King Buzzo Tour Dates and Roll Call

Started by jules, February 25, 2020, 09:50:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dirtmerchant

No way this isn't getting canceled with all the other shit going down. Tours are being canceled left and right. I hope I'm wrong.  I'd rather show up with a respirator mask than to not go😂

Dumpster D

Quote from: dirtmerchant on March 12, 2020, 03:59:17 PM
No way this isn't getting canceled with all the other shit going down. Tours are being canceled left and right. I hope I'm wrong.  I'd rather show up with a respirator mask than to not go😂

Man, don't even say that!  :o

Jozzy

bigfil was at the Om show in GR last night and he texted me a cpl pics of people wearing respirator masks at the show.

I am gonna hold off buying my ticket and decide a week or so before the show. Something tells me this will be cancelled since EVERYTHING is getting shutdown.

Dumpster D

Quote from: Jozzy on March 13, 2020, 07:20:36 AM
bigfil was at the Om show in GR last night and he texted me a cpl pics of people wearing respirator masks at the show.

I am gonna hold off buying my ticket and decide a week or so before the show. Something tells me this will be cancelled since EVERYTHING is getting shutdown.

STOP IT!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!  :-$

Jozzy

Sorry man, it's the truth. We need to put Buzz, Dale, ect in a capsule so that nothing happens to them. Losing any of the crew would be like losing a family member. I am way ok with them cancelling everything. It hurts them more than us making that decision. Travelling to shows is how they make their money. This is just a terrible situation for artists everywhere.

John Schuller

Melvins / King B will get crafty. If they won't be able to tour, they could get into live streaming of music events. Maybe just live stream from Sound of Sirens with daily concerts, jam sessions, recording sessions, fucking around?

amazonAMAZON

Yes, I selfishly hope every home studio is a productive little quarantine for the coming days.

Alex-

I was considering a trip to NY to see Archers of Loaf and KB / Dunn, not quite sure now. I guess we have to wait till at least the beginning / mid of April what the situation is around that time, and what decisions our governments will make.

Redd Kross with Dale are starting their European tour here in Holland April 2nd, doubt that will go ahead.

glen

what's the matter?    y'all are worried that this tour will get cancelled and you won't be offered a refund for your ticket?

no way MELVINS would ever do that.    except that one time when they cancelled a show in Detroit to go play with ghey system of a down at a crappy stadium instead and I was told to "hold my ticket it will be valid at a later date".       and am still waiting... 6 or whatever years later... for that later date.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

deatheats

Makes me wonder if we will see an uptick in limited edition album releases, since the money made by touring will be going away.
Will they be making more new music, available through boutique releases, if the live scene is no longer there?

dirtmerchant

What buzz should do is call up Kevin and give us another album with him. Then, if shit is still shut down call the big biz guys and do another big Melvins release. From the looks of of it no one is gonna be touring anytime soon. No way he's just gonna sit around doing nothing. If the tour does end up getting canceled for real I Deff see some more new music coming.

GrimReaper

May 13 Palm Springs, CA The Alibi
May 14 Long Beach, CA Alex's Bar
May 15 San Diego, CA Casbah
May 17 Tucson, AZ Club Congress
May 18 Phoenix, AZ The Rebel Lounge
May 19 Santa Fe, NM Meow Wolf
May 21 Tulsa, OK The Shrine
May 22 Norman, OK Opolis
May 23 Dallas, TX Three Links
May 24 Austin, TX Barracuda
May 25 Houston, TX Warehouse Live (Studio)
May 27 New Orleans, LA Santos
May 28 Birmingham, AL Zydeco
May 29 Athens, GA 40 Watt Club
May 30 Charlotte, NC Visulite Theater
May 31 Chapel Hill, NC Local 506
June 1 Richmond, VA Richmond Music Hall
June 3 Baltimore, MD Ottobar
June 4 Philadelphia, PA Underground Arts  johnnyg
June 5 New York, NY The Bowery Ballroom
June 6 Hamden, CT Space Ballroom
June 7 Allston, MA Great Scott Vcavallo
June 8 Albany, NY The Hollow  jonE5
June 10 Toronto, ON Velvet Underground  (Flutter Nuts)  Dumpster D
June 11 Buffalo, NY Mohawk Place   (Flutter Nuts maybe) blewis Chief Ten Beers
June 12 Pittsburgh, PA Thunderbird Music Hall  jules
June 13 Cleveland, OH Grog Shop  jules
June 15 Detroit, MI Third Man Records Cass Corridor  glen  jules
June 16 Grand Rapids, MI The Pyramid Scheme  Jozzy  bigfil38  jules
June 17 Columbus, OH Ace of Cups
June 18 Nashville, TN 3rd & Lindsley
June 19 St. Louis, MO Old Rock House
June 20 Chicago, IL Empty Bottle
June 21 Madison, WI High Noon Saloon  (PAUL)
June 22 St. Paul, MN Turf Club
June 23 Des Moines, IA Vaudeville Mews
June 24 Kansas City, MO The Riot Room
June 26 Denver, CO Bluebird Theater
June 28 Salt Lake City, UT Urban Lounge
June 29 Boise, ID Neurolux
July 1 Seattle, WA Columbia City Theater GrimReaper & Mrs. Reaper, Bad Ronald, Margaret the Spy
July 2 Vancouver, BC The Fox Cabaret
July 3 Portland, OR Doug Fir Lounge  Laptop Sorcery deatheats
July 5 San Francisco, CA Great American Music Hall
July 6 Los Angeles, CA The Echo

))))((((

Quote from: dirtmerchant on March 17, 2020, 12:38:56 AM
What buzz should do is call up Kevin and give us another album with him. Then, if shit is still shut down call the big biz guys and do another big Melvins release. From the looks of of it no one is gonna be touring anytime soon. No way he's just gonna sit around doing nothing. If the tour does end up getting canceled for real I Deff see some more new music coming.
I think that is definitely much the case.

Dumpster D

Quote from: glen on March 16, 2020, 01:42:29 PM
what's the matter?    y'all are worried that this tour will get cancelled and you won't be offered a refund for your ticket?

no way MELVINS would ever do that.    except that one time when they cancelled a show in Detroit to go play with ghey system of a down at a crappy stadium instead and I was told to "hold my ticket it will be valid at a later date".       and am still waiting... 6 or whatever years later... for that later date.

You wont have to feel special anymore after this tour is cancelled at least.

...I don't suppose they'll issue me a refund either if the worst comes to pass.

bigjim

Buzz mentioned on the Vinyl Guide Podcast the tour being cancelled is a real possibility.  But he is hopeful they don't have to cancel all the dates.  Its a wait and see approach.