Author Topic: Rank how often you listen to these albums from a lot, some, a little, hardly.  (Read 1566 times)

Offline coodies

• knows moss
    • View Profile
LOVE Soundtrack
Colossus Of Destiny
Prick
Chicken Switch

Offline Mount Ambulance

• watches fox red eye
    • View Profile
COD - a lot
Chicken Switch/Prick - not a lot but more than some
LOVE - some (listened to this the least)
It was a big night out on the town for the Id and the Reptile Brain ...

WWKDD?

Offline jules

• Onion Ringoes
  • A bad mouth betrays a bad mind
    • View Profile
LOVE Soundtrack = a little
Colossus Of Destiny = a lot
Prick = a lot
Chicken Switch = hardly (probably once)
'Anything doused in any kind of curry is great'  -  spunkmonkey

'Life is silly. The appropriate response is laughter' - amazonAMAZON

Offline coodies

• knows moss
    • View Profile
Chicken Switch is long and it's hard to get past track 10 for me.

Offline black stallion

• Onion Ringoes
    • View Profile
LOVE Soundtrack = a little
Colossus Of Destiny = a lot
Prick = a lot
Chicken Switch = hardly (probably once)

for me:

Love: some
COD:hardly (but I'll do in a few minutes probably)
Prick: a lot
Chicken Switch:a little but I always loved that one
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

Offline ))))((((

• shit talking thieves
    • View Profile
I barely listen to any of them. Probably not even once a year. Maybe 'Love' a little bit since it's the newest. I don't think i've ever even listened all the way through 'Chicken Switch' in one sitting. I don't really consider that a "proper" Melvins album.

Offline coodies

• knows moss
    • View Profile
I get in moods where i want to listen to something different. That's when i play Prick.

Offline amazonAMAZON

• shit talking thieves
    • View Profile
Chicken Switch is the only one where I'd skip around. Eye and Merzbow and a handful stick out as worth repeat listening. Matmos? Was Matmos on there? I probably anally detailed my thoughts on this in Melvins Album Discussion.

Fundamentally I'd be into a new Chicken Switch, except the remixers should be limited to only the Melvins noise tracks. There were parts of Jim O'Rourke's remix (I think) that were interesting except that I'm distracted by how much I already know and love EggNog which is such sacred territory for my ears.

"Get up, open the curtains and smell the Melvins." -jules

Offline Garnz

• gardening gloves
    • View Profile
LOVE Soundtrack
Colossus Of Destiny
Prick
Chicken Switch

Chicken Switch: Not more than 4 times
The Rest: maybe once every three months
Once I left Prick in the CD-Player and forgot about it. When I played it some time later I was surprised what a nice noise album it is until I recognised it is Prick :-D

Offline coodies

• knows moss
    • View Profile
Chicken Switch is the only one where I'd skip around. Eye and Merzbow and a handful stick out as worth repeat listening. Matmos? Was Matmos on there? I probably anally detailed my thoughts on this in Melvins Album Discussion.

I know you did a detailed description of the LOVE album track by track of your thoughts about it. I'll check it out the next time i'm listening to that one!  :cheers:

Offline johnnyg

• gardening gloves
    • View Profile
I think for most people, it's the album that comes out just after you really get into the band. I got into the band after 'Nude with Boots' came out, so I was very excited for 'bride screamed murder' and 'bulls and the bees'. Lucky for me, those albums both rule. I still get pretty excited for any Melvins material. It helps that most of their albums have a "purpose" in that, each album doing something interesting and new.

Offline vince furnier

• H.F.S.P.R.!!
  • see my only mind explode, when I've gone insane!
    • View Profile
Bride was when I finally realized (after 16 years of Melvins fandom :facepalm: ) that they're just gonna do whatever the hell they want to do. two rockin albums in a row and then you get the experimental one with some rockin stuff and an ancient folk song, sung in 3 different ways.....just because!  :lol:
Welcome to my Nightmare!

"uh no, but we do know that meezer is vince furnier" - brian

Offline ))))((((

• shit talking thieves
    • View Profile
Bride was when I finally realized that they're just gonna do whatever the hell they want to do.
It's grown on me over the years but i still sort of lament "what could have been" with that record. Most of it is great but nothing deflates me more than The Water Glass. It starts off all, completely badass and you think "this record is sooooo going to rule" and then the guitars disappear and the song breaks into that not-so-great, slightly cringy, army call and response bit.

Offline amazonAMAZON

• shit talking thieves
    • View Profile
Water Glass fucking rules. Seeing that live with bb was always a highlight. Having spent some youth summers in military camp helps. When you've marched through a humid afternoon with left, right, left and then the patrol leader hits a cadence and goes "double time"... Your legs are aching and you have to strat running in formation or get trampled. So that track makes me nostalgic for a situation that sucked, I guess.
"Get up, open the curtains and smell the Melvins." -jules

Offline FartLips

• Onion Ringoes
  • Lollars
    • View Profile
Bride was when I finally realized that they're just gonna do whatever the hell they want to do.
It's grown on me over the years but i still sort of lament "what could have been" with that record. Most of it is great but nothing deflates me more than The Water Glass. It starts off all, completely badass and you think "this record is sooooo going to rule" and then the guitars disappear and the song breaks into that not-so-great, slightly cringy, army call and response bit.
and they did it forever live. gah.
mount ambulance  "... tho it's hard to compete when my eyes keep getting distracted by Grim's juicy ass!"