Previous topic - Next topic

ilduclo

Quote from: GiveMe45 on March 16, 2020, 10:11:33 AM
It's a good one but my favorite is GGIIBBYY

post or GTFO!

linoleum blownapart

thrower of the bong water balloons

amazonAMAZON

GGIIBBYY has a great lead-in and ending. The middle of the song I'm mostly waiting for him to yell about fried chicken.

The versions of "It's Shoved" and "Leeech" are superior to my ears, but not enough that they become canonical. I always thought a song has to be drastically different AND improved to warrant being on two albums.

The worst is the alt version of "Don't Cry" on GNR Use Your Illusion II. Why the fuck did we need the same song, literally 75% identical recording, on two albums released simultaneously?

"(New Wave) Polly" on Incesticide was unnecessary.

With the early Melvins stuff and Ipecac reissues I recall the poignant comment "How many fucking versions of At A Crawl do we really need?"

I'm a purist and if I want to listen to a band's discography I don't want to hear the same song twice.

GiveMe45

Quote from: amazonAMAZON on March 18, 2020, 02:28:13 PM
mostly waiting for him to yell about fried chicken.
Id be lying if I said that wasn't one of my all-time favorite Melvins moments...

Mount Ambulance

I always thought a song has to be drastically different AND improved to warrant being on two albums ...

I'm a purist and if I want to listen to a band's discography I don't want to hear the same song twice.

What ya think of Electroretard? That's half alt versions. I think they all differ enough from the originals to compare. I dig every alt version on there. Hell, Revolve is superior for sure ... actually they all may be, but Electrorevolve for sure!

GGIIBBYY has a great lead-in and ending. The middle of the song I'm mostly waiting for him to yell about fried chicken.

The versions of "It's Shoved" and "Leeech" are superior to my ears, but not enough that they become canonical.

I like 1-12 Leech for the "coughing" outro but dig the GPT version for everything else. I can't really stack the two Shoves in opposition being studio vs live.

that last 07 seconds is the money shot!
It was a big night out on the town for the Id and the Reptile Brain ...

like a brick wall, like a dream waiting to be!

amazonAMAZON

Electroretard has the Revolve Summer Version and that left field version of GPT. Those are different enough, but I also don't really regard Electroretard as a proper album. I hear it more as an EP of covers (Wipers/Floyd/Cows) with this other stuff as various degrees of filler in there. The version of Tipping The Lion didn't seem to be sufficiently distinct for my ears to warrant inclusion. Shitstorm is annoying on many levels. It makes me laugh at a minute, that was a good call for the B&B/ER rerelease.

vince furnier

it keeps getting glossed over or history gets rewritten, but that version Tipping The Lion was released as a b-side in 96 along with Interstellar Overdrive. I love it. every instrument and voice on the track is crunchy and distorted.  :lol:
Welcome to my Nightmare!

Israeli billionaire dies during penis enlargement surgery

))))((((

Quote from: amazonAMAZON on March 18, 2020, 07:03:44 PM
but I also don't really regard Electroretard as a proper album.
Same here. I mean, it is in a way, and i consider it to be more "proper" than Chicken Switch or something but still, yes not quite an album in the traditional sense to me.

Helen83

Quote from: jules on March 18, 2020, 11:26:02 AM
During the year Theresa Screams was released, every show Melvins played should have started with Buzz inviting one female attendee on stage to cover that. I would have taken a year out to see every show if that had happened.

Haha....they'd have to be shit-hot to hold a match to the gal who gives it all she got on the single