King Buzzo with Trevor Dunn

Started by bUTTHOLEmAN, February 09, 2020, 09:55:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chief Ten Beers

Has Buzz recently commented on why the 3 month delay on the full length release? Yeah, I know Covid shit, plant closings, etc. Who the fuck makes the CDs for Ipecac? Are other Ipecac releases getting this long a delay? Maybe they need a better manufacturer. Haze is still pumping out AmRep CDs. Zappa Records announced a new live 4-CD 1970 set last month that's out in a few weeks through Universal.

Bigval

Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on June 10, 2020, 05:30:19 PM
Has Buzz recently commented on why the 3 month delay on the full length release? Yeah, I know Covid shit, plant closings, etc. Who the fuck makes the CDs for Ipecac? Are other Ipecac releases getting this long a delay? Maybe they need a better manufacturer. Haze is still pumping out AmRep CDs. Zappa Records announced a new live 4-CD 1970 set last month that's out in a few weeks through Universal.

It's likely the albums were manufactured ages ago and they're sitting on them during the covid-19 thing because Buzz/Dunn can't tour during it and putting out an album without any touring to promote it isn't the greatest idea.

Chief Ten Beers

Quote from: Bigval on June 10, 2020, 08:21:48 PM
Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on June 10, 2020, 05:30:19 PM

It's likely the albums were manufactured ages ago and they're sitting on them during the covid-19 thing because Buzz/Dunn can't tour during it and putting out an album without any touring to promote it isn't the greatest idea.

If that's so, then that's a bad business strategy. Put the fucking thing out and sell some units. Tour when you can, and if the album has been selling well, people will turn out to see it live.  A band like Clutch puts out an album and there's literally a 1-2 yr cycle of touring with breaks before the next album comes out.

))))((((

Im going to say something a little controversial now......

In my opinion the album isn't actually that great.

Don't get me wrong it's good. I've listened to it a few times now and it's certainly that but i don't personally deem it a record i feel like going back to over and over again. Which, for instance is something i definitely more often do with a recently released Melvins album. For me Gift Of Sacrifice is not a patch on his first solo record. Although to be fair, this is quite clearly it's own different thing and shouldn't really be compared to what came before. Im really eager to hear what the rest of you folks think about the record in due course. Whether you agree in some sense with my own take or have very different impressions.

Dumpster D

Quote from: ))))(((( on June 11, 2020, 07:01:18 PM
Im going to say something a little controversial now......

In my opinion the album isn't actually that great.  8-[

Don't get me wrong it's good. I've listened to it a few times now and it's certainly that but i don't personally deem it a record i feel like going back to over and over again. Which, for instance is something i definitely more often do with a recently released Melvins album. For me Gift Of Sacrifice is not a patch on his first solo record. Although to be fair, this is quite clearly it's own different thing and shouldn't really be compared to what came before. Im really eager to hear what the rest of you folks think about the record in due course. Whether you agree in some sense with my own take or have very different impressions.

I haven't heard it, I will wait and pay for it like an honest to god fan.

))))((((

Quote from: Dumpster D on June 11, 2020, 07:05:39 PM
I haven't heard it, I will wait and pay for it like an honest to god fan.
Don't worry, i'll be buying it too. I always do with the Ipecac Melvins/Buzz stuff. Think the only recent thing that got a wide release which i didn't buy was the Dale solo record. I wasn't too into that one. I do always like to hear an album first before buying it or not.

Chief Ten Beers

If the LPs are already pressed and packaged and in "storage", I'd bet they're sitting in boxes in an uncontrolled environment, just in time for summer. Buyer beware! :lol:

black stallion

not sure what to think. i like it but probably i still prefer TMKA which sounded more raw and more complete as a whole
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

CoryCory

I like the record but by the time the CD shows up to my house I got a sinking feeling my excitement might dim a little. This actually happened with some records that got delayed last year.

Bigval

Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on June 11, 2020, 06:55:07 PM
If that's so, then that's a bad business strategy. Put the fucking thing out and sell some units. Tour when you can, and if the album has been selling well, people will turn out to see it live.  A band like Clutch puts out an album and there's literally a 1-2 yr cycle of touring with breaks before the next album comes out.

Dez Fafara from Devildriver on his new album release:

QuoteAccording to Fafara, the original plan was to release "Dealing With Demons I" a few months ago. "The record that was done — mid-2019, it was in the can, done, both records — [but it was pushed back] because of everything we were going through as a family," he said. "I wasn't about to leave my wife and go on tour or do any of that... Also, I've gotta say, a lot of bands now are pulling back their records, pulling back their music, [because] it's not a good business move to release a record — you can't tour on it, et cetera. I'm doing the exact opposite. It's what I've done my whole life. And I'm releasing music during this time.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/devildrivers-dez-fafara-says-nothing-has-changed-in-his-life-under-quarantine/

(the) Razor

Quote from: black stallion on June 12, 2020, 09:13:16 AM
not sure what to think. i like it but probably i still prefer TMKA which sounded more raw and more complete as a whole

I just never expected a follow up album, so glad it was released. Anything Trevor records is a bonus too!
Don't click this

black stallion

Quote from: (the) Razor on June 24, 2020, 05:40:28 AM
Quote from: black stallion on June 12, 2020, 09:13:16 AM

I just never expected a follow up album, so glad it was released. Anything Trevor records is a bonus too!

yeah, true. it's very good.. more "Melvins Lite" than solo Buzz
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

#2 Pencil

Posted April 14. Delivered June 26.

My King Buzzo with Trevor Dunn was processed in Sydney today.
Posted on March 29.
I heard their periods attract bears

jules

Quote from: #2 Pencil on June 29, 2020, 11:49:51 PM

Posted on March 29.
Three months! How long's it got left to travel?

#2 Pencil

Quote from: jules on June 30, 2020, 07:43:49 AM
Quote from: #2 Pencil on June 29, 2020, 11:49:51 PM

Posted on March 29.
Three months! How long's it got left to travel?

Coming to Melbourne, so maybe Friday.
I heard their periods attract bears