Dale Crover - Rat-a-Tat-Tat

Started by jules, October 21, 2020, 01:35:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tobias

Anyone get there's yet or a shipping notification?
Have you ever only eaten what's alive?

JFKC

Quote from: Tobias on January 13, 2021, 07:58:55 PM
Anyone get there's yet or a shipping notification?

I haven't got mine yet

jules

Had the downloads sent to me last week, but no shipping yet.

Jozzy

black stallion

ordered my copy, hope it won't take too long
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

(the) Razor

Look forward to Dale's output these days. FFOF has high playability.
Don't click this

black stallion

Amazon just said it should arrive in two days  :shock:

Chief Ten Beers

Got the CD in mailbox today, from Bullmoose. Same style pkg as FFoF CD, basic cardboa' digipak. Will be spinning it soon. Still may order the purple vinyl direct from JN.

))))((((

I've listened to the album twice through today. I thought it's okay. It's probably sacrilege to say - but i don't think im totally ALL IN on Dale's solo releases. There's a sort of tone or sound that he likes in most of his music that doesn't appeal to me overly. Same went for Fickle Finger too - i just thought it was okay and not something that i was personally interested in purchasing. I know this shouldn't be about comparing, but i do think Buzz is a much better (or at least "interesting to my tastes") songwriter and singer than Dale. Both the Crover albums would get a 7/10 from me while the two Buzzo solo records would get easy 9's!!!

black stallion

Quote from: ))))(((( on January 15, 2021, 09:14:46 PM
I've listened to the album twice through today. I thought it's okay. It's probably sacrilege to say - but i don't think im totally ALL IN on Dale's solo releases. There's a sort of tone or sound that he likes in most of his music that doesn't appeal to me overly. Same went for Fickle Finger too - i just thought it was okay and not something that i was personally interested in purchasing. I know this shouldn't be about comparing, but i do think Buzz is a much better (or at least "interesting to my tastes") songwriter and singer than Dale. Both the Crover albums would get a 7/10 from me while the two Buzzo solo records would get easy 9's!!!

i can see what you mean. i think FF was good. this one i still have to check it out. if i have to be honest nothing can beat Altamont though. Dale is a real rocker, lots of classic influences. he's a pure class songwriter, imo even better than Buzz.

JFKC

I listened to it today while I was driving down to San Antone... as soon as I got there, I felt compelled to P on the Alamo, then some copper came up to me and said " what the hell do you think you're doin boy?"

I replied "Boy?!??! How dare you pig! I identify myself as a little puppy dog, and little puppy dogs P wherever they want ruff,ruff!!"

So the pig said "get along lil doggy"

Chief Ten Beers

I'm liking this new one after a spin. Seems a little more refined than FFoF. I dig the post-Syd/pre-DarkSide Floyd influence.

Agreed on Altamont of course. Civil War Fantasy is hard to beat.

black stallion

coffee&new Crover.. life is good

Jozzy

Quote from: JFKC on January 16, 2021, 01:52:37 AM
I listened to it today while I was driving down to San Antone... as soon as I got there, I felt compelled to P on the Alamo, then some copper came up to me and said " what the hell do you think you're doin boy?"

I replied "Boy?!??! How dare you pig! I identify myself as a little puppy dog, and little puppy dogs P wherever they want ruff,ruff!!"

So the pig said "get along lil doggy"

I hope you at least peed in the basement.

Sidenote: I visited my outlaws a few years ago in San Antonio and we had dinner downtown and was like a block away from the Alamo. I insisted on checking it out since we were so close to it. What a waste of time  :lol: