Melvins 1983 Mullet

Started by Tobias, September 06, 2020, 08:03:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amazonAMAZON

Sounds really good. Got that dark sexy twisted energy like "Dog Island" or "Brain Center." I think Dillard really holds it down here.

>>>JZS<<<

Stonergrunge

Quote from: amazonAMAZON on October 15, 2020, 12:56:09 PM
Sounds really good. Got that dark sexy twisted energy like "Dog Island" or "Brain Center." I think Dillard really holds it down here.

Brain Center? hmm interesting, I felt more of a "Sesame Street Meat" vibe. I have to admit though that I'm not very impressed with the song, it's too similar to other riffs I've listened to, specially when I compare it to "Housing, Luxury, Energy" or "Science In Modern America" which I truly believe are REALLY great tunes.
cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love.
Foot fetishism means love, because, it's the magic of feet odor... Long live depravation.

amazonAMAZON

black stallion

Quote from: Stonergrunge on October 15, 2020, 10:57:46 PM
Quote from: amazonAMAZON on October 15, 2020, 12:56:09 PM

Brain Center? hmm interesting, I felt more of a "Sesame Street Meat" vibe. I have to admit though that I'm not very impressed with the song, it's too similar to other riffs I've listened to, specially when I compare it to "Housing, Luxury, Energy" or "Science In Modern America" which I truly believe are REALLY great tunes.

can see your point
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

el gep

Quote from: black stallion on October 15, 2020, 12:21:23 PM

now just think to this song with Dale on drums..

Makes me think of "wow, that acoustic guitar duet is awesome, but it would be better with some drums and a fuzz pedal".  :lol:
That's not the point!
The point is Buzz and Dale playing with their good old friend on drums, THAT is the point, and that's all good!

Dumpster D

Quote from: el gep on October 16, 2020, 03:28:54 AM

Makes me think of "wow, that acoustic guitar duet is awesome, but it would be better with some drums and a fuzz pedal".  :lol:
That's not the point!
The point is Buzz and Dale playing with their good old friend on drums, THAT is the point, and that's all good!

I could literally stick a fuzz pedal up my butt and it would sound good with drums.

el gep

I'd like to watch it on my digital coat rail!

black stallion

Quote from: el gep on October 16, 2020, 03:28:54 AM

That's not the point!

don't know.. speaking of Buzz solo album i don't miss Dale. this song by Melvins 83 is good but i wouldn't mind to hear a different more dynamic drumming on it. still like it though!

el gep

Yep, we all miss Dave:
https://elredroprock.bandcamp.com/track/dale-crover-is-gone
:?

Whatever Melvins 1983 rule!
"I Told You I Was Crazy" (Portishead! Tom Waits!) and "Doctor Mule" (The Sparks on Meth!) are some of my Melvins favorites!

))))((((

Quote from: Stonergrunge on October 15, 2020, 10:57:46 PM
it's too similar to other riffs I've listened to
That is true. It is very reminiscent of some other recent-ish Melvins material. I agree with you too about how Gift Of Sacrifice exhibited something different. Something fresher.

black stallion

Quote from: el gep on October 16, 2020, 06:12:44 AM
Yep, we all miss Dave:
https://elredroprock.bandcamp.com/track/dale-crover-is-gone
:?

Whatever Melvins 1983 rule!
"I Told You I Was Crazy" (Portishead! Tom Waits!) and "Doctor Mule" (The Sparks on Meth!) are some of my Melvins favorites!

agreed, Tres Cabrones was great

el gep

I also do agree about guitar riffing similarity between some recent songs (well, for the last 10 years or so). Even in "Gift Of Sacrifice".
Identity? Spiral turns? Badly inspired or self-inspired? I'm sometimes asking myself these questions, as well for my own work.
Maybe there's a little of all of this...
Nothing really wrong, that being said...

black stallion

i think when you're such an influential musician, with such a unique playing style, is very hard to write something totally fresh after so many years of career and albums. with this said, i pay too much respect to Buzz, i will always appreciate his music

el gep

Yep, reinventing the steel after writing 78457,5789 songs is... hem, difficult!