Melvins Tabs

Started by Green Honey, November 29, 2004, 10:21:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dale_Nixon

Cool that would be great me and my bro try and jam most of the melvins songs and the wiki has really helped us on most of the songs but thats one ive really been trying to figure out.
CALLE ME ISHMALE DUMMY.

a bag of holes

i would love one for the hawk!

bathroom creep

Yeah, I still need to do that.... didn't get around to it yet but I'll try to give it a shot as soon as possible. I do have ideas how to play the song, and I've actually played it already but I'm not sure if it sounds accurate, I need to figure it out a bit more.
Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt.

Centripetal core of soul sojourn the field vibrates to absolution. I climb toward the sun to breathe the universal.

Have you seen the bridge?  I ain't seen the bridge!  Where's that confounded bridge?!

YearZero

Does anyone have tabs for "Honey Bucket"? I need bass tabs for that one or I can figure it out from guitar tabs as well. Our band decided to start playing it.

Eponymous

Quote from: YearZero on April 26, 2008, 02:06:06 AM
Does anyone have tabs for "Honey Bucket"? I need bass tabs for that one or I can figure it out from guitar tabs as well. Our band decided to start playing it.

Guitar tab;
http://www.themelvins.net/wiki/index.php?title=Honey_Bucket

YearZero

Quote from: Eponymous on April 26, 2008, 05:45:41 AM
Quote from: YearZero on April 26, 2008, 02:06:06 AM

Guitar tab;
http://www.themelvins.net/wiki/index.php?title=Honey_Bucket

Thanks, bro.

bathroom creep

I think I'm gonna tab out Dog Island, now that I have a live version that I can listen to as often as I want without
having a bad conscience. And yeah, I'm gonna tab out the Hawk as well... it's been a while, I know.

Centripetal core of soul sojourn the field vibrates to absolution. I climb toward the sun to breathe the universal.

Have you seen the bridge?  I ain't seen the bridge!  Where's that confounded bridge?!

bathroom creep

"Dog Island"   -   Nude With Boots

Drop A tuning

Part 1

Intro
e-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
b-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
g-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
d-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
a--0--------------------------------0-------------------------------------------------
a--0---0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0--0---0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-------------------
        . . . . . . . . . . . . . .      . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Verse
e-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
b-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
g--^----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
d--2---------------------------------0------------0-----2--4----------7~--------------
a--3--0-------0-------0------0---0---1--0---0--3--1--3--3--5----------0--------------- 
a--3--0--0-0--0--0-0--0--0-0-0-0-0---1--0---0--3--1--3--3--5--------------------------
          . .     . .     . .   .

g-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
d-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
a------0------0---0------------0----^--0-----5-6--0-0--0------------------------------ 
a--0-0-0--0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0--5h7------5--0--0--5-6--0-0--0------------------------------
    . .    . .   .   . . .                 .       . .

3x verse with vocals

g--10------7--------------------------------------------------------------------------
d--10------7--------------------------------------------------------------------------
a--8-------5------------0-3--0-5--0-3--0-6---0-3--5--3-0------------------------------ 
a-----------------------0-3--0-5--0-3--0-6---0-3--5--3-0------------------------------

3x verse with vocals

g--10------7--------------------------------------------------------------------------
d--10------7--------------------------------------------------------------------------
a--8-------5------------0-3--0-5--0-3--0-6-------------------------------------------- 
a-----------------------0-3--0-5--0-3--0-6--------------------------------------------

Part 2

a--0--3--5--3-0--5-6--------0--------------------------------------------------------- 
a--0--3--5--3-0--5-6--0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-------------------------------------------------
                       . . .   . . . .

a--3--5--3-0--5-6-------3-5----------------------------------------------------------- 
a--3--5--3-0--5-6--0-0--3-5--0-0-0----------------------------------------------------
                    . .       . . .

a--3--5--3-0--5-6--------0------------------------------------------------------------ 
a--3--5--3-0--5-6--0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0----------------------------------------------------
                    . . .   . . . .

a--3--5--3-0--5-6-------3-5----------------------------------------------------------- 
a--3--5--3-0--5-6--0-0--3-5--0-0-0----------------------------------------------------
                    . .       . . .

d--2--4--2-----4-5--------------------------------------------------------------------
a--3--5--2-4---5-6------0------------------------------------------------------------- 
a--3--5--3-0---5-6--0-0-0-0-0-0-0-----------------------------------------------------
                     . .   . . . .

d--2--4--2-----4-5-------2-4-------0-2-0-2--------------------------------------------
a--3--5--3-4---5-6-------3-5-------1-3-1-3--0----------------------------------------- 
a--3--5--3-0---5-6--0-0--3-5--0-0--1-3-1-3--0-0-0-0-----------------------------------
                     . .       . .             . . .

g------------------------^------------------------------------------------------------
d--4-5-------2-4---------2------------------------------------------------------------
a--5-6-------3-5---------3--0--------------------------------------------------------- 
a--5-6--0-0--3-5--0-0-0--3--0--0-0-0--------------------------------------------------
         . .       . . .        . . .

d--4-5-------2-4-------0-2-0-2--------------------------------------------------------
a--5-6-------3-5-------1-3-1-3--0----------------------------------------------------- 
a--5-6--0-0--3-5--0-0--1-3-1-3--0-0-0-0-----------------------------------------------
         . .       . .             . . .

g------------------------^------------------------------------------------------------
d--4-5-------2-4---------2------------------------------------------------------------
a--5-6-------3-5---------3--0--------------------------------------------------------- 
a--5-6--0-0--3-5--0-0-0--3--0---------------------------------------------------------
         . .       . . .     

Part 3

a--0-----0------3-0------0------5-0------0------10--9--10-11-12----------------------- 
a--0-0-0-0-0-0--3-0--0-0-0-0-0--5-0--0-0-0-0-0--10--9--10-11-12-----------------------
      . .   . .       . .   . .       . .   . .

x 2 without vocals
x 4 with vocals 
x 2 with solo
x 4 with vocals jared

Solo
b------------------^--------^---------------------------------------------------------
g------------------5-----5--5---------------------------------------------------------
d--------7--4h5-----------------7----7-5--7-7-----5-7-5-4--5--4-5-4-5-4-5-4-----------
a--5-4-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
a-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Part 4

Riff 1
a------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
a--0--0-0-0-0-0-3--3-3-3-3-3-3-3--6-6-6-6-6-6-6--5--5-5-5-5-5-5-----------------------
       . . . . .    . . . . . . .    . . . . . .     . . . . . .

x 2 without vocals

a--0-3--0-6--0-1--0-4---0-1-0-3------------------------------------------------------- 
a--0-3--0-6--0-1--0-4---0-1-0-3-------------------------------------------------------

Riff 1 x 2 with vocals

d-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------   x 2

end with drums

I already own the album so I guess there's nothing wrong with tabbing it out.
By the way, the Hawk is almost finished as well.

Dale_Nixon

CALLE ME ISHMALE DUMMY.

norecess

bathroom creep

Thanks. I tried extra hard for this new great piece of Melvins music. :)

Andy Wood

Any chance of getting tabs for the Making Love demos? Excess Pool would be sweet...
experimental industrial ambient nothings. give constructive/destructive criticism.

http://www.myspace.com/sewerbaby

bathroom creep

Quote from: Andy Wood on July 06, 2008, 08:05:28 PM
Any chance of getting tabs for the Making Love demos? Excess Pool would be sweet...

I think that's possible.  You have to be patient though, don't know when I'll get around to it.

Chris P. Bacon

The Kicking Machine
main riff played 3 times in intro    Then right before the singing/BACK TO MAIN RIFF
E--------------------------------                E------------
B--------------------------------                B------------         
G---9----------------------------                G---9--------
D---9----767676-------54---------                D---9----2---
A---7------------7--7--------5757                A---7----2---
E---0---------------------------                 E---0----0---

PART AT 1:05
E----------------------------      BACK TO MAIN
B----------------------------
G---9-------7---10---7---9---
D---9---2---7---10---7---9---
A---7---2---5---8----5---7---
E---0---0----------------0---

1:29 PUT THE MAIN RIFF RIGHT BEFORE THIS
E----------------------------------------------
B----------------------------------------------
G----------------------------------------------
D------54-----54-----54-----54-----------------
A---757---757----757----757-----7575757575757575  HAMMER ONS

1:35-1:55
E----------------------------------------------------                       
B----------------------------------------------------
G----------------------------------------------------
D---------------444----------------------------------
A------777--555-----555-444--------5----45----57-----
E--000--------------------------00---00----00--------

LITTLE SOLO THING (LISTEN TO IT TO LEARN HOW TO STRUM IT)
E--17--12--
B----------
G----------
D----------
A----------
E----------

2:03
E--------------------------------
B--------------------------------
G--------5-----8-7---------------
D--7-8-5-5-8-7-8-7--7-8-9-8-9-10-
A--7-8-5-3-8-7-6-5--7-8-9-8-9-10-
E--5-6-3---6-5------5-6-7-6-7-8--  AT THE END OF THE SONG THE STRUM PATTERN
                                   CHANGES MORE UP BEAT PUNK.
                                   ENJOY CHRIS P. BACON         

We don't make mistakes, we just have happy little accidents-BOB ROSS

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
Hunter S. Thompson

norecess

Use the 'teletype' format () like I just did now.

E--------------------------------                E------------
B--------------------------------                B------------         
G---9----------------------------                G---9--------
D---9----767676-------54---------                D---9----2---
A---7------------7--7--------5757                A---7----2---
E---0---------------------------                 E---0----0---

PART AT 1:05
E----------------------------      BACK TO MAIN
B----------------------------
G---9-------7---10---7---9---
D---9---2---7---10---7---9---
A---7---2---5---8----5---7---
E---0---0----------------0---

1:29 PUT THE MAIN RIFF RIGHT BEFORE THIS
B----------------------------------------------
G----------------------------------------------
D------54-----54-----54-----54-----------------
A---757---757----757----757-----7575757575757575  HAMMER ONS

1:35-1:55
E----------------------------------------------------                       
B----------------------------------------------------
G----------------------------------------------------
D---------------444----------------------------------
A------777--555-----555-444--------5----45----57-----
E--000--------------------------00---00----00--------

LITTLE SOLO THING (LISTEN TO IT TO LEARN HOW TO STRUM IT)
E--17--12--
B----------
G----------
D----------
A----------
E----------

2:03
E--------------------------------
B--------------------------------
G--------5-----8-7---------------
D--7-8-5-5-8-7-8-7--7-8-9-8-9-10-
A--7-8-5-3-8-7-6-5--7-8-9-8-9-10-