von grip

holy shit, i am beyond psyched for this reissue- still have the og cd

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-cHXs9JH2G/
"im ol' south!"

rimb

Quote from: laptop sorcery on April 02, 2020, 03:49:01 PM

If only it was a better quality recording....

von grip

"im ol' south!"

moose

Well, we'll always have "In the Air Tonight." Will that be your most enduring song?
You know, that song won't lie down. It just won't go away. I mean, there's a Mike Tyson moment associated with it now. It's just bizarre. I guess it has a bit of mystery, a lot of atmosphere, and the drums coming in, pinning people to the wall.

glen

I wonder what it took to get the rights to this recording.  I do not believe it was originally owned by MELVINS.   my guess it was somewhere's in the neighborhood of a buck, two fifty.

"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

Chief Ten Beers

Quote from: glen on April 03, 2020, 02:32:03 PM

I wonder what it took to get the rights to this recording.  I do not believe it was originally owned by MELVINS.   my guess it was somewhere's in the neighborhood of a buck, two fifty.

I have the orig CD too. It was on AmRep, so there are no legal issues. Maybe you're thinking of Your Choice Live Series(Germany '91)?

jules

Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on April 03, 2020, 04:49:19 PM

I have the orig CD too. It was on AmRep, so there are no legal issues. Maybe you're thinking of Your Choice Live Series(Germany '91)?

Does glen have to resit an exam now or submit to an internal Board of Enquiry to continue enjoying his Mod privileges?

black stallion

Quote from: jules on April 05, 2020, 03:18:12 AM
Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on April 03, 2020, 04:49:19 PM

Does glen have to resit an exam now or submit to an internal Board of Enquiry to continue enjoying his Mod privileges?

:lol:
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

glen

a definite sign I need to take a grasp of my quarantine weed intake.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.

von grip

Quote from: glen on April 07, 2020, 10:43:50 AM
a definite sign I need to take a grasp of my quarantine weed intake.

8) man my edbile intake has been UP as of lately
"im ol' south!"

jules

Anyone else waiting for ticket refunds from this year's cancellations? I'm good except for Pittsburgh. Eventbrite said my refund would be automatic, but it never arrived. American finally refunded me my flight money today, too.

jonE5

Quote from: jules on July 11, 2020, 07:14:44 AM
Anyone else waiting for ticket refunds from this year's cancellations? I'm good except for Pittsburgh. Eventbrite said my refund would be automatic, but it never arrived. American finally refunded me my flight money today, too.

Mine finally came through but it took weeks to happen

glen

hey bring up that 2015 Detroit System of a Down show that I got fucked on and keep beating to death over and over year after year while you're at it, would ya?

jules

Quote from: jules on July 11, 2020, 07:14:44 AM

Quote from: jonE5 on July 14, 2020, 08:06:56 AM
Mine finally came through but it took weeks to happen

Quote from: glen on July 14, 2020, 01:04:16 PM
hey bring up that 2015 Detroit System of a Down show that I got fucked on and keep beating to death over and over year after year while you're at it, would ya?

Finally the Pittsburgh refund arrived. I'm surprised Glen hasn't mentioned his Detroit fiasco before.    :hg:

Chief Ten Beers

I haven't gotten my Buffalo tik refund, but I'm not too worried about it yet. Basically I paid cash at After Dark Presents box office, and as of now their phones go to voicemail. They deal w/ E-Tix and are saying contact them for online order refunds. I'm not driving downtown to knock on their door for $20. I'm hoping later in the year they "reopen" and I can get the cash back. Same goes w/ tix for The Sword, and Uncle Acid from same place.

Got my refunds on the way for the two priciest tix I bought in March - paypal refund from Eventbrite for Primus - Tribute To Kings, and I got a check coming in the mail for King Crimson/Zappa band. Both of those have set dates for 2021, but I opted on refund. If things get "normal" by then, I'd buy again, but I wouldn't bet on it.