Author Topic: The Melvins in 2020...  (Read 3932 times)

Offline ))))((((

• knows moss
    • View Profile
Re: The Melvins in 2020...
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2020, 08:41:38 AM »
Buzz has said before that at the time they recorded Freak Puke they recorded about 50 songs with Dunn.
Well, i've always thought that the 3 tracks on Everybody Loves Sausages and 'Planet Destructo' on Basses Loaded were at least four of those 50. I'd be surprised if they weren't.

Offline Bigval

• H.F.S.P.R.!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2020, 05:14:21 PM »
3 dozen Melvins Lite tracks still unreleased???  :shock:

Buzz has said before that at the time they recorded Freak Puke they recorded about 50 songs with Dunn.
i'm pretty sure that's what I just said, Ace  :lol:

Hey bud you asked the question???

Offline hemispheres

• shit talking thieves
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2020, 08:49:48 PM »
Hopefully two Atlanta dates and a Chattanooga, TN surprise visit to make up for my not seeing them last year

Offline glen

• Global Moderator
  • MITROWSKI!!!
    • View Profile
    • www.glenisabanana.com
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2020, 01:25:44 PM »
so nobody saw that news about MELVINS touring CA in February with Hepa Titus and the cunts?

apologies if I'm late to the game.   

Feb. 5, 2020
San Diego, CA
Casbash

Feb. 6, 2020
Pioneertown, CA
Pappy and Harriet's

Feb. 7, 2020
LA, CA
Fonda Theatre

Feb. 9, 2020
Bakersfield, CA
Temblor Brewing Company

Feb. 10, 2020
Fresno, CA
Strummers

Feb. 11, 2020
Sacramento, CA
Goldfield Trading Post

Feb. 12, 2020
SF, CA
Slim's

Feb. 14, 2020
Petaluma, CA
Mystic Theatre

Feb. 15, 2020
Felton, CA
Felton Music Hall

Feb. 16, 2020
Los Osos, CA
Sweet Springs Saloon

Feb. 17, 2020
Santa Barbara, CA
Velvet Jones
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
 (signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

Offline ))))((((

• knows moss
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2020, 09:12:58 AM »
Im sitting here listening to 'A Walk With...' and wishing to have some exciting Melvins news arrive down the pipeline. Come on Melvins!!! I need new album updates here! I want some album announcement to get eager to hear all about 'Pinkus Abortion Technician' was almost 2 years ago now! In my dreams, 2020 would be like 2013 or 2016 all over again. Two new albums in the same year!!

Offline amazonAMAZON

• speaks bocce
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2020, 04:05:20 AM »
Black Heath still rules. Might be the most outstanding Buzz penned song release of the last three years. I really want more studio songs from the trio.

Also what happened to the Sylvia Massey session?

And of course any new Buzz solo material or Dunn collab.

Mr Bungle was awesome tonight. Full on thrash plus two palette cleansing covers.
"Get up, open the curtains and smell the Melvins." -jules

Offline ))))((((

• knows moss
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2020, 05:11:13 AM »
Black Heath still rules. Might be the most outstanding Buzz penned song release of the last three years.
I agree. It's definitely up there.

Also what happened to the Sylvia Massey session?
I think Buzz said in an interview that the session was just for the TV show. So i guess there won't be anything released "from" that. Which is a bit odd.

And of course any new Buzz solo material or Dunn collab.
Yes!!!! I can't wait. It's rare i say this regarding most Melvins related things, but i absolutely loved This Machine Kills Artists. Looking forward to hearing this Buzz & Trevor (Melvins Extra Lite???) record.

Online vince furnier

• godfather of grunge
  • see my only mind explode, when I've gone insane!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2020, 06:47:27 AM »
Ipecac on fb - "next week"

:shock:
Welcome to my Nightmare!

"uh no, but we do know that meezer is vince furnier" - brian

Offline ))))((((

• knows moss
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2020, 08:07:34 AM »
Woah!!!!!! Are we sure that's Melvins related though!! I suppose we'll find out next week! It's definitely Mackie art so either Melvins or the Buzzo solo album. Damn, now im going to be checking the Ipecac pages like crazy from Monday onwards!!

I must say - this point is always the most exciting to me! I want to know number of tracks! Song names! Album length! Line-up! What it sounds like! Inspirations etc etc etc! These types of things are always when im at my most super-fan-ish!!

Offline black stallion

• MITROWSKI!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2020, 11:53:52 AM »
it might be the new Buzz solo
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

Offline amazonAMAZON

• speaks bocce
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2020, 02:06:30 PM »
I could see this sea creatures on top of the ruined ToraX3 posted recently.

"Get up, open the curtains and smell the Melvins." -jules

Offline ))))((((

• knows moss
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2020, 04:23:24 PM »
Every new year that comes round i think to myself "perhaps this will be the year where Melvins go crazy with releases!" you know 4 albums in 12 months or something like that! Remember a few years ago when Ipecac released 13 Omar Rodriguez-Lopez albums in one year!!! Wish they would do that for Melvins. It would be really fun to witness.

Offline Bigval

• H.F.S.P.R.!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2020, 11:50:55 PM »
Every new year that comes round i think to myself "perhaps this will be the year where Melvins go crazy with releases!" you know 4 albums in 12 months or something like that! Remember a few years ago when Ipecac released 13 Omar Rodriguez-Lopez albums in one year!!! Wish they would do that for Melvins. It would be really fun to witness.

As I understand it Omar is quite a bit more prolific than the Melvins are I think he's released over a hundred albums and weren't all of those ones on Ipecac just digital releases? Anyway that's all over now after the Crystal Fairy shamozzle.

Offline GrimReaper

• MITROWSKI!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2020, 07:26:55 AM »

Offline johnnyg

• gardening gloves
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2020, 07:46:27 AM »

Genuine question - Melvins are one of the most prolific rock bands and at least to me, all their material ranges from very good to excellent. The last ten years have been a boon in my opinion. I feel like every Melvins album is made with a specific purpose or agenda.

But, could even Melvins put out 13 good albums in a year? I'm not a Mars Volta fan at all- is that OR-L stuff good at all... or is it just quantiity?

I think I'd rather have 1 excellent album, or even 1 album made with a purpose, than 13 okay ones made just to be made.