Melvins Tabs

Started by Green Honey, November 29, 2004, 10:21:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Metalhead Cow

Quote from: bathroom creep on September 08, 2007, 03:11:15 PM
Actually someone already posted a Civilized Worm tab but it was pretty hard to read.
I'm trying hard to figure it out myself but still I'm not happy with it.

Yeah, that was me who posted it, and yeah it was pretty hard to read. I think it was my first attempt at writing a tab.

bathroom creep

I guess if I tried to post a tab it would look the same.
Maybe you could try and post it again cause I'd like to see your version of civilized worm.
I'm too stupid to tab it out properly.
Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt.

Centripetal core of soul sojourn the field vibrates to absolution. I climb toward the sun to breathe the universal.

Have you seen the bridge?  I ain't seen the bridge!  Where's that confounded bridge?!

lazybones

REVOLVE SOLVED

Don't tune drop-D.  Tune your whole guitar one step down and play regular power chords.  It sounds way better than the thumpy drop-d bar chord IMO.

lazybones

Dead Cowboy

He plays in dropped d. I seen it meself.

brian

w a s s a k a

i know this may be considered off topic to some , but id like to see some big business tabs, and since jared and coady are part of the melvins, i dont really find it to be that off topic.

Alex-

My guitar teacher and me figured White Pizzaz out (not 100% correct and stuff). I think I can post that if you want, oh and on ultimate guitar theres a version of one of their tour EP's; Be Stiff

TJP

Quote from: w a s s a k a on November 26, 2007, 01:59:47 AM
i know this may be considered off topic to some , but id like to see some big business tabs, and since jared and coady are part of the melvins, i dont really find it to be that off topic.
Cant you just figure them out yourself? im sure its not that hard

w a s s a k a

some of them are, and seeing them live confirmed that, i got the pleasure of standing right in front of jared for BB's set and the melvins set, and i would very much appreciate the tab to WP

Alex-

These are the parts I have now of White Pizzas

|-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|-------------3-1-0-----------------3-1-0----------------3-1-0--------------3-1-0------
|--33333------------1--33333--------3-----11111---------3--11111---------1---
|-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|--------------------------------------------------------------------0-11111---0-------------
|--3---------------------3--1-------------------3-1------ 1-3--------------------3----------
|------1--4--33333--------1--4---11111-------1-4-------------------------------------

|-------------------------------------
|----------------------3--1---0----
|--1-------------(1)----------------
|-----(1)--(4)---------------------

|---------------------------------------
|------------3--1-0-1----0---------
|--11111-------------3-----3--1--
|---------------------------------------

(play softly)

w a s s a k a

clergyman

anyone ever tab out the stuff off Dale's solo album?

I'm trying to figure out Hurter but I think I got some of it wrong...plus I'm a bass player, and an awful guitarist.

bathroom creep

Yeah, I've been trying to tab it out a short while ago but I wasn't eager enough to finish it. I think I'll give it
another shot and if it sounds all right, I'll post my version.  Hurter is a really great song.

Centripetal core of soul sojourn the field vibrates to absolution. I climb toward the sun to breathe the universal.

Have you seen the bridge?  I ain't seen the bridge!  Where's that confounded bridge?!

bathroom creep

"Hurter"  -   Dale Crover EP

drop d

Intro
  e--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
b--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
g--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
d--7---7---7-0--7---7-0--9--9\---0--3--0---4-------------------------------------  x3
a--5---5---5-0--7---7-0--9--9\---0--3--0---2-------------------------------------
d--5---5---5-0--7---7-0--9--9\---0--3--0---2-------------------------------------

e--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
b--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
g--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
d--7---7---7-0--7---7-0--9-------------------------------------------------------                   
a--5---5---5-0--7---7-0--9-------------------------------------------------------
d--5---5---5-0--7---7-0--9-------------------------------------------------------

riff 1
g--4--4--4-4-4----4---4-----2--2--2-2--------------------------------------------
d--2--2--2-2-2p0--0---0-----2--2--2-2-2h3--3-------------------------------------  x2
a---------------------------0--0--0-0-0----0-------------------------------------
d--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

riff 2
g------------------------2--2--2-2-2---------------------------------------------
d--2--2--2-2-2--0--0-----2--2--2-2-2--3--3----3----------------------------------  x2
a--2--2--2-2-2--2--2-----0--0--0-0-0--3--3----3----------------------------------
d--2--2--2-2-2--0--0------------------3--3----3----------------------------------

PM
  e---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
b---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
g---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
d--3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3--------------------------------------------------
a--3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3--------------------------------------------------
d--3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3--------------------------------------------------
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

riff 3
  e---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
b---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
g---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
d--3----3-3-3-3/5--5/7--7----0--2-------------------------------------------------
a---------------------------------------------------------------------------------  x2
d---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

after that only bass  x1
bass with slight guitar  x4  (just play riff 3 on the low d string... quietly)

PM
d--2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2--------------------------------------------------
a--2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2--------------------------------------------------
d--2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2--------------------------------------------------

riff 2
g------------------------2--2--2-2-2---------------------------------------------
d--2--2--2-2-2--0--0-----2--2--2-2-2--3--3----3----------------------------------  x4
a--2--2--2-2-2--2--2-----0--0--0-0-0--3--3----3----------------------------------
d--2--2--2-2-2--0--0------------------3--3----3----------------------------------

PM
a--3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3--------------------------------------------------

alternate riff 3
d--5----3-3-3-3/5--5/7--7----0--2-------------------------------------------------
a--3----3-3-3-3/5--5/7--7----0--2-------------------------------------------------  x2
d--3----3-3-3-3/5--5/7--7----0--2-------------------------------------------------
         . . .

only bass  x1
only riff 3  x2
bass with slight alternate riff....for a minute or so......fade out....scream

Okay, that's my attempt.  I think it sounds all right..   And once again I have to say: what a great song.
I'm gonna try to figure out Dead Wipe soon.

If you're looking for bass tabs... well, I'm not a bass player but I'm quite sure the bass lines are pretty much
the same as the guitar.