King Buzzo with Trevor Dunn

Started by bUTTHOLEmAN, February 09, 2020, 09:55:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

black stallion

Quote from: ))))(((( on July 04, 2020, 04:46:04 AM
Just wanted to say 'Housing, Luxury, Energy' is such a good song. My favourite on the new album and definitely a grower. To me it doesn't really quite sound like anything Buzz has done before. Very emotive sounding at the start.

"we were certain,
we're out of line,
he might be wrong,
Just to get along"

seconded
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

amazonAMAZON

I can't wait to hear it (but I will resist the temptation to pirate.) I love when Buzz goes somewhere he's never gone before. "Kicking Machine" or "You Knew I Was Crazy" or "Black Heath" or "Goose Freight Train" or "Black Bock" all come to mind.

black stallion

Quote from: amazonAMAZON on July 25, 2020, 08:04:49 PM
I can't wait to hear it (but I will resist the temptation to pirate.) I love when Buzz goes somewhere he's never gone before. "Kicking Machine" or "You Knew I Was Crazy" or "Black Heath" or "Goose Freight Train" or "Black Bock" all come to mind.

new album is great, Trevor adds a lot. wish it was a bit longer. first probably still remain my favourite!
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

))))((((

Yeah, i agree, it's not as good as his first solo record, but then it is a very different entity in it's own way too. It's grown on me a bit.

jules

from the nextmosh review:
Pitchfork succinctly dubbed the collection "a refreshing breath of unplugged f**k-it-all folk."

Wow. Two lazy reviews in one.
Buzz should really punch both them right in the mush.

#2 Pencil

Quote from: (the) Razor on July 02, 2020, 06:27:31 AM
At least you're getting updates. No word, think Ipecac just went and stole my hard earned.

Although I bought via Bandcamp so...

I got confirmation today that "Gift of Sacrifice" has shipped.
I heard their periods attract bears

Jozzy

Quote from: #2 Pencil on August 05, 2020, 08:38:42 PM
At least you're getting updates. No word, think Ipecac just went and stole my hard earned.

Same here.

GiveMe45

Quote from: Jozzy on August 06, 2020, 08:53:53 AM
Quote from: #2 Pencil on August 05, 2020, 08:38:42 PM

Same here.
Me too.  I'm likely not going to be in town next week and it's supposed to be 80s/90s so unless I want a melted pink blob in my mailbox I need to have someone check my mail for me

Ah, that gives me hope; if another Oregon resident was notified, then hopefully I will hear something soon as well!

GiveMe45

Ok, my tracking status still says Aug 5 - Shipping label created

Maybe it actually won't be delivered until I'm back in Oregon....

jules

Quote from: GiveMe45 on August 10, 2020, 10:54:53 AM

If it was sent Media Mail, it will spend at least a week in Florida before it even thinks about travelling north again.

Oh sure, that makes sense. I keep forgetting not to get my hopes up when I get a notification telling me that something has been shipped.
Typically, what that *really* means, is that they printed out the label, and it will sit there until their mail delivery day, when it actually makes it to the Post Office.
I'm still being optimistic, though, that I will actually get to hear this record before 2021!

GiveMe45

Quote from: GiveMe45 on August 10, 2020, 10:54:53 AM

Tracking literally just changed to Accepted and estimated delivery is Tuesday the 18th and I will be back in Oregon.  Works for me!

I scored a copy of Sludge Glamorous recently and after no updates for a week it was delivered today.  Luckily was able to get a coworker to drive by and grab it and leave it at my office.