HAT and GPT reissues up for pre-order!

Started by rimb, November 13, 2020, 12:04:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chief Ten Beers

Quote from: blewis on November 16, 2020, 12:32:38 PM
Does anyone know if there will be a repress of CDs for HAT?

Why do you ask, is it out of print on CD? Buzz once said it was their one Ipecac album where stores had the most returns to distributors. I'd guess there are plenty of used/never opened CDs out there.

Why is everyone jumping all over pre-orders through the Ipecac store when it doesn't come out for 3 months?  Both of these reissues will be easily available via standard retail in February. I pre-ordered the new Mr. Bungle through Bullmoose a few weeks before release date. I had it in my hands the Wednesday of release week.

I think I'll play the wait and see game on these reissues. I wish they had gone back to Third Man. First off there's the vinyl itself. It had better be top quality, and secondly does anyone know if these are gatefolds, and with good quality cardboard stock? They should be, especially with H.A.T.
On the packaging of vinyl, the quality of the cardboard is important. Compare the cardboard stock on any of the Third Man reissue gatefolds to say NWB Ipecac gatefold. Third Man has good thick non-wavy stock, like an album from the 1970s. Ipecac and countless other labels lately do it on the cheap, and you get super this super-thin cheap ass cardboard. Am I the only one annoyed buy these things? :lol:

moose

I agree with you on all fronts except that some of those colors are only a press of 500 so those will be hard to find. I wish I could give Ipecac the benefit of the doubt on the vinyl quality but there track record speaks for itself.
Well, we'll always have "In the Air Tonight." Will that be your most enduring song?
You know, that song won't lie down. It just won't go away. I mean, there's a Mike Tyson moment associated with it now. It's just bizarre. I guess it has a bit of mystery, a lot of atmosphere, and the drums coming in, pinning people to the wall.

booji

If anyone missed out, Bullmoose and Rough Trade have pre-orders up for GPT, HAT and the new record.

JFKC

Quote from: booji on November 16, 2020, 07:08:50 PM
If anyone missed out, Bullmoose and Rough Trade have pre-orders up for GPT, HAT and the new record.

Thank you so much for the info, I was heartbroken that I had missed the pre-orders, but thanks to you I got em!!

Thank you very much

blewis

Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on November 16, 2020, 04:33:36 PM

Why do you ask, is it out of print on CD? Buzz once said it was their one Ipecac album where stores had the most returns to distributors. I'd guess there are plenty of used/never opened CDs out there.

Why is everyone jumping all over pre-orders through the Ipecac store when it doesn't come out for 3 months?  Both of these reissues will be easily available via standard retail in February. I pre-ordered the new Mr. Bungle through Bullmoose a few weeks before release date. I had it in my hands the Wednesday of release week.

I think I'll play the wait and see game on these reissues. I wish they had gone back to Third Man. First off there's the vinyl itself. It had better be top quality, and secondly does anyone know if these are gatefolds, and with good quality cardboard stock? They should be, especially with H.A.T.
On the packaging of vinyl, the quality of the cardboard is important. Compare the cardboard stock on any of the Third Man reissue gatefolds to say NWB Ipecac gatefold. Third Man has good thick non-wavy stock, like an album from the 1970s. Ipecac and countless other labels lately do it on the cheap, and you get super this super-thin cheap ass cardboard. Am I the only one annoyed buy these things? :lol:

Yes, I can;t find it anywhere for sale. Amazon had a few that were used and in "good" condition but now they're gone. I don't own it on CD but would like to if anyone knows where to find it.
The one and only....

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: blewis on November 18, 2020, 02:37:54 PM

Yes, I can;t find it anywhere for sale. Amazon had a few that were used and in "good" condition but now they're gone. I don't own it on CD but would like to if anyone knows where to find it.
Discogs has some for sale- https://www.discogs.com/sell/list?master_id=317057&ev=mb

If you're looking for vinyl, https://www.deepdiscount.com/search?q=melvins&mod=AP#!?pagenum=1&sortby=AvailabledateNew (use promo code WREATH for 15 percent discount)
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

dead mike

I didn't care for how Bullmoose damaged the sleeves on my Atlantic reissues by shipping them in one package, so I shan't be buying from them ever again.
Can you all shut your damn cocks for one second? Music is the only thing that's real in this queef world of dildo ass chodes.

- hemispheres

Chief Ten Beers

Quote from: dead mike on November 18, 2020, 03:55:46 PM
I didn't care for how Bullmoose damaged the sleeves on my Atlantic reissues by shipping them in one package, so I shan't be buying from them ever again.
That's surprising. Bullmoose has always done an excellent job of packaging vinyl for me. Their customer service has always great too with returns and any problems. For instance the last Big Biz CD I ordered from them. It skipped, and they sent me a replacement without me having to return the defective one.

booji

Quote from: JFKC on November 18, 2020, 02:04:17 PM

Thank you so much for the info, I was heartbroken that I had missed the pre-orders, but thanks to you I got em!!

Thank you very much

Cool, I'm happy that I was able to help someone out.

booji

Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on November 18, 2020, 04:58:51 PM
That's surprising. Bullmoose has always done an excellent job of packaging vinyl for me. Their customer service has always great too with returns and any problems. For instance the last Big Biz CD I ordered from them. It skipped, and they sent me a replacement without me having to return the defective one.

I agree, Bullmoose does a great job with their mail order, customer service and their stores are great too. I would consider giving them another chance.

CoryCory

I can well agree with this. Ipecac has been pretty shite with orders and vinyl quality over the last few years

dirtmerchant

Quote from: booji on November 20, 2020, 10:46:55 AM
Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on November 18, 2020, 04:58:51 PM

I agree, Bullmoose does a great job with their mail order, customer service and their stores are great too. I would consider giving them another chance.

I use to order from them a pretty good bit because of the mailers they used, but my last order which was two lps was shipped in one of those standard lp mailers and it got beat to hell and back. I haven't ordered from them since. I don't know if they just temporarily ran out of the whiplash mailer or what. There are plenty of other good mailers for companies to use now there really is no excuse to use those horrible things anymore. I'm glad Haze finally upgraded the mailers he uses. It always sucked paying $50 for a record and it arriving with crushed corners, no fault of his own.

Dumpster D

dead mike

Dunno if anyone noticed, but a second batch of the HAT issue is up on Blixt.

It would have been nice if they'd told us another was on the way before I paid all that extra money for the privilege of waiting an even longer time for the Euro store to ship me one.
Can you all shut your damn cocks for one second? Music is the only thing that's real in this queef world of dildo ass chodes.

- hemispheres

Jozzy

Quote from: dead mike on January 21, 2021, 02:31:38 PM
Dunno if anyone noticed, but a second batch of the HAT issue is up on Blixt.

It would have been nice if they'd told us another was on the way before I paid all that extra money for the privilege of waiting an even longer time for the Euro store to ship me one.

It's also available for pre-order on Amazon.