King Buzzo with Trevor Dunn GIFT OF SACRIFICE album - Aug 2020

Started by amazonAMAZON, February 24, 2020, 03:16:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dumpster D

Quote from: (the) Razor on February 29, 2020, 03:18:50 AM
At least you get the chance to go

Damn straight! worth all the hassle...I guess my point is, hats off to these nut bars for sticking with it for the last 35 Freakin' years. 

amazonAMAZON

Stonergrunge

Ok, I'm ready with the pre-order of the CD on Bandcamp.
cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love.
Foot fetishism means love, because, it's the magic of feet odor... Long live depravation.

vince furnier

Quote from: Stonergrunge on March 03, 2020, 07:05:16 PM
does that work better than ordering stuff directly from AmRep?
Welcome to my Nightmare!
inbox is currently 82% full. TEAMWORK MAKES THE DREAM WORK!
"uh no, but we do know that meezer is vince furnier" - brian

Stonergrunge

Quote from: vince furnier on March 03, 2020, 07:57:11 PM
Quote from: Stonergrunge on March 03, 2020, 07:05:16 PM
does that work better than ordering stuff directly from AmRep?

hmmmm, they're way too different. AmRep can be a massacre when it comes to vinyls:

- high prices,
- no digital download card included, let alone the option to download a digital version after placing an order,
- and sold out in less than five minutes.

Now, in the CD department yes, usually their CDs are cheaper because, well... they're only $5 bucks, even considering that the shipping cost to Chile the last time was $13.78, but I still think that Bandcamp is one of the best platforms out there, specially since they give you a wide range of different formats to choose in the case of digital download (I don't recall having downloaded something on AmRep) and that you can do it several times. I usually choose 320kbps MP3 for my phone and AIFF for my laptop. The only problem (not a big deal, really) with Bandcamp is that you can't choose different shipping options, they only give you one choice which is the most economic one... and therefore, no tracking number involved.
Fuzz is love.
Foot fetishism means love, because, it's the magic of feet odor... Long live depravation.

Peebot

$46 for Seattle, ouch. That's more than I paid for the last few Melvins show! huh.

Also, isn't the song 'Sacrifice' already the gift of sacrifice? I mean really.

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: Peebot on March 05, 2020, 06:53:20 PM
$46 for Seattle, ouch. That's more than I paid for the last few Melvins show! huh.

$46?!? That seems like a lot.
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

Stonergrunge

Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on March 05, 2020, 10:38:26 PM

hmmmm, in the case of a national artist, sure.
In the case of an international artist, that's a bargain. You should see the prices here in Chile, the amounts of money required for just one ticket are absolutely obscene.
Fuzz is love.

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: Stonergrunge on March 06, 2020, 08:03:55 AM
Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on March 05, 2020, 10:38:26 PM

hmmmm, in the case of a national artist, sure.
In the case of an international artist, that's a bargain. You should see the prices here in Chile, the amounts of money required for just one ticket are absolutely obscene.
So it's common to pay 39000 pesos to see a band play in a 300 capacity venue, like say.. La Batuta? If so, that's crazy. Good for the bands, though.
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

Stonergrunge

$39.000 CLP is an excellent ticket price for an international artist... well, in the case of La Batuta that may not be entirely true for the bands since that place is known for having some electrical problems... It's not fun to get electrocuted.
Fuzz is love.

))))((((

It's kinda bugging me that this thread has (for a while now) become the ticket discussion thread instead of talking about the new album. Can't ticket talk go in the tour thread?? Although as someone who doesn't really care too much about the tour and loves studio work, i would say that!

Stonergrunge

Quote from: ))))(((( on March 06, 2020, 09:58:40 AM
It's kinda bugging me that this thread has (for a while now) become the ticket discussion thread instead of talking about the new album. Can't ticket talk go in the tour thread?? Although as someone who doesn't really care too much about the tour and loves studio work, i would say that!

That's true, sorry. I like "Science In Modern America", sounds really cool so I'm expecting a good successor of "This Machine Kills Artists".
Fuzz is love.

jules

Quote from: deatheats on February 25, 2020, 09:00:25 AM
FYI, the pink edition is now available to purchase...
https://kingbuzzo.bandcamp.com/
Still available here if anyone missed one:
https://ipecac.tmstor.es/

I mean really.

Can you not get face-value tickets at the box office for $35?