Author Topic: More stuff to come...  (Read 552 times)

Offline ))))((((

• sun ra was right
    • View Profile
More stuff to come...
« on: September 03, 2020, 05:00:27 AM »
Intriguing news here. More re-issued vinyl and that four albums thing. Surely must be the long mentioned "history of rock" project!

"We have some reissues of old vinyl that will be coming out, including “Hostile Ambient Takeover” and “Gluey Porch Treatments.” We have B Sides of “Hostile Ambient Takeover,” coming out of the EP, in probably the next few weeks. Also, we’re reissuing the “Bride Screamed Murder” vinyl and the “Senile Animal” vinyl. That’s all coming out at some point too, with new artwork. So there’s lots and lots on the horizon for me. I’m working on a book as well. I have a photography book that’s going to come out at some point, all sorts of things. Keep writing music, probably a new album. I’ve got a big thing planned for the Melvins. It’s probably going to be four albums in length, but I’m not going to tell you exactly what it is — not yet, not until we get it done." - Buzz

http://entertainmentvoice.com/2020/08/15/buzz-osborne-untangles-the-eccentricities-behind-king-buzzos-gift-of-sacrifice/

Offline jonE5

• H.F.S.P.R.!!
    • View Profile
Re: More stuff to come...
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2020, 07:38:19 AM »
Intriguing news here. More re-issued vinyl and that four albums thing. Surely must be the long mentioned "history of rock" project!

"We have some reissues of old vinyl that will be coming out, including “Hostile Ambient Takeover” and “Gluey Porch Treatments.” We have B Sides of “Hostile Ambient Takeover,” coming out of the EP, in probably the next few weeks. Also, we’re reissuing the “Bride Screamed Murder” vinyl and the “Senile Animal” vinyl. That’s all coming out at some point too, with new artwork. So there’s lots and lots on the horizon for me. I’m working on a book as well. I have a photography book that’s going to come out at some point, all sorts of things. Keep writing music, probably a new album. I’ve got a big thing planned for the Melvins. It’s probably going to be four albums in length, but I’m not going to tell you exactly what it is — not yet, not until we get it done." - Buzz

http://entertainmentvoice.com/2020/08/15/buzz-osborne-untangles-the-eccentricities-behind-king-buzzos-gift-of-sacrifice/

Wow  :shock:

HAT on vinyl finally.. Yes!
Gluey porch Treatments. Awesome!
Buzz is writing his autobiography? Holy shit!

He dropped a lot of hints to so many things!.. Obviously not touring has gotten a lot of gears turning.

Offline ))))((((

• sun ra was right
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2020, 08:17:10 AM »
It's that 4 albums thing that intrigues and fascinates me the most. A shame we will probably have to wait a good year or more to even hear anything about it. Makes me think of the Trilogy releases - 3 independent records connected together by concept. Im really eager to hear if this idea would be all cover songs or new Melvins songs done in different rock genre era styles. Can you imagine 4 Melvins cover albums coming out at once or in quick succession!!!! Either way im sure Buzz and co are cooking up something interesting and noteworthy at the very least.

Offline Dumpster D

• MITROWSKI!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2020, 12:39:30 PM »
 genuinely interested to read an autobiography written by Buzz.

I think he's a fearless writer with witty insight.

Offline ))))((((

• sun ra was right
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2020, 07:09:51 PM »
genuinely interested to read an autobiography written by Buzz.
I would be too, although from what he has said so far, im not so sure it is an autobiography as such. Or at least not a "straight" standard type of one. Do your remember a piece from his diary that got showcased on some music site a few years ago? That was about how much he hated everything at the airports. It was like part biographical (in terms of mentioning his life) but also more social commentary or observational and essentially written almost as a list. Something tells me his book might be more along those lines. Not something with a traditional beginning, middle and end but individual moments or thoughts compiled together into a whole piece.

Offline amazonAMAZON

• shrimp basket
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2020, 07:41:15 PM »
Between Neither Here Nor There, the tour diary, liner notes, and interviews I feel like I have read Buzz's autobiography. Some chapters such as "growing up in a redneck town" are just really short.

Still, I'll be happy to buy and delve into it.
"Get up, open the curtains and smell the Melvins." -jules

Offline Dumpster D

• MITROWSKI!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2020, 12:26:14 AM »
 I would be disappointed if Buzz's autobiography is not entitled: "How I became offensive"

Offline Jozzy

• descendant of shirley temple
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2020, 07:30:33 PM »
Man, that's all great news. I slept on getting (a) senile animal when it was available. Now you can't find it for less than 200 bucks :? And HAT on vinyl??? :shock:

Offline JASONALEXANDER

• gardening gloves
  • Schnab will never surrender!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Today at 05:40:55 AM »
Melvins is a gift that just keeps on giving!