MELVINS - WORKING WITH GOD (NEW ALBUM!!!!!!!)

Started by Stonergrunge, November 12, 2020, 11:24:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

el gep

'cause of... PROFANITY!!

PROFANITY WITH THE KIDS!

PROFANITY!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

:lol:

Colonel Cheese

I like my kids to know the profanity. There's a right and wrong place for it. At home and in the car are right places for us.

))))((((

Quote from: black stallion on March 05, 2021, 01:20:17 AM
my copy finally arrived. had a couple of listening already, love it!
Nice one! Have you got a favourite song yet?

black stallion

Quote from: ))))(((( on March 05, 2021, 09:49:23 AM
Quote from: black stallion on March 05, 2021, 01:20:17 AM
my copy finally arrived. had a couple of listening already, love it!
Nice one! Have you got a favourite song yet?

although i had heard it yet, i must say that Caddy Daddy is one of my favourites. speaking of songs i hadn't heard i think Hund and Boy Mike are both badass. i must say some of these songs would totally kill with Crover on drums. i can hear the drumming is a bit generic at times for Melvins standards, but i guess that was the intention as Buzz said, to stay very simple
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

Chief Ten Beers

Got the CD a few days ago & my standard black vinyl today. The sleeve was kind of scrunched up causing the LP to have some light scuffs. Ridiculous :facepalm:. Why? The fucking shrinkwrap was proper, and the jacket wasn't warped.. I hit it with some D4 cleaner, and now looks better, will spin it soon. I'm sure there will be some surface noise. As long as it doesn't skip, I guess I'm fine.

Fave original track so far is Negative No No.

el gep

Quote from: el gep on March 02, 2021, 02:52:42 PM
Did someone else heard a kind of "the return of the black stooges" in a drum pattern for a few seconds in one of these new songs? Don't remember which one, have to check that.
Like Dillard was blinking to Dale in a drum fill (and yep specially "Black Stooges" drum "solo" on HAT).
?
Whatever...

I got it, it's in "The Great Good Place". Drum intro is clearly blinking at the good ol' "Black stooges" ghost drum solo.

moose

Quote from: el gep on March 16, 2021, 08:57:49 AM
Did someone else heard a kind of "the return of the black stooges" in a drum pattern for a few seconds in one of these new songs? Don't remember which one, have to check that.
Like Dillard was blinking to Dale in a drum fill (and yep specially "Black Stooges" drum "solo" on HAT).
?
Whatever...

I got it, it's in "The Great Good Place". Drum intro is clearly blinking at the good ol' "Black stooges" ghost drum solo.
Really it sounds like the beginning of that dumb whistling song that was on the radio ten years ago.
Well, we'll always have "In the Air Tonight." Will that be your most enduring song?
You know, that song won't lie down. It just won't go away. I mean, there's a Mike Tyson moment associated with it now. It's just bizarre. I guess it has a bit of mystery, a lot of atmosphere, and the drums coming in, pinning people to the wall.

Dumpster D

Quote from: moose on March 16, 2021, 01:01:34 PM
?
Whatever...

Really it sounds like the beginning of that dumb whistling song that was on the radio ten years ago.

There are a lot more dumb whistling songs out there than you think.

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: moose on March 16, 2021, 01:01:34 PM
?
Whatever...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIRE6iw-ws4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W01-lj4VtTA
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

moose

Yeah that one. The similarity ends after the drum intro thankfully.
Well, we'll always have "In the Air Tonight." Will that be your most enduring song?
You know, that song won't lie down. It just won't go away. I mean, there's a Mike Tyson moment associated with it now. It's just bizarre. I guess it has a bit of mystery, a lot of atmosphere, and the drums coming in, pinning people to the wall.

Hands First Flower

This record RULES! Will be on "high" rotation.
🤘
What a fabulous room. Are all these your guitars?

the bloat

A return to form indeed! I've been listening to this heavily and loving it

))))((((

Quote from: the bloat on March 16, 2021, 11:14:32 PM
A return to form indeed! I've been listening to this heavily and loving it
Im not sure about that. I don't know, it's difficult to say. There are definitely some glimpses here and there. Ultimately i think i like it more than 'Pinkus Abortion Technician' anyway. Not that i hate that record BTW.

Bigval

Quote from: ))))(((( on March 16, 2021, 11:21:44 PM
Ultimately i think i like it more than 'Pinkus Abortion Technician' anyway. Not that i hate that record BTW.

Blasphemous! ;) I love PAT one of their best IMO but I can't speak to this new album I haven't heard it yet.

amazonAMAZON

God damn, this record is fun. I think of the band that made Prick or Tora or Colossus. These are punks in the best sense of the word. From Sausages to Hold It In, PAT, and all of the Melvins 1983 stuff, there's a sense of irreverence that wasn't quite there in much if the 2000s. Death and This Machine were still pretty "serious" and I hold those records in high regard, too. But this one is just completely "rad."