the rest was very meh and unfocused. I love a few remixes on Chicken Switch (Queen, Washingmachine Skatetronics) but the rest was either harsh noise or made no sense. COD has its moments, but I don't like Eye Flys at all and it just makes me want to hear the real mix of the set, not the (S)Adam Jones Virus mix.  :?
Welcome to my Nightmare!

Israeli billionaire dies during penis enlargement surgery

AxelFoley

The only one I listen to from time to time is Prick. Never found that record as unlistenable as most people claim, it even has what you could consider 3-4 "proper" Melvins songs. Then comes Love as there's also some interesting stuff on it.

I never considered CoD and Chicken Switch as proper Melvins albums, though, and never listened to any of them in their entirety.

))))((((

Something i noticed fairly recently is that i rarely actually even listen to any Melvins albums. I mean the occasional one now and then but not very often at all. In the last 6 months i've just played Bullhead a few weeks ago and probably nothing else proper album wise in that time. Although i do feel like going back to Crystal Fairy at the moment.

black stallion

Charmicarmicat:Bastards

Dumpster D

amazonAMAZON

Prick has the highest lifetime count of listens, but LOVE is the most frequent since its release. I really love that record. Seeing the film helped me appreciate it somewhat, but I was hooked in 2017.

coodies

Quote from: black stallion on December 31, 2019, 03:04:33 AM
no doubt, Prick. which, on a related note, has been my first melvins album. still love it 8)
That's crazy that Prick would be your introduction into the Melvins! I remember being at the music store and saw how the Melvins was written in a backwards mirrored image on the front artwork and i knew something was up with this album.  :lol:

))))((((

Quote from: coodies on January 08, 2020, 09:01:05 PM
That's crazy that Prick would be your introduction into the Melvins!
Indeed. That could have easily put many a more conventional music fan off right from the start!! Funny to think Melvins have a few records like that. Ones that an intrigued casual listener may immediately hate and simply choose not to explore further.

Colonel Cheese

my preferred order of those would be prick, love, cod, chicken switch