The Melvins in 2020...

Started by johnnyg, December 31, 2019, 10:32:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnyg

Ok! 2019 was a relatively slow year for the Melvins (but for most other bands, it would be considered "highly productive.") What will they release in 2020?! Will we get the rumored 'history of rock' album? More collabs? An interesting tour, perhaps? Who has the inside info? What do you hope they'll release?

Also, Winter is when they usually record. Does anyone know what they're up to?

Mount Ambulance

It was a big night out on the town for the Id and the Reptile Brain ...

like a brick wall, like a dream waiting to be!

black stallion

Charmicarmicat:Bastards

))))((((

Quote from: johnnyg on December 31, 2019, 10:32:43 AM
Winter is when they usually record. Does anyone know what they're up to?
Dale mentioned in some recent interview that he was recording lots over this Winter. Whether that is Melvins material or something else (solo, Redd Kross, Off! etc) is anyone's guess though. All we know is that Buzz has another solo record planned. However im hopeful of something more substantial (outside of AmRep EP's) from Melvins in 2020.

Mount Ambulance

oh yeah, Void Manes collab  and  Buzzo (solo) w/ Dunn ... that's what I'm hoping for.
It was a big night out on the town for the Id and the Reptile Brain ...

like a brick wall, like a dream waiting to be!

Bigval

The only thing that has been mentioned for this year is the Buzz 'solo' album with Dunn and tour together.

I think I read someone else say at the start of their last tour they spoke to Buzz and he said Crover has a degenerative back condition now and can't tour/do Melvins as much in future which is probably the reason for the Buzz & Dunn album/tour without Crover.

))))((((

Quote from: Bigval on December 31, 2019, 08:29:58 PM
Crover has a degenerative back condition now and can't tour/do Melvins as much
So sad.

Bigval

Quote from: ))))(((( on December 31, 2019, 08:38:58 PM
Quote from: Bigval on December 31, 2019, 08:29:58 PM
Crover has a degenerative back condition now and can't tour/do Melvins as much
:(

I know it sucks but it happens. Older heavier bands often go and get young drummers because it's the hardest most physical instrument to play especially when you're pounding the skins.

Dumpster D

Damn Dale, sorry to hear that, I hope he's ok man.  :(

black stallion

that sounds totally new to me, I mean about Dale's condition. that massive tour they did after he had the back injury went really well, he had no particular problem playing two sets each night for two months straight. also a Redd Kross European tour is already planned. as for Buzz touring without Crover, he already did it in the past..when his solo record came out

check this interview, he talks about his back problems saying he's doing well

https://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/music/melvins-redd-kross-crescent-ballroom-november-4-11377842
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

hemispheres

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7-4Eetj33c9BgKiKCQYMkw
Subscribe to my Youtube channel if you want to know the truth.

vince furnier

3 dozen Melvins Lite tracks still unreleased???  :shock:
Welcome to my Nightmare!

Israeli billionaire dies during penis enlargement surgery

Bigval

Quote from: black stallion on January 01, 2020, 04:51:07 PM
that sounds totally new to me, I mean about Dale's condition. that massive tour they did after he had the back injury went really well, he had no particular problem playing two sets each night for two months straight. also a Redd Kross European tour is already planned. as for Buzz touring without Crover, he already did it in the past..when his solo record came out

check this interview, he talks about his back problems saying he's doing well

https://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/music/melvins-redd-kross-crescent-ballroom-november-4-11377842

I posted late and should've gone and re-read the post in question before I posted but I perhaps erroneously assumed that he can't tour/do Melvins as much anymore although the Buzz/Dunn tour seems very coincidental. I think Crover might be publicly playing down the extent of his back problems understandably.

This was according to Buzz at the beginning of the tour in September:

QuoteTalked to Buzz and the Trevor Dunn collaboration is half finished. Based on our conversation he'll be touring with Trevor and Redd Kross is going to Europe. Dale's back is very debilitating. That's it.

http://www.themelvins.net/forum/index.php?topic=22456.msg636955#msg636955

Bigval

Quote from: vince furnier on January 02, 2020, 05:19:48 AM

Buzz has said before that at the time they recorded Freak Puke they recorded about 50 songs with Dunn.

vince furnier

Quote from: Bigval on January 02, 2020, 07:25:12 AM
Quote from: vince furnier on January 02, 2020, 05:19:48 AM

Buzz has said before that at the time they recorded Freak Puke they recorded about 50 songs with Dunn.
i'm pretty sure that's what I just said, Ace  :lol:
Welcome to my Nightmare!

Israeli billionaire dies during penis enlargement surgery