Author Topic: Cunts - Sweet Springs Saloon, Los Osos, CA, 2020 February 16th  (Read 2445 times)

Online black stallion

• MITROWSKI!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Cunts - Sweet Springs Saloon, Los Osos, CA, 2020 February 16th
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2020, 06:52:06 AM »
yeah 'contrasting' is right. maybe he's having a midlife crisis haha.  more power to him, but it felt kind of like a low-rent david yow. the sweat-flinging shtick was amusing but got tired quick.
I know what you mean. I think it's really difficult to know one way or the other. I listened to that (very excellent and interesting) interview with Matt (above) a few days ago and it did make me wonder about authenticity. How he mentions GG Allen and other punk frontmen. Essentially in living up to that sort of role. Also how he, himself said he sometimes feels conscious of having to "put on" a show. I thought this was particularly compelling. I mean the same could be said for any act really, even Melvins. I mean when you see them rehearse they aren't moving around or anything, rather it all looks very business-like. So this does bring up the issue of a gig being an exaggeration or a sort of falsehood. Of not really being completely true in some way. Im sure even David Yow does the same too. He has his stage persona which is him but also perhaps not him.

haven't heard these guys but hope they can be better than Qui. looks like both QUI members are now involved in other (more intetesting) projects
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

Offline ))))((((

• sun ra was right
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2020, 08:49:12 AM »
haven't heard these guys but hope they can be better than Qui. looks like both QUI members are now involved in other (more intetesting) projects
After listening to the Cunts album a few times - yes (IMO) definitely better than Qui. Or at least anything Qui that doesn't feature David Yow. I wouldn't say it's a brilliant punk/hardcore record but it's certainly a good one.

Offline deatheats

• watches fox red eye
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2020, 10:19:34 AM »
That's Kevin's wife Mow Skwoz:

https://hepa-titus.bandcamp.com/album/suicide-is-painless-art-by-mow-skwoz-download

Ahh, cool.  When I saw her doing merch at the S.F. show I swear I'd seen her before.
She has got a really cool and unique artistic style.

Offline GrimReaper

• MITROWSKI!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2020, 06:48:08 PM »
yeah 'contrasting' is right. maybe he's having a midlife crisis haha.  more power to him, but it felt kind of like a low-rent david yow. the sweat-flinging shtick was amusing but got tired quick.

Three months later and the sweat throwing now takes on more serious examination with the COVID-19 lock downs. A part of the stage act I know, but really a bad idea.

The stage spitting in England gave a bunch of band members Hep the story goes. People spitting at a band to show appreciation... WTF?

Offline Bigval

• H.F.S.P.R.!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2020, 03:27:17 AM »
People spitting at a band to show appreciation... WTF?

Offline ))))((((

• sun ra was right
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2020, 07:33:01 AM »
Since there's no Cunts page in the music section, i'll mention it here - i see the band have a new song 'The Nail' coming out soon for a compilation. They shot a video for it too.

https://www.instagram.com/c_u_n_t_s_l_a/

Also as a side note, i must say between Retox, Cunts and Dead Cross guitarist Michael Crain has been in some great bands!!! Not quite as many as Joe Preston yet though!

Online black stallion

• MITROWSKI!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2020, 08:03:38 AM »

Also as a side note, i must say between Retox, Cunts and Dead Cross guitarist Michael Crain has been in some great bands!!! Not quite as many as Joe Preston yet though!

ah, yeah..that's true!
Charmicarmicat:Bastards