Melvins 1983 Mullet

Started by Tobias, September 06, 2020, 08:03:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stonergrunge

Quote from: ))))(((( on October 14, 2020, 07:52:05 AM
FUCK!!! This new 'Caddy Daddy' song from Mullet is great!! Now THAT is my Melvins!!! It's got me excited about this 1983 album again now. I thought 'Bouncing Rick' was good but not great like this one!

Where is it? I can't find it on YouTube.

EDIT: oh, nevermind...

https://es-la.facebook.com/melvinsarmy/videos/1247498585613941/
cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love.
Foot fetishism means love, because, it's the magic of feet odor... Long live depravation.

Dumpster D

Quote from: Stonergrunge on October 14, 2020, 10:16:25 AM
Quote from: ))))(((( on October 14, 2020, 07:52:05 AM
FUCK!!! This new 'Caddy Daddy' song from Mullet is great!! Now THAT is my Melvins!!! It's got me excited about this 1983 album again now. I thought 'Bouncing Rick' was good but not great like this one!

Where is it? I can't find it on YouTube.

EDIT: oh, nevermind...

https://es-la.facebook.com/melvinsarmy/videos/1247498585613941/

Oh nice!!!

The drums sound like they're recorded slow tape speed sound!!!  :shock: :shock: :shock:

The whole track sounds like it's slow tape speed actually...wow.

GiveMe45

Is it somewhere that those of us not on the book of face can hear it?

dirtmerchant

I knew in the first four seconds of that song that it kicked ass. I don't understand why the last album with this lineup got so much shit. I thought tres cabrones was a great album. Minus the dumb covers, it was heavy weird and noisy. I think if they had left off 99 bottles of beer and in the army now I think it would have gotten a little more respect. I'll even give em tie my packer to a tree but there is no reason to cover 99 bottles of beer. It was atrocious and pisses me off every time it comes on. Look at me taking shit about the album now, lol. Point is tres cabrones is awesome minus the dumb covers. I'm sure this one will kick ass too.

Dumpster D

99 bottles of beer is an awesome cover, what are you talking about?

I really genuinely enjoy that and take me out to the ball game and tie my pecker to a tree, it's beautiful.

amazonAMAZON

I enjoy those 1983 novelty tunes but they don't much flow with the album. I don't know what else to do with them. It's more of a bonus EP thing I'd imagine.

Dumpster D

Novelty? ...I think those tunes hold more personal significance to the band, has anyone ever asked Buzz or Dale why those songs made it onto their albums at least? 

))))((((

Quote from: dirtmerchant on October 14, 2020, 09:16:22 PM
Point is tres cabrones is awesome minus the dumb covers.
So true.

Quote from: Dumpster D on October 15, 2020, 02:25:36 AM
has anyone ever asked Buzz or Dale why those songs made it onto their albums at least? 
In an interview recently, Buzz said something interesting about how at some point when working on and compiling an album, you ask yourself "what does this record need?". I thought that was fascinating because we might think of those covers as late additions to the rest. After thoughts if you will. Perhaps a way to stop the record being bogged down by everything else.

Im not saying that the song WERE after thoughts, but it does make me wonder now in light of that revelation with all the albums. What songs got added later to balance out certain releases.

vince furnier

Quote from: GiveMe45 on October 14, 2020, 09:02:21 PM
Melvins official is a public page. you can't access it, or won't try on principle?
Welcome to my Nightmare!

Israeli billionaire dies during penis enlargement surgery

dirtmerchant

Quote from: Dumpster D on October 15, 2020, 02:25:36 AM
Novelty? ...I think those tunes hold more personal significance to the band, has anyone ever asked Buzz or Dale why those songs made it onto their albums at least?

Because they are public domain which means they don't have to pay anyone any publishing to add it to their album. I'm onto you buzz. Buzz - " we work really hard on everything we do and for fans to think we do things just to jerk their chains is absurd" (ok im paraphrasing that but you get the idea) then proceeds to put in the army now on an album. 😂 I get they think it's cooky but i really think it hurt the overall image of tres cabrones. some fans probably gave it one spin and we all know it sometimes takes multiple spins of a new album to fully appreciate it ,and those songs stuck out like a sore thumb and probably turned some people off. I have friends who are big Melvins fans who didn't like that album and I had to tell them to go back and listen to dogs and cattle prods, I told you I was crazy, doctor mule etc. Then again, I'm over Melvins doing covers. Maybe I'm just being pissy 😅.

))))((((

GiveMe45

Quote from: vince furnier on October 15, 2020, 07:57:30 AM
Melvins official is a public page. you can't access it, or won't try on principle?
When I click the the link it takes me to a login page

vince furnier

Quote from: GiveMe45 on October 15, 2020, 08:38:20 AM
Quote from: vince furnier on October 15, 2020, 07:57:30 AM
When I click the the link it takes me to a login page
ah. bummer. should turn up soon on IG. hopefully that's public.
Welcome to my Nightmare!

Israeli billionaire dies during penis enlargement surgery

GiveMe45

Ian's post works for me.  Good stuff! 

black stallion

now just think to this song with Dale on drums..
Charmicarmicat:Bastards