King Buzzo with Trevor Dunn

Started by bUTTHOLEmAN, February 09, 2020, 09:55:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GiveMe45

Alive At The Fucker Club - Haze edition.  Heard it might be a little more spendy than 6 pack but it's to slightly compensate for the band not being able to tour.  Supposed to be regular factory run later at more normal price.  Really want one but I've spent way too much lately on vinyl.  We'll see how I'm feeling Sunday morning....

Quote from: 01001010 on April 17, 2020, 02:12:51 PM
Umm, no.... what am I missing?

Quote from: jules on April 17, 2020, 01:54:06 PM
Quote from: 01001010 on April 17, 2020, 01:27:28 PM
He didn't send me the memo about this release
Did you get the memo about the Fucker Club on Sunday?

bUTTHOLEmAN

The spendy part worries me. $40 is 'spendy' enough, as it is. If they need money as a band, there's tons of ways to get it without reaming the fan base.
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

Bigval

Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on April 18, 2020, 12:11:07 AM
The spendy part worries me. $40 is 'spendy' enough, as it is. If they need money as a band, there's tons of ways to get it without reaming the fan base.

These limited edition vinyls are precisely that milking the fan base.

Ah, thanks for that. I don't step in the facebooks or instagrams or anything else that looks like something you wouldn't want to step in, so I reckon I miss the occasional doubloon that might actually be worth something. Usually it's a fair trade (meaning usually I'm not really missing all that much); once in a blue moon I guess something like these limited releases get past me. Oh well. I've been known to pay a little extra for a good time, but then I guess I do expect to have a really good time, y'know?

Ah yes, this is the analogy I was looking for.... describes Record Store Day to a T, along with all the other labels, etc, who take music fans for easy marks...
Quote from: The Magic Christian (wiki)
Guy fills up a huge vat with urine, blood and animal excrement and adds to it thousands of bank notes. Attracting a crowd of onlookers by announcing "Free money!", Grand successfully entices the city's workers to recover the cash. The sequence concludes with many members of the crowd submerging themselves, in order to retrieve money that had sunk beneath the surface

Quote from: GiveMe45 on April 17, 2020, 08:31:22 PM
Alive At The Fucker Club - Haze edition.  Heard it might be a little more spendy than 6 pack but it's to slightly compensate for the band not being able to tour.  Supposed to be regular factory run later at more normal price.  Really want one but I've spent way too much lately on vinyl.  We'll see how I'm feeling Sunday morning....

Quote from: 01001010 on April 17, 2020, 02:12:51 PM
Umm, no.... what am I missing?

Quote from: jules on April 17, 2020, 01:54:06 PM
Quote from: 01001010 on April 17, 2020, 01:27:28 PM
He didn't send me the memo about this release
Did you get the memo about the Fucker Club on Sunday?

jules

My Six Packs arrived today, 30 March to 07 May, a new record.

von grip

Quote from: jules on May 07, 2020, 11:00:44 AM
My Six Packs arrived today, 30 March to 07 May, a new record.

:lol:
"im ol' south!"

Alex-

I've ordered the Six Pack record and various cd's April 13th but it still hasn't arrived. :( I read on Shoxop that there are lots of international delays but are there others that still haven't received their package?

jules

Quote from: Alex- on May 17, 2020, 09:56:46 AM
I've ordered the Six Pack record and various cd's April 13th but it still hasn't arrived. :( I read on Shoxop that there are lots of international delays but are there others that still haven't received their package?
My Six Pack took 6 weeks to arrive if that helps. I'm assuming that's the average time for a parcel to Europe at the moment.

Alex-

Quote from: jules on May 17, 2020, 10:41:40 AM
My Six Pack took 6 weeks to arrive if that helps. I'm assuming that's the average time for a parcel to Europe at the moment.

Thanks Jules, then it should be alright. Crazy times. and good luck with scoring the Electroretard later this evening.

jules

Quote from: Alex- on May 17, 2020, 11:42:40 AM
Quote from: jules on May 17, 2020, 10:41:40 AM

Thanks Jules, then it should be alright. Crazy times. and good luck with scoring the Electroretard later this evening.
Thanks, and you too!

Ummm.... is there any other way to know about these releases besides bending over and taking it from behind from facebook?

amazonAMAZON

Be here all the time, I guess.

jonE5

Quote from: 01001010 on May 18, 2020, 09:02:18 PM
Ummm.... is there any other way to know about these releases besides bending over and taking it from behind from facebook?

Follow HAZE and AmRep on Facebook and IG

There has been one thing or another on sale almost every Sunday for the last few months (and everything is sold out in 5 min  :lol:  )

von grip

"im glad i could help out" flat out rules
"im ol' south!"