King Buzzo with Trevor Dunn GIFT OF SACRIFICE album - Aug 2020

Started by amazonAMAZON, February 24, 2020, 03:16:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GiveMe45

Just had my first full listen to the vinyl.  Was cooking dinner and had some other slight distractions but I really like what I heard and hoping for a stoney rainy day soon so I can sit and absorb it fully.

vince furnier

put both this and the 4 non album cuts from the Six Pack ep on a tape. on my second listen. i love this. i definitely was missing some low end and melody/ harmony/ interplay with another musician and Trevor excels at this kind of stuff!
Welcome to my Nightmare!

Israeli billionaire dies during penis enlargement surgery

the bloat

Interesting batch of tunes from Buzzo. This doesn't disappoint. Dunn's presence definitely elevates the situation. This is keeping my attention better than TMKA. I'm enjoying my first listen!

Bigval

Quote from: the bloat on August 22, 2020, 02:08:15 AM
Interesting batch of tunes from Buzzo. This doesn't disappoint. Dunn's presence definitely elevates the situation. This is keeping my attention better than TMKA. I'm enjoying my first listen!

His first solo album was much better than this, IMO.

))))((((

Quote from: Bigval on August 23, 2020, 07:30:27 AM
His first solo album was much better than this, IMO.
Agreed, although i do think this new one did grow on me quite a bit. It's just a different beast really. At first i compared the both of them but now i think of them as distinctly different projects. Similar in some ways though. It really makes me wonder what Buzz might do for a third solo record. Add another extra element perhaps?? Im sure it will be something unexpected and novel.

Also i'd have loved to hear what this album would have sounded like without Dunn. Just to hear how it would have been. Probably is better with the double bass though. I think i tend to consider it a follow-up Melvins Lite album myself.

Bigval

Quote from: ))))(((( on August 23, 2020, 07:34:21 AM
I think i tend to consider it a follow-up Melvins Lite album myself.

That's what I thought this album sounds a lot more like Freak Puke than TMKA.

the bloat

Still enjoying it on the 10th listen. I agree with the Freak Puke comparisons. There are also a couple Bootlicker moments. Did we think Buzz would just release another TMKA? I'm glad he didn't. Another fine addition to the Melvins catalog!

el gep

This album is simply beautiful.
At firts, first song, 'Housing..." I thought the "dark folk cliché" almost ridiculous... But it works. This is a GREAT song.
Sadness is a just mask, or a veil. Then the song become stronger, little by little, as if it refuses this sadness, more and more. It becomes a mountain of rage, maybe the rage of still being alive.
Beautiful, really.

>>>JZS<<<

Anyone else's Buzzo LP not centered, like really off center ?
I got the pink vinyl from Ipecac's euro-site & black vinyl from their u.s. site, both have the same problem.

John Schuller

I haven't listened to the whole album yet. But I was pleased there is a cover of Shock Me by KISS on it!

Chief Ten Beers

Quote from: >>>JZS<<< on September 20, 2020, 11:41:42 AM
I got the pink vinyl from Ipecac's euro-site & black vinyl from their u.s. site, both have the same problem.

Avoid Ipecac vinyl like the Covid :P. It hasn't been good lately. I think the last one I bought was Basses Loaded, and fortunately there were no issues.

CoryCory

Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on September 20, 2020, 05:11:26 PM

Avoid Ipecac vinyl like the Covid :P. It hasn't been good lately. I think the last one I bought was Basses Loaded, and fortunately there were no issues.

Of course there's an issue with that Basses Loaded vinyl it's missing like four songs  :lol:

>>>JZS<<<

>>>>UPDATE<<<
Ipecac (U.S.) is sending me a replacement of the black vinyl version.
Still trying to find out who to contact at the Euro-site to replace the pink version 😕

jules

Quote from: >>>JZS<<< on September 22, 2020, 08:28:24 AM
>>>>UPDATE<<<
Still trying to find out who to contact at the Euro-site to replace the pink version 😕
There must be a help section.

buddy holiday

Quote from: jules on September 22, 2020, 10:56:11 AM
Quote from: >>>JZS<<< on September 22, 2020, 08:28:24 AM
>>>>UPDATE<<<
There must be a help section.
did you try here?
https://ipecac.tmstor.es/?showhelp
->select "all categories" on the top then "returns"