Author Topic: King Buzzo with Trevor Dunn GIFT OF SACRIFICE album - Aug 2020  (Read 7635 times)

Offline benton netty

• gardening gloves
    • View Profile
Re: King Buzzo with Trevor Dunn GIFT OF SACRIFICE album - Aug 2020
« Reply #105 on: April 27, 2020, 06:12:29 PM »
Pssst...this is out there in the wild. Trevor's additions really give it a lot of atmosphere and depth. The songs are less "Melvins demos" (which is what "This Machine Kills Artists" sounded like, to me) and more their own thing, even if you've heard compositions like this from Buzz many times.  If you like ambient Melvins, this is your lucky day. Might also feature some of Buzz' finest clean singing -- he hits a few super-high notes on this.

Offline Stonergrunge

• godfather of grunge
  • Julk-Ælk Burokk
    • View Profile
    • My Soundcloud page
Re: King Buzzo with Trevor Dunn GIFT OF SACRIFICE album - May 2020
« Reply #106 on: April 28, 2020, 10:42:48 PM »
it looks like the album release is postponed... Ipecac source

Bandcamp shows three release dates, 8/14/2020, July 14, 2020 and April 30, 2020:

https://kingbuzzo.bandcamp.com/album/gift-of-sacrifice-out-8-14-2020

item ships out on or around April 30, 2020

cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love.
Foot fetishism means love, because, it's the magic of feet odor... Long live depravation.

Offline black stallion

• MITROWSKI!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 29, 2020, 04:06:30 AM »
Pssst...this is out there in the wild. Trevor's additions really give it a lot of atmosphere and depth. The songs are less "Melvins demos" (which is what "This Machine Kills Artists" sounded like, to me) and more their own thing, even if you've heard compositions like this from Buzz many times.  If you like ambient Melvins, this is your lucky day. Might also feature some of Buzz' finest clean singing -- he hits a few super-high notes on this.

:love:
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

Offline black stallion

• MITROWSKI!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 04, 2020, 04:19:25 PM »
it looks like the album release is postponed... Ipecac source

Bandcamp shows three release dates, 8/14/2020, July 14, 2020 and April 30, 2020:

https://kingbuzzo.bandcamp.com/album/gift-of-sacrifice-out-8-14-2020

item ships out on or around April 30, 2020

:-k
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

Offline ))))((((

• knows moss
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 05, 2020, 04:49:23 AM »
I noticed that as well. It's all a bit of a fuck up isn't it. In fact it's kind of amazing to me that a company such as Ipecac (assuming it is they who run it) are so poor at correcting something like that.

Offline CoryCory

• gardening gloves
  • 2008 - 2019, 2020 - ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 06, 2020, 08:47:46 AM »
I noticed that as well. It's all a bit of a fuck up isn't it. In fact it's kind of amazing to me that a company such as Ipecac (assuming it is they who run it) are so poor at correcting something like that.

They ain't the only one. Heavy Psych Sounds have been pretty wonky with their delays and some of their releases this year too. To be fair they're based out of Italy so they got hit pretty hard in the pandemic.

Offline ))))((((

• knows moss
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 07, 2020, 05:45:42 AM »
My review of Gift Of Sacrifice!

Someone sent me a link to hear the album so being eager to hear it i did so. After two listens so far, it gets a solid 7/10 from me for now. The double bass sounds immense on headphones! Lots of synth here too. It's interesting that there is some synth work at the end of almost every "regular" song!! Personally im not sure if i like that or not yet. Those bits are not really parts of the song but additions tacked onto the end which im not sure works very well. When i first heard about a new Buzzo solo record i was excited. To me, his first one was brilliant. An easy 9/10. The best thing he's done or been involved in since (A)SA. Whereas 'Gift Of Sacrifice' doesn't hit me as vital at all. It's good and enjoyable but feels almost like an EP. Not because of it's length but more due to those fewer songs and synth interludes. I really must get around to giving the Kiss original of 'Shock Me' a listen. 'Mock She' is fun at the end. All in all this album will probably grow on me a bit more though and it does sound very Melvins Lite which was to be expected and isn't a bad thing.

Offline AxelFoley

• merch vulture
  • This is the cleanest & nicest board I've ever been
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 08, 2020, 07:16:26 AM »

Offline CoryCory

• gardening gloves
  • 2008 - 2019, 2020 - ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 08, 2020, 10:39:18 AM »
Definitely curious to hear this one is Dunn is going weirdo jazz bass clinic to compliment Buzzo's hammering acoustics.

Offline laptop sorcery

• knows moss
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 08, 2020, 03:55:14 PM »
Definitely curious to hear this one is Dunn is going weirdo jazz bass clinic to compliment Buzzo's hammering acoustics.
hell yeah!
"im ol' south!"

Offline Topaz

• Fears SNIVLEM
  • Denigrater
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 18, 2020, 07:48:02 PM »
Im ever so slightly disappointed it wasn't a "proper" Melvins album but still this is excellent news!!! His first solo record is one of the best things he's done in the past 15 years and Freak Puke (with Dunn) was pretty great too. Hopefully this will hit those same dizzy heights. The mention of the modular synth is interesting too! Makes me think of what they did on some of the songs on Tres Cabrones. I wonder what Dale will do while Buzz is away on tour - another Crover solo record??

Sounds great!

I know. It would have been great to have a proper Melvins release. Oh well. This will give me a chance to check out the first solo album. I like the two singles from the new solo record.